Conquer Club

How-to find map discussion threads

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How-to find map discussion threads

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Recently I saw a person who identified an error on a map post, "Can’t find a thread about this map anywhere but" which has again reminded me that people have trouble finding the discussion threads for maps. Time for a helpful "how-to" article.

First, a caveat: Every map has a discussion thread. The mapmakers maintain these, but over the years (CC is getting close to 12 years old now) most of the mapmakers have moved on, so many of these threads are no longer frequently checked. Various people do check on them, but not every day or even every week. So, if you identify a problem with a map, post it. Just be aware that you may not get a prompt response. If it's an urgent matter, you could send a private message to the Foundry Foreman or some other mod, but very few map issues are time-sensitive. Post it and be patient.

All maps that are Quenched (meaning they are out of Beta and in to full circulation) have a discussion thread in THE ATLAS. The Atlas isn't sorted in any unique way. Just like other fora, the most recent discussions are at the top, so if the map you are concerned with hasn't been discussed recently, is at the bottom, and it may take a while to find. You can enjoy the slow browse (a lot to be learned along the way) or you can use one of the following shortcuts:

The first is to use the MAPS PAGE. There's a link to it at the very top of the CC screen, or you can use the link from this article. The Maps Page has little thumbnail images of all the maps. Click on a thumbnail and it opens up a larger image of the map, along with a links to the Discussion Page and the Strategy Page for the maps. The Strategy Page links are currently broken, so disregard them for now, but the links to the Discussion Pages work.

But the very, very easiest (yes, I saved the best for last!) way to get to the maps discussion page is to go from a game. If you load up a game on the map in question, open up the Map Panel, and there's a little icon that looks like a small black flat-screen monitor sitting in front of a big white flat-screen monitor. Yes, I know it's not a very intuitive icon, but life goes on. Mouse over that icon, you'll see the mouse tip says "Map Discussion". Clicking that link, my friends, is the very easiest way to get to the Map Discussion thread for the map.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Conquer Club Discussion