Conquer Club

Asia Map

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Asia Map

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Why is the Asia map internally labeled as "Far East"? Shouldn't the internal label match the external (in the map list) label? It was very confusing trying to find this map...in fact, I had to post in the Questions and Answers forum to get help in finding it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: Asia Map

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Woodruff wrote:Why is the Asia map internally labeled as "Far East"? Shouldn't the internal label match the external (in the map list) label? It was very confusing trying to find this map...in fact, I had to post in the Questions and Answers forum to get help in finding it.

I've asked lack to consider renaming it to "Asia: Far East", and he declined my request.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Woodruff on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Why is the Asia map internally labeled as "Far East"? Shouldn't the internal label match the external (in the map list) label? It was very confusing trying to find this map...in fact, I had to post in the Questions and Answers forum to get help in finding it.

I've asked lack to consider renaming it to "Asia: Far East", and he declined my request.

What could POSSIBLY be the rationale for not changing the name? Does lack DESIRE confusion on his site? I find this an...alarming position to take.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 am

Well, if the new Asia map gets beta quenched, maybe lack will change it so that the new Asia map can simply be "Asia"? *COUGH* MRBENN *COUGH* viewtopic.php?f=241&t=107241
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:41 am

Seriously...does this mean it isn't going to happen? I really don't understand the logic in not fixing this labeling problem. Do we prefer that our customers are confused?

Return to Foundry Discussions