Conquer Club

How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

If you play between 18-25 games, what percent chance should you have to get the challenge medal?

Total votes : 0

How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 pm

This month's challenge will give the medal out in 14%*** of attempts. It's probably a bit too tough.

What level would make you most interested?

show
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: stickied
Major DoomYoshi

Re: How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

Postby betiko on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 am

I didn t play this month because it seemed too complicated. Win 9/19 (about 50% win expectancy) with 1/3 chances to win each game and repeated so many times. The delta between the expected win rate and the win rate needed to get the challenge is too high.

I think you need to take this into consideration. I d say next time you should win 7/18 in 3 player games to give an example.

Oh, and in you pole, you need to say out of how many players/teams otherwise it s too vague.
Major betiko

Postby GioDuce on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:39 am

The numbers that Betiko suggesting looks GOOD to me.

Now they are only a little bit to hard to keep going for it Every month over and over.

A bunch of the games sometimes go over 2 Months depending the Challenge,
Then you come around 50 gameload very fast for Challenges only.
Cook GioDuce

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:50 am

if people won't go to the threads, put the threads where the people are... *eyes rolling*...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 am

owenshooter wrote:if people won't go to the threads, put the threads where the people are... *eyes rolling*...-el Jesus negro

People are going to the challenge thread, that's why this poll was started. I believe DY wanted to create a separate thread for the poll and the announcements forum is hardly the ideal place for that.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:if people won't go to the threads, put the threads where the people are... *eyes rolling*...-el Jesus negro

People are going to the challenge thread, that's why this poll was started. I believe DY wanted to create a separate thread for the poll and the announcements forum is hardly the ideal place for that.

good, point proven... if they are going there, no need to clutter up the GD with the usual overflow crap from other forums... and the poll should be in the thread where people are signing up and visiting in the mass numbers... BOOM!!!-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 am

owenshooter wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

good, point proven... if they are going there, no need to clutter up the GD with the usual overflow crap from other forums... and the poll should be in the thread where people are signing up and visiting in the mass numbers... BOOM!!!-el Jesus negro

The poll would be, but editing the OP in announcements would go unnoticed for the most part, even if DY told people about the poll. Besides, GD is full of so much crap these days [even though GD is where it belongs] that I don't see any harm in adding this poll here.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:35 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

The poll would be, but editing the OP in announcements would go unnoticed for the most part, even if DY told people about the poll. Besides, GD is full of so much crap these days [even though GD is where it belongs] that I don't see any harm in adding this poll here.

just like the "name the bot" thread and all the other threads having to do with the Foundry or the Newsletter or Announcements... hey, i get it... this is the last place in the forums that CC's efforts haven't totally killed off outside of off-topics...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:37 am

owenshooter wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

BOOM!!!-el Jesus negro

-el Jesus negro
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 am

EXACTLY!!!-eJn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm

I literally have no idea what this entire thread even relates to...
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 pm

jammyjames wrote:I literally have no idea what this entire thread even relates to...

something non GD related that they claim has high traffic in another forum... YET, they still had the need to spam up the GD with it, for some reason... you know, the usual crap that goes on with the abuse of the areas of the forum that people visit... i thought that whole plan of moving sub forums above the GD to increase their traffic was a roaring success... however, the person that promised the data has since retired and those stats will never see the light of day... *cough*...-0

p.s.-video footage from that team CC meeting where they discuss the moving of sub forums above the GD to increase the traffic
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby loutil on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Good lord...some of you act like children. Who cares where the thread is? Nobody requires you to read it and the title makes it quite clear what you will find inside. Quit finding reasons to bitch. Something many of you do quite well...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby tzor on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

You know, in the "good old days" (which were neither all that good nor really all that old ... they didn't have computers in the "old" days ... they didn't even have printing presses) if someone were to complain about the entertainment coordinator's placement of a post the mods would show them to the shed in the back and pull out the cat of nine tails. I mean if this isn't a "general" poll I don't know what is. Announcements go in announcements, that's intuitively obvious to a casual observer.
Cadet tzor

Postby Serbia on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Perhaps there is some confusion on what exactly is meant to be posted in GD? Perhaps the definition has changed, or maybe certain individuals have never fully grasped what GD is meant for.

Owen, why don't you post your version of what should and should not be allowed in GD? I'm looking for something definitive, so a short one line answer will not suffice. I want something that can be used as a guideline. And then perhaps, we could have a global mod post their definition.

I agree that threads are bounced around, seemingly at random at times. Perhaps something clearly laid out is needed. And it is possible that either you misunderstand how this forum is meant to be used, or this current batch of mods use this forum differently than before, and this is the new normal. Either way, we, the Forum Users, could use some clarification.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby loutil on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39 pm

owenshooter wrote:
loutil wrote:Good lord...some of you act like children. Who cares where the thread is? Nobody requires you to read it and the title makes it quite clear what you will find inside. Quit finding reasons to bitch. Something many of you do quite well...

i think members of the GD care a great deal where threads are...

I will have to disagree with that statement. If you had said "I think a very small percentage GD members care a great deal" then maybe we could have shared agreement. This is a game on the internet. As you do not have to actually open the thread I am not sure why it bothers? Maybe the mods can by hypocrites, but why care???
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 pm

why don't you guys give doom a rest, he is trying to improve something game related he is working on. I mean it's fine to banter and shit, but he's doing this on his free time after having some initiatives for the site, it's not his job, he is just another user just like you guys.

Major betiko

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:35 pm

wait!! i forgot about the Banner on every users Game Page too!!! ugh...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:00 pm

owenshooter wrote:this is an announcement about a challenge that already has a post/sticky in another portion of the forum.

Not true. This thread is about future challenges. Only past challenges have posts or stickys in other parts of the forum.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion