2dimes wrote:Question, if the giant bipeds from the story in Saxi's original post started walking around your town, you'll still be skeptical?
I'd be skeptical of anything inspired by saxi.
Some healthy skepticism is likely prudent.
I probably should not have called it "original post". Strike "original".
I meant the one with the YouTube of the 911 call where someone was reporting "giant bipeds, 100% they're not human". That was what I thought you were talking about.
While he posted bullet points about their tale, I doubt Saxi inspired it.
2dimes wrote:Question, if the giant bipeds from the story in Saxi's original post started walking around your town, you'll still be skeptical?
I'd be skeptical of anything inspired by saxi.
Some healthy skepticism is likely prudent.
I probably should not have called it "original post". Strike "original".
I meant the one with the YouTube of the 911 call where someone was reporting "giant bipeds, 100% they're not human". That was what I thought you were talking about.
While he posted bullet points about their tale, I doubt Saxi inspired it.
If I saw them myself, I might have to think about it.
A secondhand report from someone who is not known to me doesn't fill me with confidence in the veracity of the story.
“Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
With some of the amazing things Boston Dynamics has shown us, I don't think extra terrestrial would be my first thought upon seeing either tripods or giant bipeds. That's just things they have revealed to the public.
It might help if I perceived their craft coming from the sky but even then, they could have just left the earths surface and returned.
The famous 1997 Coast to Coast AM Area 51 caller ... halfway through the call, all 384 radio stations carrying Art Bell's program simultaneously lost their feed.
A week later, a guy claiming to be the original caller called back and said he had made the call and it was all a hoax, though couldn't explain how the entire network had been knocked off air.
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism