Get rid of the antiquated biased Electoral College

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Get rid of the antiquated biased Electoral College

Post by jusplay4fun »

I agree with JimB on most of his previous post.

I will add that GaryD made a good point, based on his cited article by the historian: The use of state admission after the Civil War that added states that are now essentially Republican.

I think the article said that post-Civil War that the Republican Party started to ally with Big Business.

It is also true that the Electoral College was established BEFORE the very formation of the Republican Party. Also note that the Electoral College has evolved from its inception. And there was debate by those writing and discussing the US Constitution about the merits of the EC.

As JimB said, perhaps the Republicans post-Civil War "played the game better" to help the party then and today.
JP4Fun

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Acceptable Content”