Conquer Club

Ron Paul on Principal

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Napoleon Ier on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:05 pm

luns101 wrote:
suggs wrote:Why is everyone so obsessed by Ron Paul on this site :?

I have a theory, but it's only that. This election is beginning to shape up like the 1996 election as far as the Republicans are concerned. There is an enthusiasm on the part of the Democrats. Republicans want someone who speaks to conservative principles and honestly believes in them without just paying "lip service" to them.

Ron Paul has been the most vocal against Hillary Clinton in the debates. He speaks more passionately than any other Republican candidate that I've seen. He absolutely does not back down from any challenge. When you see that kind of determination, it's hard not to admire it (even though I don't support him). The other Republican candidates seem to back down when challenged to defend their conservative views. So in the absence of a truly conservative candidate, Paul fills the void that many are looking for in an opposition candidate to Hillary.

Many who support Ron Paul are libertarian. They're a whole different kind of animal than we conservatives. :wink: Quite frankly, they are more dedicated to their principles. Traditionally, liberals & conservatives are more practical at compromising part of their ideology than libertarians in order to achieve legislation getting passed. This is one reason why I believe they don't get elected to office. But it's just my opinion, suggs.

Well luns, there's quite a market out there for libertarians I think. Libertarianism and traditional Republicanism are closely linked....all that's needed is a specialized brand of it and suitable candidate. It's like Milton Friedman said, "I'm a libertarian small "l", and Republican capital "R" for the sake of expendiency".
Why are libertarians and republicans so different?
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby Neutrino on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Napoleon Ier wrote:You're right there. I just am angered when people say "it waz teh leik racizm slaveryz1111", when something was genuinly noble about the cause some Southerners fought in. Robert E. Lee is one of my heroes.

This has made me question your sanity all over again. Killing and getting killed tens of thousands of people, purely for the love of one's state is a noble thing? Is doing the same purely for the love of one's ethnic group also a worthy cause?
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Guiscard on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm

luns101 wrote:
suggs wrote:Why is everyone so obsessed by Ron Paul on this site :?

I have a theory, but it's only that. This election is beginning to shape up like the 1996 election as far as the Republicans are concerned. There is an enthusiasm on the part of the Democrats. Republicans want someone who speaks to conservative principles and honestly believes in them without just paying "lip service" to them.

Ron Paul has been the most vocal against Hillary Clinton in the debates. He speaks more passionately than any other Republican candidate that I've seen. He absolutely does not back down from any challenge. When you see that kind of determination, it's hard not to admire it (even though I don't support him). The other Republican candidates seem to back down when challenged to defend their conservative views. So in the absence of a truly conservative candidate, Paul fills the void that many are looking for in an opposition candidate to Hillary.

Many who support Ron Paul are libertarian. They're a whole different kind of animal than we conservatives. :wink: Quite frankly, they are more dedicated to their principles. Traditionally, liberals & conservatives are more practical at compromising part of their ideology than libertarians in order to achieve legislation getting passed. This is one reason why I believe they don't get elected to office. But it's just my opinion, suggs.

I have a theory too. You know when you drop a snowball at the top of a mountain it builds up whilst it rolls into a massive snow-boulder, possibly containing scooby-do, shaggy and the janitor dressed up as a yeti? Well the internetz make those snowballs seem a lot bigger than they are outside.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby luns101 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Napoleon Ier wrote:Why are libertarians and republicans so different?

Conservatives basically want the government to have a "hands-off" approach to economic policy and favor a free market economy. They do want the govt. to be involved when it comes to "conserving" or protecting traditional social values that come from the Judeo-Christian/Greek principles. (That's why you hear them talk about absolute values or family values a lot).

Liberals want the government to be heavily involved when it comes to economic policy. They want to be "liberated" from the traditional social policies that come from the Judeo-Christian/Greek principles. They see values as not being permanent but as shifting and relative. (That's why you hear them say the Constitution is a 'living, breathing' document).

So where do libertarians fit into all this?...they usually agree with conservatives when it comes to the economy. I wouldn't say they necessarily endorse the liberal position when it comes to social policy, but they do favor a "hands-off" approach. The think that people can use common sense when it comes to morals & that it's a waste of time to try to legislate it. So they tend to migrate towards the Republicans a little more than the Democrats.

That's why there will almost always be this libertarian element in the Republican Party for the time-being...and it especially makes itself known during the primaries.

Guiscard wrote:I have a theory too. You know when you drop a snowball at the top of a mountain it builds up whilst it rolls into a massive snow-boulder, possibly containing scooby-do, shaggy and the janitor dressed up as a yeti? Well the internetz make those snowballs seem a lot bigger than they are outside.

...and they could have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for those meddling kids! :D
Major luns101

Postby Guiscard on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Neutrino wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:You're right there. I just am angered when people say "it waz teh leik racizm slaveryz1111", when something was genuinly noble about the cause some Southerners fought in. Robert E. Lee is one of my heroes.

This has made me question your sanity all over again. Killing and getting killed tens of thousands of people, purely for the love of one's state is a noble thing? Is doing the same purely for the love of one's ethnic group also a worthy cause?

This is Nappy we're talking about, right?

There's no question over his sanity. He quite blatantly has none.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby silvanricky on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:45 am

DaGip wrote:
silvanricky wrote:Since he has no chance of winning I will make you a deal DaGip. If I vote for him will you promise to go away forever? I think that's fair.

Are you wishing me death, sir? :(

I wouldn't go that far but I've about had enough of all this Ron Paul bullshit. I'm willing to go the extra mile in order to silence any support for him here.
Corporal silvanricky

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,