Unfortunately the beta testing did stall because of concerns that the Clan community may be resistant to change, especially with some of the more radical features (no emergency/long-term sitting).
So hopefully we can have a concerted cohesive approach from the clan community, but even if the discussion remains divisive, at least everyone is forewarned to expect any changes.
Alpha Phase wrote:Released to Beta.
- Feature must be enabled. Go to Game Settings and set 'Enable Game Sitting' to Yes
- Game Sitting Tab will appear on My Games
- Invites Sitters -> sends private message with Approve/Decline
- Can have up to 3 active sitters and can sit for up to 3 players
- Can schedule sitters for the future and for up to 7 days at a time
- When sitting the tab alerts you to active games for players you are sitting
- Starting a game sitting session for a player take you a 'Game Stadium' of their valid games for you to sit by clicking 'Visit' on each
- Games will show up in your sitter tab when they are ready to play
- Game Log indicates a Sitter is player
- If a Sitter uses game Chat they are identified in the chat line
- There are restrictions on sitting:
- Both players must be premium
- Sitters must have minimum games of 10
- Sitters must have played in last 10 days
- You cannot sit for games you are in unless it is a team game and you are on the same team as your sittee
- Cannot sit in speed games
- Cannot sit in Bot games
- Cannot take a sitting turn for first 6 hours
Removal of Freemium restriction. (either sitter/sittee?)
Some form of Emergency sitting (We all have fond memories from the extension from 1 to 2 hours, nevermind the exceptions for middle of the night absences)
Joining Clan/Tournament Games while only temporarily away
Long-term sitting (>14 days etc)
Long-term Speed Games/Tournaments (Excess of a few hours?)
I don't think any of us can deny that a sitting feature is much-needed, but a lot of the debate revolves around two perspectives:
1. No turn should ever be missed.
2. Your opponent should play his own turn.
Where do we think is a fair middle-ground? Ensure a system assists in minimising missed turns to avoid ruining the integrity of the game?
So, ensure a reliable mechanism to avoid missed turns, vs ensuring you have reliable members that don't miss turns (fix the root, not the branch)
So, the platform is opened, please don't give me cause to close it