Conquer Club

Pre-suggestion. Make FF Neutral on Gazala.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Pre-suggestion. Make FF Neutral on Gazala.

Postby Arama86n on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:22 am

Greetings folks.

I really like WWII Gazala, I think it's a fantastic map in many ways. But a fantastic map with a great flaw.
To have a one-region Bonus, which in itself is part of a four-region bonus... and to have that region not be a neutral to begin with.

My suggestion is that Free French Bir Hakiem start as a Neutral 3 (It doesn't necessarily have to be a 3). It would certainly help to balance the map, and change the fact that most non-escalating games on in are just one big brawl for the Cauldron and Free French.
I could see it helping to make the map more viable as a balanced battleground in clan-wars for example.

Changes to the game-play of maps are very rare as I understand it, so it would have to have big support I guess.
I'd love some feedback. Am I missing something? Would I be wasting my time, or would people support the suggestion?
Major Arama86n

Re: Pre-suggestion. Make FF Neutral on Gazala.

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 am

maybe you should post this in the appropriate forum to get appropriate feedback... just a suggestion... in before the move...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:08 pm

No. I like unbalanced maps. Maps with starting neutrals are weaksauce (except Conquest, although I wish I could turn conquest on/off). Next you are going to tell me that Pearl Harbour is a bad map, but it is the best map.

Neutrals are like zombies. Whenever you play with them, you need to be quarantined.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Full agreement. DY's point holds for other maps because with those maps victory has many avenues--e.g. on Pearl harbor. But, the victory on Gazala hinges mainly on FF. That in itself isn't too bad because some people like more luck-based maps, but turning FF into a 2-man neutral would be better.

I still like the emphasis of conflict toward FF because that map forces fun ways of moving fort-chains in order to hit FF, so a 2-man neutral FF would keep the spirit alive. At best, it removes the unfair +2 (or +1) starting bonus.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BoganGod on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:45 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Full agreement. DY's point holds for other maps because with those maps victory has many avenues--e.g. on Pearl harbor. But, the victory on Gazala hinges mainly on FF. That in itself isn't too bad because some people like more luck-based maps, but turning FF into a 2-man neutral would be better.

I still like the emphasis of conflict toward FF because that map forces fun ways of moving fort-chains in order to hit FF, so a 2-man neutral FF would keep the spirit alive. At best, it removes the unfair +2 (or +1) starting bonus.
+1 bbs.
Nice idea Arid baaaaaaaa. Now if you could only work out which forum this should have been posted in.....
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Endgame422 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 am

The brawl for cauldron is historically accurate. But the free French could be neutral and it would still just be a brawl in the middle so I'm good either way really.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:33 am

Endgame422 wrote:The brawl for cauldron is historically accurate. But the free French could be neutral and it would still just be a brawl in the middle so I'm good either way really.

cool... great input.. as head cartographer, i'll go ahead and implement those changes right now!! GREAT THREAD, EVERYONE!!! GREAT IDEAS!!! check for the update in the coming weeks!!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:01 pm

What about Siege then?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 am

BoganGod wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Full agreement. DY's point holds for other maps because with those maps victory has many avenues--e.g. on Pearl harbor. But, the victory on Gazala hinges mainly on FF. That in itself isn't too bad because some people like more luck-based maps, but turning FF into a 2-man neutral would be better.

+1 bbs.
Nice idea Arid baaaaaaaa. Now if you could only work out which forum this should have been posted in.....

+1

Donelladan wrote:What about Siege then?

+1
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 am

Donelladan wrote:What about Siege then?

i have already begun the coding process with the coding elves to implement all of the great suggestions to map changes made within this productive thread!!! changes to Siege should be seen within 2 weeks!! keep up the great suggestions, the cartography team truly appreciates this!!! it isn't often we get input/feedback like this, because we do not have our only sub-forum, as of yet (fingers crossed!!)... thanks CC members!!! thank you!!! i feel as if this sort of positive input and quick changes to the maps can help to stop the great decline and bring back members that have left in the past!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby notyou2 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:07 pm

This thread made me cum.
Captain notyou2

Postby BoganGod on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

notyou2 wrote:This thread made me cum.

Desert, tanks, unwashed soldiers, sand, what is there not to like? Sorry mate, I'll take bondi beach any day.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Armandolas on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:17 am

Agree with that suggestion. Make it neutral, even if its just one.
A team/player who starts with a bonus is allready a big advantage
Colonel Armandolas

Return to Conquer Club Discussion