Conquer Club

territory counter [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby cazmart on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Seriously hecter and Herakilla, no need to asses about it...

No, I am not up to date on the advantages or disadvantages of Firefox. I am smart enough that if you speak to me in an intelligent manner and state that "Firefox is better because....." then i would listen and consider the change. I know BoB is out there and I have contemplated the switch just so I can have it. I just want to know what i am getting into as far as adding this browser.
Sergeant 1st Class cazmart

Postby hecter on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:55 pm

Firefox provides a more safe and secure browsing. It has a built in popup blocker, and is very customizable. You can download many different skins (or themes) to change the look of your Firefox window (I'm using Redshift right now), as well as things such as a Flash Blocker (it blocks any flash that tries to load until I tell it not to), and some CC specific things, such as conquertell.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby cazmart on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Thanks hecter...I will make the switch and download BOB

Done...it even seems faster...thanks again

Have BOB now....too cool....thanks one last time
Sergeant 1st Class cazmart

territory counter / IM blocker

Postby oliverseeley on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:28 am

Hello Conquer Club

2 suggestions you may have heard already.

1) Territory counter next to each player's name. This way you won't have to count them yourself, which one usually does.

2) Prevent IMs between players in the same game. This may stop secret communications between players and prevent secret alliances.

Thanks
Lieutenant oliverseeley

Re: territory counter / IM blocker

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am

oliverseeley wrote:Hello Conquer Club

2 suggestions you may have heard already.

1) Territory counter next to each player's name. This way you won't have to count them yourself, which one usually does.

2) Prevent IMs between players in the same game. This may stop secret communications between players and prevent secret alliances.

Thanks

1) I know this isn't quite as good as having it in the full site - but if you use FF you can download Greasemonkey - and BOB (see my sig) to solve this for you... - if you don't use FF - then it's worth installing it even if you only use it for this site...
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm

1. Is probably already on the to-do list and will happen eventually.
2. Will probably never be implemented. As It would still be easy to get around with other forms of communication and people use the pms and would not want them blocked for other things.

Please thoroughly read the following threads and perform a forum search before making suggestions:
Suggestions Box (Lack's 'To-Do' List)
Suggestion & Bug Report Forms
Map Bug? Plugin Bug?
Captain spiesr

Suggestion: territory counter

Postby moonarus on Mon May 26, 2008 10:02 pm

a territory counter

A small litle territory conter below the map to show who has the most and least territorys
  • for instance: if bob, phill and scott were playing a game and the map had 10 territories (to keep it simple). in th box it would say something like: Bob: 6/10 Phill: 3/10 Scott: 1/10 (in order from greatest to least).

This will improve the following aspect of the site bacause:
  • you could have a quic reference to who is winning and who is losing and by how much.
  • it will be easeier than manually counting the territories.

how'bout it CC? :D
Cook moonarus

Re: Suggestion: territory counter

Postby killmanic on Mon May 26, 2008 10:16 pm

Thats what bob does, go to plug-ins and get bob
Colonel killmanic

Re: Suggestion: territory counter

Postby lancehoch on Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 am

You can also check the game log. It tells you how many territories you have at the start of your turn. From there you can add and subtract for each conquered territory. However this may be impractical on larger maps (World 2.1). The best suggestion is to get BOB, but some people do not like plug-ins and add-ons.
Sergeant lancehoch

Couting countries owned

Postby DaSpitter on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:45 pm

It would be cool if on the maps that are not using "fog of war" if there was a counter on the side that counted territories that people owned to assist in decision making? Is that possible?
Sergeant 1st Class DaSpitter

Re: Couting countries owned

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm

BOB by yeti_c is a plugin that has things like this and more. I highly suggest downloading it.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby gimil on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:50 pm

DaSpitter wrote:It would be cool if on the maps that are not using "fog of war" if there was a counter on the side that counted territories that people owned to assist in decision making? Is that possible?

This currently available with the BOB add-on whichcan be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=33445&start=0

Unfortuantly this is a suggestion for the site, I will move it over to suggestions and bug reports!

[MOVED]
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby The Neon Peon on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Look at the log?

It says it right there... BOB can ONLY read the log and the screen. Can't do anything else but use the info from there.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Re: Territory counter *Pending*

Postby nray on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 am

I'd just like to say that making the game interface better is important. Whether or not BOB fixes some of the problems, having a bad interface scares a lot of potential players off before they could find BOB, and some people don't like to install addons...

It seems like anything that's in BOB or Clickable Maps should be implemented into the real site. Actively because they are very popular, somewhat important interface improvements...

-nray
Corporal 1st Class nray

Postby lackattack on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 pm

FYI - this feature is in active development!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Grifter on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Tell your parents that Firefox is safe. About 25% of people use it to surf the web (according to the latest stats). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers Tell them that it is the successor to Netscape which at one time was the dominant browser (until Microsoft used their dominant position to crush Netscape). Many of the developers from Netscape now work on Firefox.

Greasemonkey is an add-on for Firefox. It allows users/developers to write their own scripts (also called plug-ins) which modify the web pages before you see them. One of those plug-ins is called "BOB" http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=91386 which was written by CC users. BOB will display the stats for all players. Very handy. Also try Clickable Maps and Assault Odds plug-ins.

So to summarize - Greasemonkey is run by Firefox which in turns runs the scripts which modify the web page that displays the games and adds the useful stats that you can use.

If you really want to make your parents head spin then tell them about the Opera, Chrome, and Safari browsers.
Lieutenant Grifter

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions