Moderator: Community Team
Opportunity cost vs. opportunity cost of my kid being the person who cures cancer?Dukasaur wrote:Still all the great things you might have done if you hadn't been distracted by breeding.
he didn't mean you Jim, "most annoying CC poster" was always your lifes potential.jimboston wrote:Opportunity cost vs. opportunity cost of my kid being the person who cures cancer?Dukasaur wrote:Still all the great things you might have done if you hadn't been distracted by breeding.
Or grandkid.
I agree the world population is high… but we can’t go down to zero breeders.
We need some people to procreate.

WILLIAMS5232 wrote: as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
c'mon now, mook, there's no way jimbo is even close to being the most annoying poster here on CC...mookiemcgee wrote:
he didn't mean you Jim, "most annoying CC poster" was always your lifes potential.

Didn't dispute that.jimboston wrote:Opportunity cost vs. opportunity cost of my kid being the person who cures cancer?Dukasaur wrote:Still all the great things you might have done if you hadn't been distracted by breeding.
Or grandkid.
I agree the world population is high… but we can’t go down to zero breeders.
We need some people to procreate.
Guess I’m a failure…mookiemcgee wrote:he didn't mean you Jim, "most annoying CC poster" was always your lifes potential.jimboston wrote:Opportunity cost vs. opportunity cost of my kid being the person who cures cancer?Dukasaur wrote:Still all the great things you might have done if you hadn't been distracted by breeding.
Or grandkid.
I agree the world population is high… but we can’t go down to zero breeders.
We need some people to procreate.
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.

riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
As I recall, this was mentioned by noted economist (and Nobel Laureate) Milton Friedman. It came from the phenomenon of saloons in the USA offering a "free lunch" to those who bought at least one drink. The foods offered were high in salt, boosting sales of the beverages, especially beer.KoolBak wrote:One of the few things I remember from college economics... opportunity cost or TANSTAAFL

You should write a book - or at least an essay - for the benefit of future generations.jusplay4fun wrote:Duk makes a very good point. Nearly all things have their plusses and minuses. I cannot think of one thing that has all of one and none of the other. This is something I have come to consider as I experience life; the older I get, the more I realize the profoundness of this idea.
Want another birthday thread?riskllama wrote:c'mon now, mook, there's no way jimbo is even close to being the most annoying poster here on CC...mookiemcgee wrote:
he didn't mean you Jim, "most annoying CC poster" was always your lifes potential.
Dukasaur wrote:Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
I will leave that to DDS; he is better at entertaining the crowd(s) here.bigtoughralf wrote:
You should write a book - or at least an essay - for the benefit of future generations.jusplay4fun wrote:Duk makes a very good point. Nearly all things have their plusses and minuses. I cannot think of one thing that has all of one and none of the other. This is something I have come to consider as I experience life; the older I get, the more I realize the profoundness of this idea.

A car port does not provide that much protection from crap. As far as a garage, most people I know put "stuff" in the garage (lawn mowers, power equipment, storage) and NOT their cars; it is a storage for everything but cars. So, Minus there, if car protection is the main goal.jimboston wrote:Just get a carport and you’ll still live on a nice tree lined street… and you won’t have birdshot on your car.
A garage works too.
