Conquer Club

Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM- October WINNER announced

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Win up to 6 YEARS PREMIUM

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:26 pm

- I say do whatever it takes to help CC thrive, I don't care if a message pops up on My cell phone every day, CC is so fckn fun, and with all the friends I've made here, I'd be devestated if CC closed shop.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:30 pm

The fact of the matter is this;

The site has been in decline for some time now, this is a desperate attempt at advertising for free. But with so many issues going on with the site the last thing I want to do is advertise it. In my opinion things have gotten drastically worse since Lackattack stepped aside, and I see no hard attempts to fix the usability problems. Even new additions have loads of bugs, something I don't recall happening nearly as often in the past. My membership expires soon and I do not plan to renew, but for every person who says that, there is at least one die hard that does. ConquerClub should care that I'm leaving, customer acquisition and retention is crucial for a site structured like this, but they don't.

If you want new customers, you're going to need more than a few die hard players sharing your posts on Facebook, especially if you want these new players to shell out $25. Stop being cheap asses and spend some money on advertising if it's such a big issue.

Also, this shit is annoying to see in the clans forum section. This should be stickied in GD and if you want more players to see it, send one of the infamous mass PMs everyone hates and add it to the front page.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 pm

People are always going to complain. TeeGee posted this and immediately people were saying "why isn't this a global announcement?" Then when he does that people bitch about it. You can't please everyone.

Actually, TeamCC are volunteers and that includes TeeGee. If players leave, we lose nothing. We don't want players to leave, but we're just members, like you. Some of us do work on the site FOR FREE. Getting membership paid is not compensation for the amount that some of these people do. I do not consider myself a huge asset to the team, but some people like TeeGee are. Cut them some slack for feck's sake. He did what is within his power. Front page and mass emails are not in his power. They are just MEMBERS like you who have some mod powers and lead up community stuff to try and make the site better. Team leaders get a certain amount of premium credits for community competitons and projects. Before you cry about "free" advertising, remember all the free hours that many of these members put in to make the place more fun for you.

Sorry Orange, but I think that you should be ashamed of yourself. The site does have an owner, but the rest of us non-admins are the same as YOU! No one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to like CC on FB. It's just a post.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby woopintroysbutt on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

I for one have no objection to this popping up in various places. I frankly wish more important items would just show up. It saves me the time, which there is not always much of, from having to sort through a bunch of "trivial" things to find the important ones.

CC is a good site, but, as with many, does have some issues. One way of solving that is to get additional revenue and use it wisely. If the true fans of CC would take a little time to help promote the site, then we could get more members and make things better. I don't have a FB account, but tell everyone I can about the site. It is easy to complain when things aren't the way you want them, it is a lot harder to get involved and help make them better. Let's face it, $25 is just not that much money for a years worth of playing. I know money has been tight for a lot of people, it is for me as well, but I hear people complaining all the time while smoking a cigarette or drinking a beer. Most people find the money they need to spend on what they want. It is usually a matter of what you want, at least when you are only talking about $25. That of course does not apply to larger sums of money.
Captain woopintroysbutt

Postby scottp on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:59 pm

$25 is nothing. I spend more on beer at happy hour after work on a Thursday night. I used to not think twice about paying for my premium membership here. I did not renew the last time it expired and will not renew, even though the cost is completely inconsequential.

The site has gone to crap. Tons of worthless 'additions' and every update breaks the 3rd party add-ons we enjoyed and relied on so heavily. I haven't even tried to get BOB to work in months.

Stupid marketing/spamming campaigns like this may lure in the unsuspecting, but few of those will subscribe and fewer yet will stick around. Meanwhile, long-time users are piling out the doors. Even the attraction of maintaining my status in my clan, who are like brothers to me, is not enough to get me to bear the bad taste of this place.

Stick around, I may tell you how I really feel.
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:52 am

Shannon Apple wrote:People are always going to complain. TeeGee posted this and immediately people were saying "why isn't this a global announcement?" Then when he does that people bitch about it. You can't please everyone.

Actually, TeamCC are volunteers and that includes TeeGee. If players leave, we lose nothing. We don't want players to leave, but we're just members, like you. Some of us do work on the site FOR FREE. Getting membership paid is not compensation for the amount that some of these people do. I do not consider myself a huge asset to the team, but some people like TeeGee are. Cut them some slack for feck's sake. He did what is within his power. Front page and mass emails are not in his power. They are just MEMBERS like you who have some mod powers and lead up community stuff to try and make the site better. Team leaders get a certain amount of premium credits for community competitons and projects. Before you cry about "free" advertising, remember all the free hours that many of these members put in to make the place more fun for you.

Sorry Orange, but I think that you should be ashamed of yourself. The site does have an owner, but the rest of us non-admins are the same as YOU! No one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to like CC on FB. It's just a post.

I most certainly am not ashamed. I don't think you view this website as a business, but it is one and it's failing. The fact that so many long time customers of the site are leaving should throw up red flags left and right. With so many members not renewing their membership it will quickly hurt the site. Each one you lose is someone that was already convinced to pay to use it. Now you have to convince someone new to the site go pay what you lost from that long time player. That's called customer acquisition and it's not cheap. $25 is not a lot, I never said that. But if Conquerclub expects a facebook post to convince someone to come try out the site and eventually pay $25 to use it, they are out of their minds and need to hire a new marketing strategist. Then there is customer retention, people renewing their membership. There certainly are people that continue to renew, I don't dispute that. But it's growing popular for long time players to stop. $25 dollars lost may now seem like a lot, but it adds up quick. Both of these are costing the business a sunstantial amount of money. This initiative is simply a way to try and cut costs by advertising for free. But that won't fix the overall problem.

Furthermore, if you volunteer your time, that's your prerogative. I don't not appreciate the things the volunteers do. But that's your choice, I don't owe you anything for it. Having volunteers is simply another way the company tries to cut costs.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 am

Shannon Apple wrote:People are always going to complain. TeeGee posted this and immediately people were saying "why isn't this a global announcement?" Then when he does that people bitch about it. You can't please everyone.

A global announcement is fine, but when it's also posted in our private clan forums that's a bit too far.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:15 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:

A global announcement is fine, but when it's also posted in our private clan forums that's a bit too far.

The BB Code doesn't allow us to pick and choose. It's either local (post in a single forum) or global (post in all forums.)

And the phpBB is third-party software, so it's not even in our power to change that. Although, there might be an add-on that does that, someone could check that, but if there is we don't have it.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Armandolas on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:35 am

Dukasaur wrote:Although, there might be an add-on that does that, someone could check that, but if there is we don't have it.

And if u had , probably it wouldnt work because of an update :)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby TeeGee on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:51 am

Got to love all these monopoly money business experts. Google trends indicates that our site is actually doing better than the other sites that have similar style games. If we catered to each and every one of your whims and whinges we would have 3000 different websites.

I do not apologize for this thread appearing in your private forums, it will not stay forever. I answer to the site administrators and the site owner. And before you cry about the $25 or however many dollars you "invested" to play here, think of the many thousands he has recently invested in a new server.
For those of you who are saying everyone is leaving, overall membership increased 5% in the last 30 days, so the owner is doing something right.
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Serbia on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 am

I may not be interested in winning premium, but I certainly won't complain about a single stickied topic appearing in all forums. In fact, I understand it and applaud it. I wish you luck in expanding your membership base.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:35 am

TeeGee wrote:Got to love all these monopoly money business experts. Google trends indicates that our site is actually doing better than the other sites that have similar style games. If we catered to each and every one of your whims and whinges we would have 3000 different websites.

I do not apologize for this thread appearing in your private forums, it will not stay forever. I answer to the site administrators and the site owner. And before you cry about the $25 or however many dollars you "invested" to play here, think of the many thousands he has recently invested in a new server.
For those of you who are saying everyone is leaving, overall membership increased 5% in the last 30 days, so the owner is doing something right.

Or why not take the last 60 days, estimate the change in consumer base, and if it's good, attribute success to bigwham's policies? If it's bad, then arbitrarily select another time frame and/or blame other causes.

That's how I'd maintain faith in the Great Leader!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:37 am

@Orange.

To the volunteers it isn't a business. We do not care about making money, we only care about the community because we are part of it. It's up to the owner to come up with the business plans and whatnot. This is why I find it ridiculous that you are attacking fellow members for caring about the community and wanting it to stay alive. I do not hold grudges toward bW because it's his business, or the fact that we are unpaid. Not sure why you hold such grudges. I have volunteered on another site for over 6 years and I would do it all again, even if it's thankless. There are people who DO appreciate it.

Get over it, it's just an announcement and like I said, just as no one put a gun to our head and forced us to volunteer, no one is putting a gun to yours and saying "like us on FB." I do know about there being a new server, which is a pretty big investment, but things need sorting before we see the benefits of that server.

Simply ignore this thread if you don't like it, Orange.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Ok, good luck everyone on winning 6 years premium then.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm

Just, can you guys put a warning in the tittle that this is not the Platinum Lounge? To avoid one of the infamous penis pics saxi and betiko post there.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Serbia on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:44 pm

WARNING: THIS IS NOT THE PLATINUM LOUNGE
You have been warned.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Thing is you're targeting the wrong place, yes more people read at least one forum than just the general announcements forum but the real question is what percentage of the CC populous actually visit any forum?

Wouldn't it be better to send out a mass message to everyone detailing the competition with the general idea in the headline? This I could see once, decide if it was something I was interested in and move on without having to be reminded about every time I want to check up on my clans forum.

Dukasaur wrote:
trevor33 wrote:Why the f*ck is this spamy crap on the top of my clans forum page?

This is the sort of shit that would prevent me from renewing my sub. Appreciate the need to advertise, also don't care about the competition but I don't want to see it on top of a 'private' forum.

The system only has two options for announcements. Local announcements that only show up in one forum, or global announcements that show up in all forums. There's no middle ground, there's no option to pick and choose which forums it should go to. It's either one or all.

Given the fact that not everybody goes to GD, where this was originally posted, and the fact that we need to reach as many members as possible, TeeGee decided to send it global. I think it was the right call.
Robespierre__ wrote:Guys ... that link at the top of the Forum page is super unobtrusive. Cut them a little slack as they try to attract more members. I don't want to post to FB either, but I understand the motivation to get us to do so. More members is good for all of us. Especially Hop since he is always looking for new friends.

Robes

Thanks, Robes! At least somebody understands. We're all in this boat together. Personally, I hate Facebook, but I opened an FB account anyway, and I regularly post CC links. It's just a matter of doing what I can to get some fresh blood into this site and make something happen. We have to get more members in here or there won't be any site left for us to bitch about. One extra thread in your forum, is it a major sacrifice?
Major Trevor33

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:32 pm

^^^ = good idea.

Also, to clarify about my post on opportunistic strategy, it only takes 2 minutes to make a fake FB account. Start 'sharing' CC and get in the lottery, baby!!!!!
(unless of course they tamp down on this strategy! :D )
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby TeeGee on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm

trevor33 wrote:Thing is you're targeting the wrong place, yes more people read at least one forum than just the general announcements forum but the real question is what percentage of the CC populous actually visit any forum?

Wouldn't it be better to send out a mass message to everyone detailing the competition with the general idea in the headline? This I could see once, decide if it was something I was interested in and move on without having to be reminded about every time I want to check up on my clans forum.

As a forum moderator, i do not have the site permissions to mass message or have any control of what happens outside of these forums.
Field Marshal TeeGee

Postby TeeGee on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:08 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:^^^ = good idea.

Also, to clarify about my post on opportunistic strategy, it only takes 2 minutes to make a fake FB account. Start 'sharing' CC and get in the lottery, baby!!!!!
(unless of course they tamp down on this strategy! :D )

I can not endorse or encourage you to breach the rules of another website.
Field Marshal TeeGee

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:20 am

This would require that I learn how to use my Facebook page. I only have it so that if you want me to look at something on yours I can. I would rather pay the $29.99 than spend the time to learn a moving target that I have been told Facebook is.

Market away. I delete lots of stuff every day. I first learned to ignore advertising on the 5" tv screen that went in the big box with tubes. I can ignore this.

Please spend your time making this more friendly to tablets. I still miss several of the things that went away in the last big upgrade.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:56 pm

I still like CC, I'm glad you are trying to get more members! I think that will only imprpve the site! I'm not offended that there is a tab on the webpage... Its one stinking link and it doesn't move ore flash or block my site. Carry on volunteers!
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Trevor33 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Did you ask? Did you ask before starting the competition? Before spamming the forums?

TeeGee wrote:
trevor33 wrote:Thing is you're targeting the wrong place, yes more people read at least one forum than just the general announcements forum but the real question is what percentage of the CC populous actually visit any forum?

As a forum moderator, i do not have the site permissions to mass message or have any control of what happens outside of these forums.
Major Trevor33

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:22 pm

I came here for the PL dick pics
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:21 am

Army of GOD wrote:I came here for the PL dick pics

That lady must have a tummy ache.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

PreviousNext