\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.
Moderator: Community Team
Pedronicus
Posts: 2080 Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Busy not shitting you....
Post
by Pedronicus » Thu May 31, 2012 6:02 pm
It's a football thread!
I wish we could make polls that have a cut off date, so people can only vote before a ball is kicked.
Last edited by
Pedronicus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nietzsche
Posts: 4597 Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Gender: Female
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Post
by nietzsche » Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 pm
Are we voting for who we want to win it or who we think will win it?
I think Spain will win it, I want Germany to win it.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
Pedronicus
Posts: 2080 Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Busy not shitting you....
Post
by Pedronicus » Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 pm
It's a who's going to win it poll and the official CC off topics thread to talk about games, news, bungs, injuries, WAGS, racism and football.
nietzsche
Posts: 4597 Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Gender: Female
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Post
by nietzsche » Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm
ok who voted for greece?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
pmchugh
Posts: 1264 Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm
Post
by pmchugh » Thu May 31, 2012 6:35 pm
Has to be TGD.
I look forward to moaning relentlessly at the amount of times they go to the England camp during pre and post game.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
zimmah
Posts: 1652 Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Gender: Male
Location: VDLL
Post
by zimmah » Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 pm
nietzsche wrote: Are we voting for who we want to win it or who we think will win it?
I think Spain will win it, I want Germany to win it.
they can't luck their way through the finals twice.
Click image to enlarge.
pmchugh
Posts: 1264 Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm
Post
by pmchugh » Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm
zimmah wrote: nietzsche wrote: Are we voting for who we want to win it or who we think will win it?
I think Spain will win it, I want Germany to win it.
they can't luck their way through the finals twice.
They are clearly the best team mate, you sound like a sour dutchman
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Lootifer
Posts: 1084 Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Post
by Lootifer » Thu May 31, 2012 7:15 pm
I voted Germany too. I just hope its nothing like the snoozefest that was the last WC.
Conservative football is booorrrrrrrring.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser
Posts: 1703 Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Post
by Sniper08 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm
Netherlands or Germany
for some reason i dont think spain will progress far enough,the favourties rarly win it and i think Germany is due a win. Germany will atleast get to the semi's and holland is in the same group as them so they wont meet until the final if they both progress out of the group stages.
whitestazn88
Posts: 3128 Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: behind you
Contact:
Post
by whitestazn88 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 pm
You know, when I first started watching futbol (I think it must have been Euro 2008, when Greece hosted[?]) I rooted for Greece, because they were a popular pick. Since then, I've found it very unwise to pick against the death of a thousand passes. Therefore, Espana.
f*ck Ronaldo, he's a bitch.
And, is Torres so bad now that he's not on the nat'l team or is he just coming off the bench?
I'm not a fan of those pretty boy fall over all the time and get calls kind of players, in any sport (*cough* Crosby *cough*)
Pedronicus
Posts: 2080 Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Busy not shitting you....
Post
by Pedronicus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:53 am
Stuck a dead line on the poll. Now no smart arse's can vote for a team once they are in the semis or quarters.
IR1SH ACE
Posts: 492 Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Location: The Pale, Ireland
Post
by IR1SH ACE » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:19 am
comic boy
Posts: 1738 Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: London
Post
by comic boy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 am
Not a logical choice but got a feeling the Dutch might actually win this time.
Im a TOFU miSfit
thegreekdog
Posts: 7246 Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Gender: Male
Location: Philadelphia
Post
by thegreekdog » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:29 am
pmchugh wrote: Has to be TGD.
I look forward to moaning relentlessly at the amount of times they go to the England camp during pre and post game.
I did vote for Greece, but I was not the first to vote for Greece.
According to my great uncle (rest his soul), the Greeks invented soccer.
pmchugh
Posts: 1264 Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm
Post
by pmchugh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:51 am
This poll is so retarded, apparently Ireland are just as likely as Spain to win the euros.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Neoteny
Posts: 3396 Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post
by Neoteny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am
I voted for Russia.
Napoleon Ier wrote: You people need to grow up to be honest.
nagerous
Posts: 7513 Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Gender: Male
Post
by nagerous » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 am
I'm the only one who has voted for Spain apparently...
AndyDufresne
Posts: 24935 Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Contact:
Post
by AndyDufresne » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:45 am
pmchugh wrote: This poll is so retarded, apparently Ireland are just as likely as Spain to win the euros.
I gave Ireland a vote because of this comment. Go Irish!
--Andy
Timminz
Posts: 5579 Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Gender: Male
Location: At the store
Post
by Timminz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 am
comic boy wrote: Not a logical choice but got a feeling the Dutch might actually win this time.
This is my thought as well.
Go Dutch!
ManBungalow
Posts: 3431 Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Post
by ManBungalow » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am
Go Sweden!
(I got Sweden in the sweepstake)
JBlombier
Posts: 1435 Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:47 am
Gender: Male
Location: Gouda
Post
by JBlombier » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 am
Timminz wrote: comic boy wrote: Not a logical choice but got a feeling the Dutch might actually win this time.
This is my thought as well.
Go Dutch!
I remember that was your thought at the WC also, thanks for the confidence, Timminz!
I voted for The Netherlands as well, of course. Sadly, I must agree it's not a logical choice, especially if you know how they've played their last few games.
Hup Holland Hup!
maxfaraday
Posts: 272 Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Post
by maxfaraday » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:52 am
Since I have no idea who'll win, I didn't vote.
If the question was "who do you want to win", I'd definitely vote Germany, because they are what Football should be.
Wouldn't vote France even though I'm french, because I hate Evra.
From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday
I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
pmchugh
Posts: 1264 Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm
Post
by pmchugh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 pm
I think the Netherlands have a decent chance, even though they are in a tough group. Whoever gets out that group will have an easy tie to get to the semis anyway. They have 3 top quality players but I am not sure they have the right strategy and team work to be on the same level as say Spain.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Timminz
Posts: 5579 Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Gender: Male
Location: At the store
Post
by Timminz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:41 pm
JBlombier wrote: Timminz wrote: comic boy wrote: Not a logical choice but got a feeling the Dutch might actually win this time.
This is my thought as well.
Go Dutch!
I remember that was your thought at the WC also, thanks for the confidence, Timminz!
What can I say: I'm a fan of a lot of things Dutch.
whitestazn88
Posts: 3128 Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Gender: Male
Location: behind you
Contact:
Post
by whitestazn88 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm
nagerous wrote: I'm the only one who has voted for Spain apparently...
I opted for spain, I just don't vote