Conquer Club

The Big Day Out 2008

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Big Day Out 2008

Postby KiwiTaker on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Did anyone else go or is going to the Big Day Out 2008. I went yesterday to the Auckland one and it was awesome. Rage Against the Machine kicks butt. :D
Vintage Mythology
Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori
Sergeant KiwiTaker

Postby suggs on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Whoah slow down there...were RAGE playing this year?!
There is a God.
I've always said so.

"Eurocentric, everylast one of 'em..."
Last edited by suggs on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norse wrote:But, alas, you are all cock munching rent boys, with an IQ that would make my local spaco clinic blush.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby wicked on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:56 pm

You're coming out? :shock:
Major wicked

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:45 pm

no massive music festival in aus and nz
like vans warped tour but bigger
anywya rage were headlining.
adelaide one is on 2nd feb..im there. wouldnt miss rage for anything.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby suggs on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Class. I heard rumours they might tour Europe and the UK. This bodes well.
From what I've heard, they may be the greatest live band ever.
Certainly i have big regrets about not seeing them in the nineties.

"There used to be a library there, its a mind cemetry now.."
Norse wrote:But, alas, you are all cock munching rent boys, with an IQ that would make my local spaco clinic blush.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 pm

suggs wrote:Class. I heard rumours they might tour Europe and the UK. This bodes well.
From what I've heard, they may be the greatest live band ever.
Certainly i have big regrets about not seeing them in the nineties.

"There used to be a library there, its a mind cemetry now.."

yer i heard that rumour too...they have played a few secret shows in us...but yer..i am pumped. imo top 4 live bands of my life time
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby radiojake on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 am

It would've been good to see Rage Against The Machine maybe 10 years ago before they broke up, and before Tom Morello became an absolute wanker and started Audioslave.

The fact that Anti-Flag is playing their two sold out side shows (which sold out in 3 mins the morning they went on sale, $100 tickets there) is even more disgusting.

Big Day Out crowds are the worst, haven't been for a couple of years now, might try to sneak in if nothing is happening that day, but I can guarantee that the mosh pit at the BDO for RATM will be pretty much a disgusting macho fest. 'f*ck You, I Won't Do What You Tell Me' - Ironic seeing as most there paid through there noses to buy the tickets, probably wouldn't even know what the song is actually about.

Nothing worse that a band breaking up then doing reunion tours. I wonder how much money they got put under their noses to do this tour.
-- share what ya got --
Lieutenant radiojake

Postby browng-08 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:56 am

radiojake wrote:It would've been good to see Rage Against The Machine maybe 10 years ago before they broke up, and before Tom Morello became an absolute wanker and started Audioslave.

I agree with your assessment of Audioslave but what about the Nightwatchmen? I like...
Corporal browng-08

Postby got tonkaed on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 am

radiojake wrote:It would've been good to see Rage Against The Machine maybe 10 years ago before they broke up, and before Tom Morello became an absolute wanker and started Audioslave.

The fact that Anti-Flag is playing their two sold out side shows (which sold out in 3 mins the morning they went on sale, $100 tickets there) is even more disgusting.

Big Day Out crowds are the worst, haven't been for a couple of years now, might try to sneak in if nothing is happening that day, but I can guarantee that the mosh pit at the BDO for RATM will be pretty much a disgusting macho fest. 'f*ck You, I Won't Do What You Tell Me' - Ironic seeing as most there paid through there noses to buy the tickets, probably wouldn't even know what the song is actually about.

Nothing worse that a band breaking up then doing reunion tours. I wonder how much money they got put under their noses to do this tour.

its one of the neat ironies of nearly every subculture that those who have longer ties to a particular activity always feel like the people who embrace it by the time its consumer culture, believe the new users are unable to appreciate it in the same way they once did.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby browng-08 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 am

got tonkaed wrote:

Big Day Out crowds are the worst, haven't been for a couple of years now, might try to sneak in if nothing is happening that day, but I can guarantee that the mosh pit at the BDO for RATM will be pretty much a disgusting macho fest. 'F*ck You, I Won't Do What You Tell Me' - Ironic seeing as most there paid through there noses to buy the tickets, probably wouldn't even know what the song is actually about.

its one of the neat ironies of nearly every subculture that those who have longer ties to a particular activity always feel like the people who embrace it by the time its consumer culture, believe the new users are unable to appreciate it in the same way they once did.
QFT! Another neat irony is that every subculture that sets out to abandon the standards and rules of society only manage to replace the rules requirements with their own. ("Don't be a slave to society! f*ck the GAP! Now go out and buy a uniformized Che t-shirt and leather jacket to show your individuality!") They never manage to apply their "Question authority, Question everything!" mottos to their own culture> THAT's what allows mainstream culture to absorb subcultures so effectively: they never break off.
Corporal browng-08

Postby KiwiTaker on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:28 am

It wasn't that expensive only blew 100 bucks on the ticket and 95 bucks on merchandise.
Vintage Mythology
Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori
Sergeant KiwiTaker

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:31 am

I would only go to BDO to see Brand New. Too bad I won't go.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,