Yes, meant to say mass shootings.mookiemcgee wrote:That number seems awfully low Duk, it might be missing the qualifier 'mass'.
Moderator: Community Team
Yes, meant to say mass shootings.mookiemcgee wrote:That number seems awfully low Duk, it might be missing the qualifier 'mass'.
… but you be and are being called idiot for your idiotic sarcasm.bigtoughralf wrote:Erm, what? Read my post again, I said that those gun owners are all stable and responsible. I don't think anyone who would commit acts of extreme violence in defense of their property could ever be called an idiot.jimboston wrote:Your examples of people being idiots does NOT mean that every gun owner is an idiot.
Do you think you might be over-reacting a little bit?jimboston wrote:… but you be and are being called idiot for your idiotic sarcasm.bigtoughralf wrote:Erm, what? Read my post again, I said that those gun owners are all stable and responsible. I don't think anyone who would commit acts of extreme violence in defense of their property could ever be called an idiot.jimboston wrote:Your examples of people being idiots does NOT mean that every gun owner is an idiot.
You think tragedy is a useful tool to make “humorous” anti-analogies to “prove” a point?
You’re not only an idiot, you’re a borderline evil sociopath.
BTR/mrswdk is making this implication with his sick analogy.Dukasaur wrote:Nobody, and I mean nobody, has posited the "every gun owner is an idiot".jimboston wrote:You are an ass.
Your examples of people being idiots does NOT mean that every gun owner is an idiot.
That is not how logic and debate works.
That is not how statistics works.
You cannot extrapolate your false narrative from some bad examples.
I’m sure I could find plenty of news reports demonstrating examples were guns were useful and successfully used to prevent or limit harm. It’s a waste of my time to do so and think it might influence you in any way.
Go take a long walk on a short pier.
I think most of us will agree that the majority of gun owners are reasonable. The majority isn't enough. When you're talking about the ability to deal out death with only a tenth of a second to think about it, even if 95% are reasonable, it's not enough.
And yes, cherry-picking extreme examples isn't proof of anything, but the fact that examples are so ludicrously easy to find does form at least presumptive evidence. There have been what, 160 shootings in the U.S. so far this year? More than one a day? Is that the failure rate of a reasonable system?
My reaction is as extreme as your dumb analogy is.bigtoughralf wrote:Do you think you might be over-reacting a little bit?jimboston wrote:… but you be and are being called idiot for your idiotic sarcasm.bigtoughralf wrote:Erm, what? Read my post again, I said that those gun owners are all stable and responsible. I don't think anyone who would commit acts of extreme violence in defense of their property could ever be called an idiot.jimboston wrote:Your examples of people being idiots does NOT mean that every gun owner is an idiot.
You think tragedy is a useful tool to make “humorous” anti-analogies to “prove” a point?
You’re not only an idiot, you’re a borderline evil sociopath.
We can change the Constitution if enough of us want to.bigtoughralf wrote:They're not allowed to ban guns though, because some British guys wrote guns into the US constitution during the 18th century. That's how democracy works, and if jones doesn't like the price of freedom then he can go back to Denmark!
The number one cause of death for children under the age of 1 is Abortion.jonesthecurl wrote:Guns are actually the leading cause of death in people aged 1-18 in the U.S. I'm not being "smug' or 'America-hating' saying that, it's just true.
Liberals want to stop gang violence and shootings involving multiple victims.jimboston wrote:Different definitions are applied to the term “mass shootings” based on the ideology of the person/group doing the analysis.
Most people hear “mass shooting” and they think of a random (or semi targeted) attack at a public place like a place of business, school, hall, mall. Where a crazy person goes in and generally just wants to kill some people and doesn’t care if he/she lives.
Some groups include targeted one-one or gang violence as “mass shootings” if more than one shot is fired, or more than one person is hit, they will include these as “mass shootings” even though the targets in these cases are very specific. Liberals / anti-gun groups want to include these to increase the number of “mass shootings” even though these are often quite different. They are not random at all and generally happen in specific neighborhoods. Inclusion of these shootings increases the fear-level of the general public and muddies the conversation IMHO.
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Do you have a big gun?KoolBak wrote:*plays with two guns laying next to me*
Mine's a subcompact.bigtoughralf wrote:Do you have a big gun?KoolBak wrote:*plays with two guns laying next to me*
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
Well fully auto weapons were banned in 1986 by Reagan under the FOPA , which was endorsed by the NRA.5) Fully-Auto
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
Wrong. I think it's possible to have reasonable gun laws.jimboston wrote:
… using your logic the only “solution” would be to remove ALL firearms from the citizenry.
Switzerland doesn't have the same "population", to put it mildly, that's the reason, not laws. I don't think I need to elaborate, and if I did I might get in trouble with the PC PoliceDukasaur wrote: Switzerland has an even higher rate of gun ownership and a very low level of gun crime.
Reasonable rules are possible, and while nothing can eliminate all problems, they can be reduced dramatically.
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
The we agree…Dukasaur wrote:Wrong. I think it's possible to have reasonable gun laws.jimboston wrote:
… using your logic the only “solution” would be to remove ALL firearms from the citizenry.
Canada has a high rate of gun ownership and doesn't have the carnage in the streets that the U.S. does.
Switzerland has an even higher rate of gun ownership and a very low level of gun crime.
Reasonable rules are possible, and while nothing can eliminate all problems, they can be reduced dramatically.
Yet you’re advocating that I shouldn’t get a gun for myself.Dukasaur wrote:Wrong. I think it's possible to have reasonable gun laws.jimboston wrote:
… using your logic the only “solution” would be to remove ALL firearms from the citizenry.
Canada has a high rate of gun ownership and doesn't have the carnage in the streets that the U.S. does.
Switzerland has an even higher rate of gun ownership and a very low level of gun crime.
Reasonable rules are possible, and while nothing can eliminate all problems, they can be reduced dramatically.
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Wrong again. I expressed NO OPINION on whether you should acquire a gun.jimboston wrote:Yet you’re advocating that I shouldn’t get a gun for myself.Dukasaur wrote:Wrong. I think it's possible to have reasonable gun laws.jimboston wrote:
… using your logic the only “solution” would be to remove ALL firearms from the citizenry.
Canada has a high rate of gun ownership and doesn't have the carnage in the streets that the U.S. does.
Switzerland has an even higher rate of gun ownership and a very low level of gun crime.
Reasonable rules are possible, and while nothing can eliminate all problems, they can be reduced dramatically.
So that means you either assume I am a criminal or irresponsible.
Thanks!
Yeah, we can read between the lines. You think Switzerland's lily-white population is less violent that America's many non-whites. It's a position that's often put forward by right-wingers. Easily refuted.Maxleod wrote:Switzerland doesn't have the same "population", to put it mildly, that's the reason, not laws. I don't think I need to elaborate, and if I did I might get in trouble with the PC PoliceDukasaur wrote: Switzerland has an even higher rate of gun ownership and a very low level of gun crime.
Reasonable rules are possible, and while nothing can eliminate all problems, they can be reduced dramatically.
Not what I said...bigtoughralf wrote:You do realise you're trying to reason with a guy who is saying that black people are predisposed towards being criminals.