[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]
Comments: I'd give you more examples but seriously...Just go to his page and take your pick. Its rating after ratings of just 1 stars. I don't know if he has been warned bewfore, but this is pretty bad.
Comments: I'd give you more examples but seriously...Just go to his page and take your pick. Its rating after ratings of just 1 stars. I don't know if he has been warned bewfore, but this is pretty bad.
He's been warned for abuse before, although not specifically ratings abuse.
For ratings abuse we like the rating to be current. Bigeman01 hasn't left a rating in over six months. That would lead me to question how this complaint came about?
Here let me help you ES, since you can't figure it out.
1. I played a game with ES and notice his low ratings.
2. I looked at his ratings page. I then looked at his ratings left page.
3. I noticed all the 1 stars that he leaves.
4. I looked into these 1 star games and noticed they were unfounded.
5. I then thought to myself leaving unwarranted tages and stars is against the rules.
6. I brought it to the MH's attention to be dealt with.
Sorry I didn't know there was a time limit on the rules. So, essentially what you are saying is if I leave 2 pages of unwarranted ratings and it is not brought up for some undisclosed amount of time, it is ok?
Does this work for all the rules, or just this one?
Seriously, how hard is it to give this guy a warning for ratings abuse? Does it take that much work on your part? Cause the way it looks right now, we the CC community do all the work of find these games that they leave bad ratings for (you MH's want 5) and bring them to your attention.
Evolution299 wrote:Here let me help you ES, since you can't figure it out.
1. I played a game with ES and notice his low ratings.
2. I looked at his ratings page. I then looked at his ratings left page.
3. I noticed all the 1 stars that he leaves.
4. I looked into these 1 star games and noticed they were unfounded.
5. I then thought to myself leaving unwarranted tages and stars is against the rules.
6. I brought it to the MH's attention to be dealt with.
Sorry I didn't know there was a time limit on the rules. So, essentially what you are saying is if I leave 2 pages of unwarranted ratings and it is not brought up for some undisclosed amount of time, it is ok?
Does this work for all the rules, or just this one?
Seriously, how hard is it to give this guy a warning for ratings abuse? Does it take that much work on your part? Cause the way it looks right now, we the CC community do all the work of find these games that they leave bad ratings for (you MH's want 5) and bring them to your attention.
The reason we like the ratings to be current is because of accusations like this one. You dig into the older ratings of someone and want a warning. It is the same thing with SD.
Evolution299 wrote:That makes no sense at all. So because he didnt get caught at the time, he's innocent?
That is like a cop stubbling along onto a serial killer and having the cop say "well, he hasn't killed anyone recently. No harm no foul".
think of it as the statute of limitations running out......and i can't believe the only only analogy you could come up with is that of a serial killer......that is something quite different than a little ratings abuse on a game site.
Its actually a very good analogy. He has a history of leaving bad ratings over and over and over. Hence serial. I thought it was pretty good. Also, no where in the rules at the top of the page does it say that there is a time limit. There is no time limit on any of the rules officially. This is just another case where unofficial rules trump official rules as stated by ES in his post above.
Evolution299 wrote:Its actually a very good analogy. He has a history of leaving bad ratings over and over and over. Hence serial. I thought it was pretty good. Also, no where in the rules at the top of the page does it say that there is a time limit. There is no time limit on any of the rules officially. This is just another case where unofficial rules trump official rules as stated by ES in his post above.
It's actually a very bad analogy. All laws have a statute of limitations except violent offenses, like murder. Maybe you could make an analogy between murder and being a multi, but not ratings abuse. Maybe ratings abuse could be closer to shoplifting or libel. Definitely not murder, let alone a serial killer.