Conquer Club

How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

If you play between 18-25 games, what percent chance should you have to get the challenge medal?

Total votes : 0

Re: How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 am

The thread is exactly where it belongs. It is a discussion about what direction some aspect of Conquer Club should take, which is what this forum is designed for, not for your amusement.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 am

Dukasaur wrote:The thread is exactly where it belongs. It is a discussion about what direction some aspect of Conquer Club should take, which is what this forum is designed for, not for your amusement.

The head social clown is not very social at present. There will be NO AMUSEMENT, there is nothing wrong here. LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY I SAY.

If I post this 6times would you be upset with me?
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Re: How SPAMMY do you Want the Challenge to be?

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:The thread is exactly where it belongs. It is a discussion about what direction some aspect of Conquer Club should take, which is what this forum is designed for, not for your amusement.

awesome answer, is that the official team CC response (have yet to receive one yet)... now can i get an official team CC response about his open flaming in this thread by calling me a "venereal disease"? i mean, "veneral", he only corrected it after i let him know he couldn't spell VERY GOOD... *snicker*... still waiting for that response... and again, why not put this where the actual CHALLENGE THREADS are? makes sense!!! you might get more than 20 votes!!! Team CC, always thinking out of the venereal diseased box... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

p.s.-Duk, let's go get a baskin robbin cone together!!! i'm sure between the both of us, we'll be able to find an open shop!!! :D :D :D

Whether the thread is in the wrong place or not, it's a pretty trivial matter. Why don't you devote that energy to feeding the poor, or finding homes for lost dogs and cats.
Captain notyou2

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:41 am

Ive just played July challenge i think that was to easy.... Could someone show how the challenges have been in difficulty say last 6 or 12 months ... my feel is they vary a bit? And they can really drag out i couldnt jump august challenge cause i were still in July and the game load were a bit to handle...:) (156 active at peak) its fun but i think u gotto work more on them? dont know how but well thats my 5,5 cents
Major Lord Arioch

Postby loutil on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 am

notyou2 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

awesome answer, is that the official team CC response (have yet to receive one yet)... now can i get an official team CC response about his open flaming in this thread by calling me a "venereal disease"? i mean, "veneral", he only corrected it after i let him know he couldn't spell VERY GOOD... *snicker*... still waiting for that response... and again, why not put this where the actual CHALLENGE THREADS are? makes sense!!! you might get more than 20 votes!!! Team CC, always thinking out of the venereal diseased box... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

p.s.-Duk, let's go get a baskin robbin cone together!!! i'm sure between the both of us, we'll be able to find an open shop!!! :D :D :D

Whether the thread is in the wrong place or not, it's a pretty trivial matter. Why don't you devote that energy to feeding the poor, or finding homes for lost dogs and cats.

Because he would rather annoy and disturb the rest of us than do something that actually has value...
Conqueror loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

loutil wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Because he would rather annoy and disturb the rest of us than do something that actually has value...

Loutil dear, please explain the actual value of your last comment? Didn't think so. :lol: :lol:
Telling someone you are annoyed by their behaviour is tantamount to begging them to continue. You sir are as brave as you are foolish.

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 am

Come on boys .... lets play and be nice:)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am

owenshooter wrote:
loutil wrote:@ Owenshooter: you need to get a life. I do not need you to police the GD boards. I enjoy them quite well without all your constant spamming and complaining. You somehow feel obligated to put your 2 cents into everything ad nauseam...
There is maybe 5 people who care where a thread is placed. But, like most squeaky wheels, your small crowd gets lot of attention.

global moderator already stated that i do not report threads without merit.. f

Given the wide range of arbitrariness in the rules, "without merit" doesn't mean much.

And, the rules really didn't need to be followed to the letter. That would be too much regulation.

Congrats again, owen, for contributing to the Great Fora Decline.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:45 am

Lord Arioch wrote:Ive just played July challenge i think that was to easy.... Could someone show how the challenges have been in difficulty say last 6 or 12 months ... my feel is they vary a bit? And they can really drag out i couldnt jump august challenge cause i were still in July and the game load were a bit to handle...:) (156 active at peak) its fun but i think u gotto work more on them? dont know how but well thats my 5,5 cents

It's easy for you because you lock yourself in your Swedish basement and refuse to go outside because you continue to think everything is snowed in.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am

Well ive got my priorities straight:)
snow equals play imagine my load when it actually starts to pour here :)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Lord Arioch wrote:Ive just played July challenge i think that was to easy.... Could someone show how the challenges have been in difficulty say last 6 or 12 months ... my feel is they vary a bit? And they can really drag out i couldnt jump august challenge cause i were still in July and the game load were a bit to handle...:) (156 active at peak) its fun but i think u gotto work more on them? dont know how but well thats my 5,5 cents

Well those challenges were just about joining a million games which was dumb. Doom is trying to figure the right balance here and wants us to weight in.

I think the august one was right balanced in terms of wins/games to join. 12 players zombie is just a fuckfest too luck related that can cost you 70pts per game though with all the noobs playing the challenges.
September is just slightly too difficult in terms of win rate required/expected win rate
Also, making people play 12 ish games per month for a given challenge seems more than enough.
Major betiko

Postby BoganGod on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

betiko wrote:

Well those challenges were just about joining a million games which was dumb. Doom is trying to figure the right balance here and wants us to weight in.

I think the august one was right balanced in terms of wins/games to join. 12 players zombie is just a fuckfest too luck related that can cost you 70pts per game though with all the noobs playing the challenges.
September is just slightly too difficult in terms of win rate required/expected win rate
Also, making people play 12 ish games per month for a given challenge seems more than enough.

I think shroom is waiting for you to weigh in. In a different fora, better suited to this conversation. Please don't make toasty jesus cry.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm

owenshooter wrote:"venereal disease"? i mean, "veneral", he only corrected it after i let him know he couldn't spell VERY GOOD...

Lies. I never changed it.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 pm

owenshooter wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Whether the thread is in the wrong place or not, it's a pretty trivial matter. Why don't you devote that energy to feeding the poor, or finding homes for lost dogs and cats.

well, seeing as how i don't want to marry your mother and her wayward pets, i don't know why this would be my concern... go back to your pro CC trolling and let the big people have a conversation here... if thread placement didn't matter, they wouldn't have a rule for it now, would they? *eyes rolling right out of my black jesus skull*... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

Legts assume you're right even though several mods have weighed in indicating you're wrong. What difference does it really make? It's a trivial matter and not worth possibly damaging one of your manicured nails. In case you haven't noticed, there has been a marked decrease in rules enforcement in the past year.
Captain notyou2

Postby casper on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

What challenge?
Major casper

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:28 pm

casper wrote:What challenge?

The Monthly Challenges.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby BoganGod on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:03 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
casper wrote:What challenge?

The Monthly Challenges.

They are on periodically. Often give players a headache. No one wants to talk about them except that awkward person in the corner who knits sweaters from armpit hair harvested from her conjoined twin brother. Bloody nightmare even discussing them in this place. For shame yoshi, for shame

Postby jonofperu on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Wow, a lot of crap in here but I read it all and didn't find much about the poll.

I'm not clear on the poll question.
If you play between 18-25 games, what percent chance should you have to get the challenge medal?

Doom's first post seems to indicate that this is asking what percentage of people who attempt the challenge should achieve it. That seems hard to measure. How many people who play in at least one game meeting the requirements are actually seriously attempting to get the medal? Besides, I'm more interested it what it takes for me to get it that in what percentage of everyone out there gets it. Or is it asking for a calculation of what your chances would be of achieving the challenge goal assuming average win percentages and playing in 18-25 games? I don't have the math skills to figure that out...
Betiko's reply appears to be based on win percentage: winning 7/18 3-player games should give the medal.
And his point that you need to specify what kind of games is valid IF you're asking what win percentage someone has to achieve. Obviously you require a lower win percentage in 10-player games than 1v1.

So even though I voted I actually have no idea what my vote means.

I enjoyed Betamarch and it felt about right for a challenge. You have to play a certain number of games and actually win...
But I think it's a good idea to mix up months that set a bar for winning X number of games (controls for spamming are a good idea) and months that actually only award the medal to the top % of players or to those who achieve a specific win percentage - in order that you not be able to earn it simply through volume.
I like the idea of using scenarios sometimes too. That way people who are concerned with their points can participate without fear.

So if you ask...
"What should the game load be for a challenge?" 15-25 games
"What percentage of 1v1 games should you have to win for a challenge?" 65-75%
"What percentage of 3-player games should you have to win for a challenge?" 50%
"What percentage of 7-player games should you have to win for a challenge?" 20%
Or maybe those last 3 could be summed up in some kind of equation like "you should win 50% more than the average". Expected average for 1v1 is 50%, so challenge requires 75%. For 3-player it's 33%, so 50% for challenge. 7-player is 14% average, so 21% for challenge... 1.5x is high, but hey, it's a challenge!
"How many players at the top of the scoreboard should get the challenge medal?" 20-30
I kinda like the last one to determine the medal...

I think once in a while there should be another challenge like the whack-a-mod with a game limit. You only get to play 10 games and the top 20 people in win percentage get the medal. Hard to make it fair though since a lot would depend on who you play.
Colonel jonofperu

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:58 am

The math works simply. If I play n games, where n is the game max, based on the scoring then I will have a (20,40,etc) chance of winning the challenge.

You can calculate for yourself using a binomial calculation.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby owenshooter on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:22 am

DoomYoshi wrote:How Difficult do you Want the Challenge to be?

that should just about do it... i'd be all in...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:37 am

They should be about diversity and quality rather than difficulty and quantity.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion