Conquer Club

[Foe] Put a Maximum Limit on the Foe List

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: scrap the foe list

Postby FredVIII on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 am

how is foeing everyone above a certain rank not abuse?

its just another way of farming!
Brigadier FredVIII

Location: if you call yourself something like the.killing.44, you are probably gay.

Postby owenshooter on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:50 am

can someone please stop jeff from starting another thread on this, and merge them all together? thanks...

limit amount of people that can be foed (jeff hardy)
viewtopic.php?p=1952512#p1952512

foe limit (kyle graves)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83369

scrap the foe list (jeff hardy)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83406

i think it is a horrible idea, and the fact that you are now trying to claim it is a tactic of farming is kind of ridiculous. i don't have anyone on my foe list and i don't use my inbox features either. if you look at who started the above three threads, you can see why a large number of people may have you on their foe lists. i am not saying i agree, and i actually get along quite well with jeff hardy. i'm just saying that dictating how many and who a member may or may not put on their foe list is censorship. i don't use mine!!! should they make me have to put someone on it? and what about the people that have members on foe simply for reasons that exist within the forums and have nothing to do with the games? people have various and vast reasons to put people on their foe list, and there is no way anyone should be able to dictate who and how you put on your foe list.-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby FredVIII on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:53 am

only once have i tried to join a game and not been able to because i was foed for having a different account and even then i had just given the player a beating so his real reasons were questionable.

this suggestion is because there are colonels, brigs and even a general that foe everyone thats better than them or above a certain rank so they can have easy wins and gain points, foe list ruins the point system.
Brigadier FredVIII

Location: if you call yourself something like the.killing.44, you are probably gay.

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Agreed, i don't see any reason to scrap the foe list.
Lieutenant ubersky

Re: foe limit

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 am

I don't see how the foe list can be abused really. If someone puts anyone they lose to on a foe list, is that someone you want to play with anyway?
Lieutenant ubersky

Re: limit amount of people that can be foed

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 am

Agreed for the 3rd time, there doesn't seem to be any real way to abuse the foe list as it stands.
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am

AAFitz wrote:the problem isnt the unlimited foe amount, that is necessary for all the reasons listed above.

Exactly. As I mentioned above, those players are only hurting themselves, not anyone else on the site. If someone DOES believe they're being "hurt" by Klobber (to just use his current antics as an example) or some-such, then I would suggest that they really need to start playing this as a game and not as seriously as they would appear to be.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: limit amount of people that can be foed

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 am

FredVIII wrote:Concise description:
  • a player can only have 10 foes

Specifics:
  • lots of people foe everyone above a certain rank or everyone who beats them
  • this way people can only put people they really dont want in their games on foe list and cant abuse it

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • less foe list abuse

There are different types of abuse. You speak of abuse in regard to Klobber's antics, and I certainly agree that is abuse. However, I would also argue that he's really only hurting himself.

Yet I speak of an entirely different type of abuse (abusive language), which is just as clearly abuse.

Here's the key to the whole issue for me:

With my ability to foe as many as I want: Someone else's abusive behavior is not my problem.
Without my ability to do so: Someone else's abusive behavior is now my problem.

Frankly, the foe system is seriously broken (I can accidentally join the game of someone I have foe'd?!?!?!?!). However, it at least keeps this site tolerable with my ability to largely avoid those who believe they have the right to abuse people in any way they'd like.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 am

FredVIII wrote:how is foeing everyone above a certain rank not abuse?

its just another way of farming!

Actually, per the response to the e-ticket I filed regarding someone we all know well, this is NOT considered farming.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:33 am

FredVIII wrote:only once have i tried to join a game and not been able to because i was foed for having a different account and even then i had just given the player a beating so his real reasons were questionable.

this suggestion is because there are colonels, brigs and even a general that foe everyone thats better than them or above a certain rank so they can have easy wins and gain points, foe list ruins the point system.

I gotta be honest..."the point system" is far less important than "enjoyment of the game itself". Without the foe list, my enjoyment of the game itself is ruined thanks to the large number of asshats on this site. I'm quite certain I'm not alone in that.

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:40 am

You are not alone. I too loathe the asshats.
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby demonfork on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 am

FredVIII wrote:only once have i tried to join a game and not been able to because i was foed for having a different account and even then i had just given the player a beating so his real reasons were questionable.

Pretty funny (and I'm sure that Jeff/Fred will deny this) the game that Jeff is talking about is this one Game 4606228

In this game Jeff, playing on his brothers account, joined my game. I immediately placed both Matt & Fred on my foe list (it was during this game that It was made known to me that Fred was Jeff's multi).

Keep in mind, I placed "Matt" on my foe list during the game not after he beat me.

It's a rule in my clan that clan mates do not join games against other clan mates unless they ask first. (Matt is in my clan)

One of the reasons why I knew it was Jeff playing on his brothers account is the fact that he did not ask to join my game, in the past Matt always asked first.

2nd, Matt and Jeff's playing styles are very different, I knew it was Jeff form this alone.

3rd, Jeff has a major issue with constantly trying to prove that he is a better player than whoever.

A day or 2 before this game, Jeff tried to get me to play a 10 game series against him (playing on his brothers account) to try and prove who is the better player.

I turned Jeff down for 3 reasons

1. I did not want to play a 10 game series against a player of half my rank (if I won 70% of the games I would still lose points)
2. I don't care to waste time to prove who is the "better player" it makes no difference to me.
3. I did not want to knowingly play against a another player that was playing on another players account.

It's pretty obvious that Jeff is trying to imply that I am the general that he is referring to above.

For the record, I have exactly 6 players on my foe list, 2 of them are Matt Hardy and FredVIII.

That said, If I wanted to have 100 players on my foe list it should be my prerogative, therefore I am 100% against this lame idea.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby FredVIII on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 am

thats one big lot of irrelevant bullshit there demonfork but fyi:

i chatted on my account while my brother made moves, i cannot chat and attack something in the same second

maybe you should admit that you were bested by my brother and stop your whining/making excuses
Brigadier FredVIII

Postby demonfork on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 pm

FredVIII wrote:lol i chatted on my account while my brother made moves, i cannot chat and attack something in the same second

Maybe your brother chatted on your account while you made moves.

maybe you should admit that you were bested by my brother and stop your whining/making excuses

Whats there to admit? It's quite obvious that I lost the game, any moron could see that.

For whatever reason the logic behind why you and "Matt" were foed escapes you.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby FredVIII on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:03 pm

this thread is not about you but about the foe list. stop derailing. if you do not like the idea then say so and why dont invent random stuff about others and post a game that you lost in.
Brigadier FredVIII

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I don't think the foe list is being abused. I think you guys need to work out your problems, and not start flame threads in here.
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:44 pm

FredVIII wrote:this thread is not about you but about the foe list. stop derailing. if you do not like the idea then say so and why dont invent random stuff about others and post a game that you lost in.

Speaking of which, did you have a response to my thoughts on the issue, or did you just plan to ignore them?

Re: scrap the foe list [Rejected]

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 pm

People have to have a way to block rude/unliked people from their games. There is no way the foe list will be scraped.
Major Night Strike

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Timminz wrote:I have just foe'd everyone who has posted in this thread.

not me i looked and can post on your wall :lol:
Major redhawk92

Postby Timminz on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:

not me i looked and can post on your wall :lol:

:-$
Captain Timminz

Re: scrap the foe list [Rejected]

Postby FredVIII on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm

fair enough.
Brigadier FredVIII

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Who are you?
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby sailorseal on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:21 pm

I can't see this ever getting implemented, it just stops far so little abuse while it makes to many things more difficult
Cook sailorseal

Postby Timminz on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm

ubersky wrote:

Who are you?

Just some dude on the internet. What does that have to do with this thread?
Captain Timminz

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:24 pm

I want to be able to know, at a glance, who's foe'd me. And I think that reasons should be given. And permission sought out, from me, before the action can be implemented. Just to help me further track who's lists I've made.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions