George Washington wrote:Experience, which is the best teacher for action, so clearly and decisively condemns confidence placed in militia, that no one who values order, regularity and economy and who loves his own honor, character and inner peace will put any confidence on the outcome of anything undertaken with militia.
another one:
George Washington wrote:Short service and unfounded confidence in the militia were the causes of all our misfortunes and the increase in our debt.
Seems like "hor-hay" disagrees with the second amendment. What would you expect from a guy with at least 12 swords? Definitely a libtard.
Let's look at a bigger picture of the views of our First President:
In the same year that the second amendment was passed, an insurrection against the whiskey tax was started on the Western frontier, now known as the “Whiskey Rebellion” (1791-1794). President George Washington sent in militias from Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Virginia to put down that rebellion. These were “well-regulated militias necessary to the security of a free State.”
President Washington saw the second amendment as a way of protecting our Republic, not as a means to “render it powerless” as that reader suggested.
As usual, ralph offers more nonsense. Where did you get such illogical connections and bad thinking? Surely not from Islam..?? from your roommate and master, saxi..??
I don't believe the militias that came from the militia act have the same meaning as militia in the second amendment.
Here's why I think this.
My understanding is:
Constitution of the US is written but several states won't sign it, because they are worried about over-reach of federal power. Bill of Rights is added as a concession to limit the federal power. In that context, the reason for the second amendment is so that states can raise militias against a standing federal army.
So a federal militia (the militias which Washington used, the forerunners of the national guard) is not a militia as intended by the second amendment. I know that you can find several federalists who have a different view of the second amendment. However, since the entire bill of rights was meant for the anti-federalists, we should really be looking at what they were hoping to gain.
In any case, I was just trolling a bit. The above quotes come from Washington's frustrations in the mid 1770s from having to retrain a new group of farmers every season. He just wanted an actual army to work with. I don't actually think Washington opposed the Bill of Rights, but he wasn't one of the people pushing for it, either.
DoomYoshi wrote:I don't believe the militias that came from the militia act have the same meaning as militia in the second amendment.
Here's why I think this.
My understanding is:
Constitution of the US is written but several states won't sign it, because they are worried about over-reach of federal power. Bill of Rights is added as a concession to limit the federal power. In that context, the reason for the second amendment is so that states can raise militias against a standing federal army.
So a federal militia (the militias which Washington used, the forerunners of the national guard) is not a militia as intended by the second amendment. I know that you can find several federalists who have a different view of the second amendment. However, since the entire bill of rights was meant for the anti-federalists, we should really be looking at what they were hoping to gain.
In any case, I was just trolling a bit. The above quotes come from Washington's frustrations in the mid 1770s from having to retrain a new group of farmers every season. He just wanted an actual army to work with. I don't actually think Washington opposed the Bill of Rights, but he wasn't one of the people pushing for it, either.
+1
Also the 2nd Amendment says “well regulated” militia.
Washington’s frustrations at the beginning of the war was because the militia were absolutely NOT “well regulated”.
Our rising standard of living depends on a constant flow of savings dollars flowing into our business system each year.
You start with quotes from George Washington and now post a video on business from YouTube,,??? What is this about? I thought it was a thread on "quotes."
Your dick is so much bigger and more satisfying than my boomer husband's
Jim's wife
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
bigWham wrote:Starting in 2024, I will be passing off my ownership of CC to non other than CC's best user, DirtyDishSoap. Please give him a round of applause as I'm sure he will revitalize this site.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.