Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby jammyjames on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:38 am

I've had an idea to upping the site's throughput.

Stop banning Multi's - will be at 20,000 in days :lol:
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 am

9,798... wow... the black jesus is shocked...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
667219!

That's a staggering number.

Back in the '80s before there was internet I did some stuff with fanzines - & discovered the bizarre thing was, the fanzines that survived & prospered were not the ones with amazing content but the ones that looked after their mailing list. Now I don't know quite what the challenges CC face with database marketing are. But I do know it is about the only place that I've spent money where I've not had a direct marketing message sent to me. God knows if I ticked the no marketing box or if the email I signed up with no longer exists. I do know I don't even get a personal message telling me my premium is about to expire.... Long and short I don't know how to create a database marketing program but I do think it's a priority.

Nice to see the pricing and purchase options multiplying. The whole credits option is a bit 2010 but it's a nice start. A couple of options I might buy into:
- Renew your annual membership a month before it expires and get 13 months for the price of 12, or $5 off. I'm amazed after however many years of CC that no-one has done an analysis of how much revenue is lost by lazy players like me not renewing for a week or two weeks while they use up their existing games before starting new ones. Not to mention how many of us slow-payers become lapsed members.
- Lifetime membership for a multiple of annual membership, or supporters/premium membership that doesn't give you much extra special beyond a logo on your homepage or a nice colour. It would be a good chance to call out us slackers who like to pontificate in this thread.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Serbia on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 am

Dukasaur wrote:A gain of 153 in just over a week. This recovery has come both sooner and faster than last year's recovery.
Overall, it feels good to have come out of the darkest days and find that the ship, while it may have suffered a multitude of casualties, is still afloat and heading in the right direction.

This is why you shouldn't rush to declare victory after a week of minor gains. You end up looking foolish. I'm all for a positive outlook, but this is a bit much.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Serbia wrote:9768.

Dukasaur wrote:A gain of 153 in just over a week. This recovery has come both sooner and faster than last year's recovery.
Overall, it feels good to have come out of the darkest days and find that the ship, while it may have suffered a multitude of casualties, is still afloat and heading in the right direction.

This is why you shouldn't rush to declare victory after a week of minor gains. You end up looking foolish. I'm all for a positive outlook, but this is a bit much.

Bollocks.

I'll admin the resumption of negative numbers is a bit disappointing. Still, the 150 spike did look very strong at the time, and I think it is significant that it came earlier this year than in previous years.

We shall see what happens in the next 3 or 4 months. We've had some HUGE improvements lately, in many areas. Global chat, big events, the introduction of more flexible purchase options in the store, the Great War, the expanded Guide program for newbies, a server upgrade coming, various other things. If there's a time to be optimistic, it is now.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Serbia on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:07 pm

As I say, I'm all for optimism. However, let's keep it cautious for now, until there is a strong and sustained recovery.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:03 pm

back to 5 digits for the first time in over a month
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby notyou2 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Army of GOD wrote:10161

back to 5 digits for the first time in over a month

Captain notyou2

Postby codierose on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 pm

will be going down now the price has gone up
Lieutenant codierose

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:06 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:38 pm

codierose wrote:will be going down now the price has gone up

i think the price made the spike... the price is up, but you can pay lesser amounts for monthly or half year memberships, so that will attract more "trial" members...

Army of GOD wrote:10155

this is in direct correlation with my ban this morning, for which i did not receive an email notification stating the reason for said ban... people were OUTRAGED and left the site in droves... the black jesus has apostles...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BoganGod on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 pm

owenshooter wrote:
codierose wrote:will be going down now the price has gone up

i think the price made the spike... the price is up, but you can pay lesser amounts for monthly or half year memberships, so that will attract more "trial" members...

Army of GOD wrote:10155

this is in direct correlation with my ban this morning, for which i did not receive an email notification stating the reason for said ban... people were OUTRAGED and left the site in droves... the black jesus has apostles...-Jésus noir

A ban, for no given reason? By the fair, balanced and always so helpful in explaining and communicating moderators on this site. Are you sure your computer wasn't buggy. These balanced judges who own ALL their locks, merges, and other actions would never stoop so low. Unless they are trying to sabotage the site....
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:24 am

Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:42 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:31 am

BGtheBrain wrote:And so the great incline of 2014 is upon us

Blasphemy!!

The glimpses of optimism have always ended with pessimistic sigh. A mere boulder is no match for the avalanche of the Great Decline.

Your years of poop-scooping have made your arms sore, and your mind has been addled by the stench. Thus, you seek comfort in illusion, but this is not the way. Come, BGtheBrain, rest your weary head in my arms. Let us relish in fond memories as we gracefully welcome the Great Decline.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:08 pm

The Great Decline
envelops all. Only screams
are heard in its spectacular despair.

Happiness dies. Promise dies. Hope dies.

All die. No life.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Army of GOD wrote:The Great Decline
envelops all. Only screams
are heard in its spectacular despair.

Happiness dies. Promise dies. Hope dies.

All die. No life.

Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote:I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:36 pm

'My name is bigWham, admin of admins:
Look on my website, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:I don t think there is anything to blame about the site. Anyone knows if the comptetition, landgrab and whatever aren t suffering from the same drop?
I don t think anyone left CC for another risk site, nor to play it exclusively on board games.
The people playing risk worldwide isn t that much of a full expanding population; if you open a great site to play risk, well between 2006 and 2010 people will eventually find it. By 2014 all of the "oldies", or most of them, have found it, and have had time to play it till they felt like moving on.
Come on, the attention span for a game for most "normal" people isn t 10 years. Sticking around for 3-4 years for a same game is huge!
The audience is niche but there will always be a hard core nucleus of players. I don t think the site is risking to disapear, and i m not personally affected by the drop of users.

So you only play bot games then? Because if you are playing games with/against other players you are dependent on those other players and how many/few they are. Almost everyone have felt the consequences of the decline as games are harder to fill, but even if you are one of those few who only play against a small number of people over and over again, it is still only a matter of time until you feel the effects of the decline as well. It may be that your little clan starts losing members and no new people fill their place, it may be that you have trouble finding other clans to play against, regardless you will feel the decline if you haven't already, only a matter of time till you do.

I almost only play clan games which is where the true competition is, and the clan world is doing just fine. We know how to recruit members once in a while in anticipation of future dropouts/breaks as most clans do. This isn t something you are familiar with so stick to commenting the amount of active users on the site on a weekly basic, that really sounds like a fun hobby.
There is around 60 active clans and no clans face troubles to find challenges, there s already too many clan competitions to participate in all of them.
Major betiko

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 am

Bollocks.

10303. After 9 days.

Looks like Duk may have been right, at least about the gains.

Follocks.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:33 am

JamesKer1 wrote:

Bollocks.

10303. After 9 days.

Follocks.

yep... putting a dent in that 15K we have lost!!!!-Jésus noir

p.s.-about time they implemented the tiered membership... such a wonderful suggestion that languished
for years until BW stepped to the plate...
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Serbia on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:57 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:

Bollocks.

10303. After 9 days.

Follocks.

Let's hope he is right.

Another update: 10279. After 16 hours.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:08 pm

I guess we should celebrate that this is the lowest population at this time of the year ever.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby asellas1025 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:02 am

betiko wrote:We know how to recruit members once in a while in anticipation of future dropouts/breaks as most clans do. This isn t something you are familiar with so stick to commenting the amount of active users on the site on a weekly basic, that really sounds like a fun hobby. There is around 60 active clans and no clans face troubles to find challenges, there s already too many clan competitions to participate in all of them.

I guess the decline shall lead to the doom of the normal player base but the hardcore clan going ones. Left the rest of us out to dry...Sad, love the favoritism if this is how things go. No wander this place doesn't see many new folks ever. An sure there are those who don't enjoy clan stuff and are equally as decent. Yet, guess CC is only for clans nowadays.
Private asellas1025

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion