Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Welcome to Conquer Club Mafia
Be Sure to read and review the rules. Some are different!

*SiriusCowKing is helping me co-host this game. Any questions can be directed towards him and myself.
(Could use another co-host please send me a pm)

Pick Your Power Mafia~Plane Crash!
show: Important Posts

Introduction:
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.

The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.

Rules:
Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
11. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
12. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.

Posting:
Mod Font:
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.

Activity:
You must post in this thread once per day /night Phase while you are alive. You Must vote in the voting thread every day phase located here [create vote thread] If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled or replaced.

Spam:
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Risk Games here. Play Mafia here. This also means you should condense your posts when possible. 15 one-liners in 30 minutes is unacceptable.

Encryption:
Don't do it.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. While you should try to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.

Inappropriate posts:
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the Forum mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM the host, a co-host, or Forum Staff.

Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without getting banned. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Out of thread communication:
Quick Topics will be provided when needed
Faster forms of communication maybe allowed if informed a head of time.

Observers
If you would like to observe this game, please PM me for access to the observer QuickTopic. If you receive access to the observer QuickTopic, do not discuss this game with the players until this game is over. There is currently an obs topic. Pm for access.

Voting rules:

1. Voting is done in this thread only viewtopic.php?f=213&t=208086. Please keep votes there, and only vote there. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote StorrZerg. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may (not) vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game, or imaginary.
5. Voting is mandatory. You may (NOT) abstain.
(6a. This game uses a plurality lynch. You become the new lynch target when you have more votes than anyone else.)

Signups:
This game is open to anyone Signups will remain open until (all 21spots have been filled) (sept start time).

1 Djfireside NRA mafia
2 mtamburini
3 HotShot53 Vanilla Townie
4 Killuminati19 Vanilla Townie
5 Virus90 Town politician
6 Metsfanmax
7 jonty125
8 grt Town extractor
9 legionnare
10 streaker
11 crasp copy cat
12 charm
13 Whatsausage Town bomber man
14 dd515087 Mafia prince of darkness
15 aage Town floridian
16 Zivel
17 jwiedlin Vanilla townie
18 pancakemix Parity Cop
19 strike wolf Vanilla townie
20 Iron Butterfly UltrasPlot Town Jail keeper
21 Some7hingCLEVER TheForgivenOne

Replacements
1. TheForgivenOne

Game-specific rules:
No post Restriction in Night phase.
Plurality lynch.

Clues
There are no clues in day/night posts. Flavor is flavor.

Replacements
This game uses replacements. If a player is modkilled during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

PMs
PMs are (not) allowed in this game.

Time Cycle:
This game will follow a (24 hour night/ 72 hour ) day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the 5 day mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is time, but that is subject to change. Actions/votes will be accepted up to and including the posted time, but not after. Night phase will technically be 23 hours + 1. Meaning you have 23 hours to send in night actions, the last hour will be used for calculations. You may post during the 1 hour grace period, but no action pms maybe sent in at this time.

Role Disclaimer
Please be aware of the sheer number of roles that are in the game. There is no possible way, given the number of roles, that all interactions and exceptions can be clarified ahead of time. It will have to be addressed on a case by case basis in game when you ask questions about how you can use your role. I state this now so that everyone playing the game is aware that there is the possibility that interactions might not work quite how they expect, particularly if the right questions are not asked, or might be clarified in their favor or against. I will answer all questions possible or decline when I cannot, but will not volunteer excess information. If you want the right answers you need to ask the right questions. You have been warned.

Credits:
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer.
Thanks to everyone who helped balance this game.
Big thank-you to TeamLiquid for the op. Huge thanks to flamewheel and ver for the setup
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Pick Your Power Game
Draft System

Phase Ordering:
1) Signups complete. Players confirm and game begins.
2) Alignment PMs are distributed.
3) 24 hours are allotted for everyone to submit a pair of draft numbers to me via PM.
4) The draft order is published. In next 48 hours Mafia will ban 5 more roles after the Town (and mafia naturally) vote to ban 4 roles. The top 4 voted roles will be banned.
5) I will update the role list and note all the banned roles. Everyone PMs me their role pick in the next 48 hours.
6) Everyone receives their role and Day 1 begins. Day 1 runs for 72 hours.

Of course, all the Mafia know each other before anything happens. The order of the draft will be revealed after everyone sends in their numbers. The pool of roles will always be available.The pool of roles will be picked secretly by draft order via PM. Once that role is gone, if anyone else tries to pick it later they will be notified it is gone and will end up stuck with their Vanilla Role. It is entirely possible to end up with Scum Cops, Scum Vigilantes, Town Role blockers and so on.

Drafting Phase:

The draft order works like this. Every player will pick 2 numbers between 1-20 and PM me. Once I have everyone's selections I will reveal the draft order. If you do not send in numbers you will automatically be placed at the bottom of the draft behind all players that sent in numbers. If multiple people do not send in numbers I will random the order at the bottom.

The first number closest to 1 that is picked will be first in the draft order. Of course that would be too easy so if several players pick the same number they all will be reset to last in the draft order. In that case. I would move on to the next lowest number (in this case 2) and the same rules apply. If no other player has picked the number 2, they will become first in the draft order. And so on until I get to #20.

Now the second number picked is used to determine who goes first in the event of players picking the same number. The lowest number of the second number goes first and so on. In the event players picked the same 2 numbers I will once again reset them to the back of the queue(for the order they are in).

In the event that your first and second numbers clash with another player's you both go straight to the bottom of the order. So if 3 players picked [4][1], [4][1] and [4][7] the two players with [4][1] are bumped below the player that picked [4][7] along with the original bump. In these cases, the more unique a combination in comparison to others, the higher priority it has.

Player A - [4][19]
Player B - [1][12]
Player C - [1][6]
Player D - [7][8]
Player E - [3][4]
Player F - [7][8]
Player G - [7][20]

Players B and C both picked 1. They go to the back of the queue. Player E has the next lowest number and is the only one that picked 3. (S)he goes first. Then player A since (s)he is the only one to pick 4. Since Players D and E both picked [7][8], they are bumped below G, who has [7][20].

Current order, with bolded players locked into position.

Player E
Player A
Player B
Player C
Player G
Player D
Player F

Now I just resolve Players B, C, D,F and G. Between B and C, I look at the second number. B has a 12, C has a 6. So C gets to pick before B.

Current order, with bolded players locked into position.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B
Player G
Player D
Player F

And now it's time to order the bottom players. G had a more unique combination than D and F (who picked the same numbers), and therefore goes before them.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B
Player G
Player D
Player F

In the case of D and F I will randomly decide goes first since they have the same 2 numbers. For argument's sake let's say D rolled higher in a 1-10 roll than F. D goes before F.

Player E
Player A
Player C
Player B
Player G
Player D
Player F

Thus, the draft is now complete.

Simple, right? Of course this is all done to support epic mind traps between Mafia and Town for picking numbers. Remember once this phase is done you will know the draft order publicly. You just wont know who picked what and what roles got picked.

Starting Alignments

Vanilla Townie
You are a townie! You may not have a special role, but you are the base of the town and have the power to bring wrongdoers to justice. Your job is to use teamwork and analysis to hunt down and lynch the mafia.

Vanilla Mafia
You are the mafia and want to shove your down the Town's throat. You can coordinate your draft picks. There are five Mafia to start off. However, I will not indicate whether the Traitor(s) has/have been converted. Mafia have (1) kp per night. Mafia KP is always 1. The Mafia team as a whole gets 5 bans. Please PM me during the drafting phase.

Role List

show: Short List

show: Full List
Last edited by StorrZerg on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Major StorrZerg

Re: Pick Your Power Mafia Sign ups~! Start date Early Sept.

Postby virus90 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:52 am

yes in, unless your gonna post some real crazy shit later ;)
Major virus90

Postby Djfireside on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Ill play even with crazy shit
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby mtamburini on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:29 pm

/in n
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby jwiedlin on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm in!
Captain jwiedlin

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 pm

iN.

ewfetbgeuwurgutbvwrkvbjtg4bjgrkwuvbfektg

Hopefully that meets you minimum number of characters required. Stupid thing....
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Zivel on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:50 pm

In please
Sergeant Zivel

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:58 pm

I'll join.
Major HotShot53

Postby pancakemix on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Placeholder in
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:16 pm

ill play

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Set up would be best for a bout 21 players. Ill try and get the OP all finished up sometime this week.
Major StorrZerg

Re: Pick Your Power Mafia Sign ups~! Start date Mid Sept.

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Updating op today with all information.
Game will start 2 weeks after strikers is my guess
Major StorrZerg

Re: Pick Your Power Mafia~ Sign ups~! Start date Mid Sept.

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:23 pm

The opening set up of the game is Posted
All possible roles and role pms are posted. If anything seems off let me know!
Major StorrZerg

Postby grt on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:23 pm

In please
Major grt

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Dropping out, sorry
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Silver_Samus on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 pm

In please.
Corporal Silver_Samus

Postby jonty125 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 am

In please.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby dd515087 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 pm

In please
Cook dd515087

Postby Whatsausage on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:33 pm

I'll join
Captain Whatsausage

Postby legionnare on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:58 am

Yes please
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby aage on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Though I think I won't like the draft setup I would like to join as well. Doesn't look like I'm going to replace in the non-balance game any time soon, as the most viable candidate died N1.

Edit (and thereby breaking the rules in advance)
I have been reading your draft list to figure out which roles to ban/prioritize to pick and I have some questions about a few roles.

Can you explain the NKVD Agent role a bit clearer, specifically: what exactly does the role change entail?
What does the 'family' part in the Assassin description mean? Does 'RED' simply mean 'mafia aligned'?
Is Bad Santa designed to kill any player OTHER than the person responsible for the kill, or am I reading this wrong?
Could you give us details on which roles are affected by the Role Reverser, and to what end?
Can the Pardoner self-target?
What exactly do you mean by "covering" in the Godfather description?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Streaker on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:55 am

Silver_Samus wrote:In please.

I'd like to join :evil:
Captain Streaker

Postby Zivel on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Whats going on in here then?
Sergeant Zivel

Postby legionnare on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:07 pm

It's now late Sept.....
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:32 pm

hey ill try and start this soon (within this week)
still need a few more sign ups

ill spam some people you guy should too!
Major StorrZerg

Next

Return to Mafia Archives