Conquer Club

February 2020 Monthly Challenge - Febenario 2020

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

February 2020 Monthly Challenge - Febenario 2020

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for February 2020
Brought to you by the Community Team

Febenario 2020

Click Here to Join Bronze Games - Siege Trench Challenge (4 players)

Click Here to Join Silver Games - Balanced 6 Player Esc (6 players)

Click Here to Join Gold Games - Poker Club 12p (12 players)

The process to join a scenario game is different from joining a standard game. The above links will take you to the scenarios we are using for this month's challenge. You can request to start as many scenario games as you would like at a time. These waiting games can be viewed under the "Requests" tab on your central command page. Once there are enough players in the queue, the game will start.

February SCOREBOARD

No Sign-Ups Required

Medal Criteria
Tokens are for WINS only.
20 POINTS are required for a medal and at least TWO DIFFERENT TOKENS.

Each BRONZE Token is worth 2 point - Siege Trench Challenge
Each SILVER Token is worth 3 points - Balanced 6 Player Esc
Each GOLD Token is worth 6 points - Poker Club 12p

Notes
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Re: February 2020 Monthly Challenge - Febenario 2020

Postby 8LimbWorrior on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:30 pm

what is the time allocation for a round? looks like these are speed games
Major 8LimbWorrior

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:12 pm

8LimbWorrior wrote:what is the time allocation for a round? looks like these are speed games

They are all 24 hour games.
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:13 pm

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.

Site Event Medals are awarded to the top three finishers on the challenge scoreboard.
1st: Image
2nd: Image
3rd: Image

In addition to the medals, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM groovysmurf.

Last Updated: November 2018
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby b00060 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:24 pm

joining these games is impossible
Major b00060

Postby Mad777 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:02 pm

b00060 wrote:joining these games is impossible

why? you get in the queue and when it’s full it’s start...
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Bwana on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:43 pm

No Mad777 the games go into the queue and never start and after a while disappear from the queue.
Captain Bwana

Postby Mad777 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Bwana wrote:No Mad777 the games go into the queue and never start and after a while disappear from the queue.

i was in the queue in +15 games and those all started...not sure why it doesn’t work for you all.
Captain Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:18 pm

I joined one of each. The bronze game started immediately. I'll report back about the silver and gold if they start successfully.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby groovysmurf on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 pm

It seems to be working fine for me for all three. I thought perhaps it was logging out that took you off the list so I did that, but it didn't change my requests. Keep trying to join and let us know if you continue having issues.
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Bwana on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:00 pm

groovysmurf wrote:It seems to be working fine for me for all three. I thought perhaps it was logging out that took you off the list so I did that, but it didn't change my requests. Keep trying to join and let us know if you continue having issues.

Here's a little more insight into what I am experiencing. I attempted to start several games last night. Two bronze games started immediately, the others remained in the queue and this morning the queue was empty with no further games starting. Today, while in Central command under Requests tab, I have up to 7 games at once in the queue . As I monitor the tab, once in a while a pop up will appear saying my game has started. When I click ok, a game screen opens with an active game that has just started, but I am not in the game. The game subsequently drops from my queue. I hope this helps.

-Bwana
Captain Bwana

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Bwana wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:It seems to be working fine for me for all three. I thought perhaps it was logging out that took you off the list so I did that, but it didn't change my requests. Keep trying to join and let us know if you continue having issues.

Here's a little more insight into what I am experiencing. I attempted to start several games last night. Two bronze games started immediately, the others remained in the queue and this morning the queue was empty with no further games starting. Today, while in Central command under Requests tab, I have up to 7 games at once in the queue . As I monitor the tab, once in a while a pop up will appear saying my game has started. When I click ok, a game screen opens with an active game that has just started, but I am not in the game. The game subsequently drops from my queue. I hope this helps.

-Bwana

Can you try joining just one at a time and see if that makes a difference?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Bwana on Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:12 am

OK I will try. Have one Classic game pending. I will let you know, One thing, I have had 2 more Siege games start but the other two only do as described above.
Captain Bwana

Postby Mad777 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:16 am

Bwana wrote:OK I will try. Have one Classic game pending. I will let you know, One thing, I have had 2 more Siege games start but the other two only do as described above.

i remember it took few days for classic and couple of days more for the Poker to start
Captain Mad777

Postby Bwana on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:09 am

I can only get Siege games to start. The others never fill and drop from my request tab. Can someone please look into this?

Bwana
Captain Bwana

Postby yvesyves on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:05 pm

By curiosity, I've been observing that request game doesn't give points win or loose . Is it normal. Thanks.
Major yvesyves

Postby Mad777 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 pm

yvesyves wrote:By curiosity, I've been observing that request game doesn't give points win or loose . Is it normal. Thanks.

yes because this month the challenge use “Scenario” game, scenario do not have point system ;)
Captain Mad777

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 am

-------------DeJa Vu... :( Code_RED... :( All over again... see Feb.Chall.2016........Well ,Hope this Febenarino turns out differently.....Battle on Brave Warriors... Charge :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ....REBEL YELL :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ..... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby morleyjoe on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am

Mad777 wrote:
yvesyves wrote:By curiosity, I've been observing that request game doesn't give points win or loose . Is it normal. Thanks.

yes because this month the challenge use “Scenario” game, scenario do not have point system ;)

Why is that? I won two games, thinking my points would take a nice jump, and nothing....I've never played scenarios before, so did not realize this. Why would it be that way? Not impressed....
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 am

morleyjoe wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Why is that? I won two games, thinking my points would take a nice jump, and nothing....I've never played scenarios before, so did not realize this. Why would it be that way? Not impressed....

--------It has always been this way..I think when they were set up....They were made like Bot Games...Like Spring Training in Baseball...or preseason NFL football.....Jusr for Fun ...Learning,or practice....Or how countries used to have war games with each other....The U.S. and Japan used to have practice scenarios/War games in the mid-1930's...Ouch..You think we would have seen Pearl Harbor coming..After FDR...cut oil sales to Japan...In The Late 1930's... :D O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:57 pm

morleyjoe wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

All maps on CC are carefully play-balanced so that everyone has a (mostly) equal chance.

Scenario games are not play balanced. They exist to explore various interesting "what if" situations. Often they are wildly unbalanced and give huge first-player advantage. Therefore, they cannot be for points.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby shoop76 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:44 am

Someone should have put a round limit on those poker games. Thinking these will take a while.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:21 am

shoop76 wrote:Someone should have put a round limit on those poker games. Thinking these will take a while.

------I know...But everything is O.K...We get an extra day... It's Leap Year :!: =D> =D> =D> ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby Mad777 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am

probably only few may end on March 31...scoreboard won't change much I'm guessing
Captain Mad777

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 pm

-----------OH :!: YEAH :!: ...broke the century mark...101.... :D =D> =D> =D> ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges