\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.
Moderator: Community Team
InkL0sed
Posts: 2370 Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:06 pm
Gender: Male
Location: underwater
Contact:
Post
by InkL0sed » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:02 pm
This is even more random than usual.
suggs
Posts: 4015 Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: At the end of the beginning...
Post
by suggs » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:03 pm
ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIMES.
For anyone thats never heard it, go and listen to "Comfortably Numb" and be BLOWN AWAY, particularly by the guitar solo.
Legends.
Norse wrote:
But, alas, you are all cock munching rent boys, with an IQ that would make my local spaco clinic blush.
brooksieb
Posts: 1060 Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm
Post
by brooksieb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 pm
suggs wrote: ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIMES.
For anyone thats never heard it, go and listen to "Comfortably Numb" and be BLOWN AWAY, particularly by the guitar solo.
Legends.
yer alot of there songs have a meaning and a story behind em....unlike this rap crap
oggiss
Posts: 1607 Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:43 am
Location: Sweden - Probably the best country in the world
Post
by oggiss » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:07 pm
They suck :/
Record - 3582 p rank - 6 General
brooksieb
Posts: 1060 Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm
Post
by brooksieb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:08 pm
oggiss wrote: They suck :/
that means u havnt lived life yet
suggs
Posts: 4015 Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: At the end of the beginning...
Post
by suggs » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:10 pm
brooksieb wrote: oggiss wrote: They suck :/
that means u havnt lived life yet
100% with Brooksieb yet-listen to "Wish You Were Here", and try and tell me you don't feel something inside go "twang-god that was a great song".
comic boy
Posts: 1738 Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: London
Post
by comic boy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Great band
Just as they were last time the subject was raised and the time before and the time before that........
Im a TOFU miSfit
InkL0sed
Posts: 2370 Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:06 pm
Gender: Male
Location: underwater
Contact:
Post
by InkL0sed » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:18 pm
comic boy wrote: Great band
Just as they were last time the subject was raised and the time before and the time before that........
Really? I thought this thread was rather original in its... ah... never mind...
static_ice
Posts: 9174 Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
Post
by static_ice » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 pm
No listen to Dogs and and be blown away.
R.I.P. Chef
mandyb
Posts: 964 Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 am
Post
by mandyb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:48 pm
It's a good thread brooksie! And don't you let them tell you any different!
can never have too much Pink Floyd
I love 'em
suggs
Posts: 4015 Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: At the end of the beginning...
Post
by suggs » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:51 pm
static_ice wrote: No listen to Dogs and and be blown away.
Great, great choice you winner.
Who was found dead on the phone...
johnnyrotten
Posts: 2883 Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Poole, England
Post
by johnnyrotten » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:45 pm
oggiss wrote: They suck :/
You suck ¬_¬
DeCaptain
Posts: 202 Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: Minnesota
Post
by DeCaptain » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:58 pm
suggs wrote: static_ice wrote: No listen to Dogs and and be blown away.
Great, great choice you winner.
Who was found dead on the phone...
I'm listening to Any Colour You Like right now and I have to say that I AM blown away.
muy_thaiguy
Posts: 12746 Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Back in Black
Contact:
Post
by muy_thaiguy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:23 pm
oggiss wrote: They suck :/
I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck, but I just don't like their style of music. All I hear is "well it calms you down," but I listen to Country music to do that, so, yeah. Don't like em to much.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous
What, you expected something deep or flashy?
OnlyAmbrose
Posts: 1797 Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:53 pm
Post
by OnlyAmbrose » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:26 pm
brooksieb wrote: like em or hate em
Somewhere in between. The lyrics are interesting, and the instrumentals are good, but psychadelic just isn't my kind of music, except at certain times. I'd probably like them more if I was into drugs...
My list of "good songs" by pink floyd is basically the whole Animals album (especially Dogs and Sheep), "Time", and "Hey You."
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
static_ice
Posts: 9174 Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am
Post
by static_ice » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 pm
muy_thaiguy wrote: oggiss wrote: They suck :/
I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck, but I just don't like their style of music. All I hear is "well it calms you down," but I listen to Country music to do that, so, yeah. Don't like em to much.
It does much more than calm you down. These guys make some of the most conceptual music ever.
Not to try and convert you, we've had this discussion before.
R.I.P. Chef
Iz Man
Posts: 788 Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Western Mass
Contact:
Post
by Iz Man » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:35 pm
I seen Floyd twice.
The #1 & #2 shows I've ever been to.
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
d.gishman
Posts: 310 Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 pm
Post
by d.gishman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:56 pm
oggiss wrote: They suck :/
...
snufkin
Posts: 206 Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 am
Location: borderland of Ranrike
Post
by snufkin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:04 am
I like the stuff they did before -73 much better than the later stuff..
their psychedelic rock was better than their progressive pop imo.
but yeah animals is one of the good ones
The comet cometh!
SolidLuigi
Posts: 441 Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Heaven
Post
by SolidLuigi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 am
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE
strike wolf
Posts: 8345 Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Post
by strike wolf » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:00 am
brooksieb wrote: suggs wrote: ONE OF THE GREATEST BANDS OF ALL TIMES.
For anyone thats never heard it, go and listen to "Comfortably Numb" and be BLOWN AWAY, particularly by the guitar solo.
Legends.
yer alot of there songs have a meaning and a story behind em....unlike this rap crap
Correction brooks. ALL of their songs have a VERY DEEP meaning behind them.
Personally my favorite band, liked just about everything they did from their first song up until Roger left.
Maxleod wrote: Not strike, he's the only one with a functioning brain.
strike wolf
Posts: 8345 Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Post
by strike wolf » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:02 am
mandyb wrote: It's a good thread brooksie! And don't you let them tell you any different!
can never have too much Pink Floyd
I love 'em
Exactly. And who has time to dig through 20-30 pages of threads to find one that's similar to the one you were thinking of posting?
Maxleod wrote: Not strike, he's the only one with a functioning brain.
strike wolf
Posts: 8345 Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Post
by strike wolf » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:04 am
muy_thaiguy wrote: oggiss wrote: They suck :/
I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck, but I just don't like their style of music. All I hear is "well it calms you down," but I listen to Country music to do that, so, yeah. Don't like em to much.
I don't know who you talk to where the best thing they can say about PF is "well it calms you down" What about the lyrics with their masterful use of metaphors, imagery, symbolism and other techniques?
Maxleod wrote: Not strike, he's the only one with a functioning brain.
brooksieb
Posts: 1060 Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm
Post
by brooksieb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:04 am
HEY TEACHER,,,, LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE!!!!