Charles III crowned king of England.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
Post Reply

Excited?

Died
0
No votes
Passed out
1
11%
Attended coronation in person
0
No votes
Stood proudly for hours in new hat waiting to see the procession
0
No votes
Sang and danced
0
No votes
Watched entire coronation live on telly
1
11%
Watched video clips of coronation
0
No votes
Read about coronation
1
11%
Had heard something about coronation
0
No votes
Actively avoided coronation
1
11%
Forgot about the whole thing
2
22%
Don't really care
3
33%
Was mildly perturbed about new king
0
No votes
Grouchy about new king
0
No votes
Protested the coronation
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
2dimes
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Pepperoni Hug Spot.

Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by 2dimes »

It's official, wondering how everyone feels about it.
User avatar
Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
Posts: 28239
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by Dukasaur »

Did not go, because I'm too poor to fly to England without two years of saving up, and I'm already going to France this year (plans were made 18 months ago before Lizzie died.)

If I could have afforded it, I would have gone. A once-in-a-lifetime moment in history, and I'm a big fan of the monarchy.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4090
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by ConfederateSS »

-----------I am getting the Caligula feeling at the end of THE ROBE...When Marcus and Diana are headed for the archer field to be executed..... Caligula shouting....,"THEY'RE GOING TO MEET THEIR KING, THEY'RE GOING TO MEET THEIR KING!!!", Good Luck Great Britain.... Unfortunately for the World...One more sign of Nostradamus, World War 3...A King named Charles will be the last King of England...End of England,The Monarchy???....Or The World Ending???...Man , I was hoping Liz would out live Chucky...And Billy would become King after Liz, Damn... :!: :!: :!: .... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
User avatar
bigtoughralf
Posts: 2072
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:49 am

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by bigtoughralf »

The McDonald's near me had screens up saying 'one's loving it' and a cardboard cut out of the big man, so I guess I was celebrating by eating there.
Palestinians murdered by Israel during its ongoing illegal invasion of Gaza: 52,535*

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases ... t-genocide

*https://www.bmj.com/content/388/bmj.r73
User avatar
jonesthecurl
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Gender: Male
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Contact:

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by jonesthecurl »

Actually passing through Heathrow today/tomorrow, completely ignoring it.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by saxitoxin »

I watched highlights on YouTube. I'm actually a big fan of CIII and am not necessarily looking forward to William.

I would totally have gone if I was actually invited to the coronation, but not just to merely be present in the UK watching it at McDonald's as ralph tries to play grabass with me. That sounds like a shit time. But, yes, if somehow I was VIP enough to get an invite I would have completely gone.
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
User avatar
riskllama
Posts: 9041
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by riskllama »

zero fucks to give....
Image
User avatar
KoolBak
Posts: 7414
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by KoolBak »

:lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
User avatar
bigtoughralf
Posts: 2072
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:49 am

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by bigtoughralf »

saxitoxin wrote:I would totally have gone if I was actually invited
How does it feel being further down the invite list than a guy whose alibi for molesting a teenage girl was 'it couldn't have been me because I can't sweat'?
Palestinians murdered by Israel during its ongoing illegal invasion of Gaza: 52,535*

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases ... t-genocide

*https://www.bmj.com/content/388/bmj.r73
User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Charles III crowned king of England.

Post by saxitoxin »

bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:I would totally have gone if I was actually invited
How does it feel being further down the invite list than a guy whose alibi for molesting a teenage girl was 'it couldn't have been me because I can't sweat'?
Liberating. I now feel like I can get away with anything.
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
Post Reply

Return to “Acceptable Content”