Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Football (real)

Postby DAZMCFC on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 am

right with the football season starting tomorrow in england. i thought that everyone around the world could post how their teams are getting on. also who you support no matter what division they are in and what country. if it`s the spanish 3rd division get posting that aswell.

if you think your team are going to do well this season, put that down. also how much money spent and who they`ve bought and i you think how good they will do (the new players that is).

as a Man City fan, my expectations of this year are quite high. with our dodgy ex-primeminister of thailand now in control with all his dodgy money :roll: . we`ve spent around 40 odd million on 8 players at the moment. more to come hopefully. :lol:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Phobia on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 am

As a Sheffield Wednesday fan, my expectations are high this season. After a great end to the season (was it 15 games or so unbeaten?) and some good signings over the summer (Grant, Hinds, Burch, Watson, and now Jeffers), I'm really looking forward to it! Bring on Ipswich tomorrow! :)
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby Phobia on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 am

Oh, we are cheapskates so we have spent no more than 1 million! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby Norse on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:04 am

As A portsmouth fan, I expect a top 10 finish, maybe if we are lucky a european spot.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby AlgyTaylor on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:04 am

Aston Villa - quite hopeful; don't think we'll be threatening the engravers this season, but I like the way Martin O'Neill's been playing it. I'd rather have 2 signings who are going to be great players for the club - Reo-coker and Harewood - than 6 new (below) average signings (see David O'Leary's transfer policy).

Reo-Coker I think will be a brilliant signing, most optimistic I've been about a Villa signing for a long time now, maybe Mark Draper was the last one that I thought we'd really done well to sign. Harewood I think will be a decent striker provided MON can get a bit of confidence in him. But at the end of the day, even if he's just a backup for Carew that'll do.

Knighton Town - Think it'll be a season of consolidation in the Spar Mid Wales Premier. Gary Cooper's stepped up from manager to chairman and has been showing a fair bit of ambition - but ambition twinned with realism. No point in trying to emulate Rhayader, only to fall to the same fate as they did (Welsh Premier to being folded in what - 2 years?). The new manager from Church Stretton also seems like the man to take the club forward playing wise, although of course only time will tell.

For KTFC, I'd say another mid-table finish this season and a good run in the Radnorshire Cup. 8)
Corporal AlgyTaylor

Postby AlgyTaylor on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 am

Hearts - more circus antics. :(
Corporal AlgyTaylor

Postby sam_levi_11 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:29 am

arsenal- looking forward to another seasonless trophy :cry: but iv seen us against inter and psg and we looked on fire from second half of psg and all of inter match. maybe we might win the caling cup or maybe fa cup.

atletico madrid- we lost torres :cry: :cry: :cry: but we have brung in diego forlan who is regularly scoring goals in la liga. also simao who was hunted by liverpool, valencia, sevilla, milan, inter....lius garcia also joined. this will add to players like maxi rodriguez, aguero, pablo, lopez, costinha and more. we have abbiati on loan as well from milan. its looking good. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby dustn64 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:32 am

are you all talking about soccer?
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Postby sam_levi_11 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 am

yes....hence why ANYONE OUTSIDE OF AMERICA is talking. beleive me- nowhere outside the north americas is your football(the one played using less feet than what u refuse to call football) played by even 1% of the country. australia has australian rules footy but thats as close as it gets
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby misterman10 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:38 am

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:52 am

As an across the pond Liverpool fan, I'm hoping the acquisition of Torres will end the carousel that the Reds have been running up front.

Of course, my summer team, D.C., is looking to make the final push for the title, so I'm paying a bit more attention to them at the moment.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby Ronaldinho on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:54 am

Manchester United Fan here

Tevez is a new manchester united player :)

we have also bought Nani & Anderson (the new Ronaldo and Ronaldinho) :D

We are going to cruise the league and dominate europe, look out world United are going to be doing the "99" season once again 8) 8) 8) 8) :D
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby Iz Man on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 am

Perhaps the riots could be kept to a minimum this year?
8)
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 am

"Real" football involves full body contact. Men play American football and boys play soccer. :P

GO DOLPHINS!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby misterman10 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:33 am

jay_a2j wrote:"Real" football involves full body contact. Men play American football and boys play soccer. :P

GO DOLPHINS!

"Real" football involves using your feet

jay_a2j = ignorant dumbshit :D

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby comic boy on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:39 am

jay_a2j wrote:"Real" football involves full body contact. Men play American football and boys play soccer. :P

GO DOLPHINS!

A better analogy would be men play rugby and boys wear padding :D
Brigadier comic boy

Postby comic boy on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:43 am

Anyway back to football and as a hammers fan I hope we can put last seasons tribulations behind us and attract headlines for the right reasons.
I think our squad is good enough for a top 10 finish and with a bit of luck we might get a European place,at least we dont have to sell all our academy players anymore :D
Brigadier comic boy

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 am

misterman10 wrote:

GO DOLPHINS!

"Real" football involves using your feet

jay_a2j = ignorant dumbshit :D

and what part of the body do they run around the field with? Or kick field goals? Or punt the ball? Their FEET!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby DAZMCFC on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 am

sam_levi_11 wrote:arsenal- looking forward to another seasonless trophy :cry: but iv seen us against inter and psg and we looked on fire from second half of psg and all of inter match. maybe we might win the caling cup or maybe fa cup.

atletico madrid- we lost torres :cry: :cry: :cry: but we have brung in diego forlan who is regularly scoring goals in la liga. also simao who was hunted by liverpool, valencia, sevilla, milan, inter....lius garcia also joined. this will add to players like maxi rodriguez, aguero, pablo, lopez, costinha and more. we have abbiati on loan as well from milan. its looking good. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME

diego forskin. he was shit for munich. you have a few decent players there though. maxi rodrigeuz play really well in the world cup.

i`m looking forwards to seeing Martin Petrov and Elano, out of the 8 we`ve bought so far. not forgetting Rolando Bianchi, he can`t be that bad if he scored 18 goals in serie A.
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby chessplaya on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:08 pm

defo. the champs ... non other then the Manchester United

all hail and bow to king Christiano Ronaldo !
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:27 pm

Christiano Ronaldo did look good against Roma, but he's still an incessant whiner, and much too soft to be king of anything.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby Ronaldinho on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm

MR. Nate wrote:Christiano Ronaldo did look good against Roma, but he's still an incessant whiner, and much too soft to be king of anything.

I beg to differ, Henry is outta the premiership now, he's got no compation for Best player in the League, although i can't wait to see Stevie G have another punch at some1 LMFAO anyone else see that in their pre season?
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby nagerous on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:12 pm

Spurs fan here :D *waits for flaming*
Captain nagerous

Postby MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Ronaldinho wrote:I beg to differ, Henry is outta the premiership now, he's got no compation for Best player in the League, although i can't wait to see Stevie G have another punch at some1 LMFAO anyone else see that in their pre season?

I'm not going to argue that he is not the most technically gifted player in the league, but there's a lot more that goes into being the best. I don't think he's got the guts to carry the team himself, or the toughness to improve the players around him. However, at Man U. it doesn't matter because they've got lots of tough guys around him. But on another team, he would just get pushed around because he's soft.

And it wasn't much of a punch, it was more a hard push to the face, a facewash, but it displays exactly what I'm talking about.

nagerous wrote:Spurs fan here :D
*waits for flaming*
Why would anyone waste breath flaming a spurs fan?
Last edited by MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby misterman10 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:35 pm

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

BARCELONA!

Unstoppable with Henry baby

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,