Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.
Moderator: Cartographers
bryguy
Posts: 4381 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Post
by bryguy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:43 am
i like them as flags, their just plain boring as colors
Gnome
Posts: 388 Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium
Post
by Gnome » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:28 pm
bryguy wrote: plz post it in a tutotorial or something, cause im having the hardest time doing that with my maps
Ok, I'll make a tutorial when my computer works again...It just crashed some minutes ago...(working on a laptop now)
i like the map, but i would like it more if the territories were just colors and not flags
I'm planning on leaving the flags...I can only make it look better but I'm going to stick to this idea...There are enough maps with plain territory borders
pepperonibread
Posts: 954 Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Post
by pepperonibread » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:18 pm
Mr_Niels wrote: i like the map, but i would like it more if the terretories were just colors and not flags
I agree, the flags are kind of confusing. Maybe they could just be toned down a bit.
Also, I vote glow.
Gnome
Posts: 388 Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium
Post
by Gnome » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:28 am
I'll put this map on vacation until I have time to read history to make this map historical correct.
Unless some1 wants to take over the idea...
Coleman
Posts: 5402 Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Midwest
Post
by Coleman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:51 pm
unriggable wrote: f*ck.
Shit Cock.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
cairnswk
Posts: 11510 Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Post
by cairnswk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:02 pm
Gnome wrote: I'll put this map on vacation until I have time to read history to make this map historical correct.
Unless some1 wants to take over the idea...
Gnome...you should continue...but nice move to vacation for short period to get the facts (and new style of map) correct.
unriggable wrote: f*ck
Also, poeples, let's keep a little decorum in the Foundry please. There are other ways to express your disappointment.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Telvannia
Posts: 1331 Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:19 am
Post
by Telvannia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:07 pm
cairnswk wrote: unriggable wrote: f*ck
Also, poeples, let's keep a little decorum in the Foundry please. There are other ways to express your disappointment.
ceremonially burning a mod?
unriggable
Posts: 8037 Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 pm
Post
by unriggable » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:59 pm
Sorry. Got a little rattled since I really like this map.
Coleman
Posts: 5402 Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Midwest
Post
by Coleman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:19 pm
We don't like enforcing the copyright much either, and I get that it is a geographic location, but the layout was exactly the same with a few subtle differences. It's okay to be inspired by another work, but the copy paste of their layout isn't something we can let by.
As nice as it was looking.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
bryguy
Posts: 4381 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Post
by bryguy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm
yea im working on a map of prydain (its from a chronicles) and i dont know if i need copyright permission or not, cause i made the map from scratch but it looks alot like the one they let u see on the website, i would be able to change it though. so im guessing something like that happened here
cairnswk
Posts: 11510 Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Post
by cairnswk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 am
Telvannia wrote: cairnswk wrote: unriggable wrote: f*ck
Also, poeples, let's keep a little decorum in the Foundry please. There are other ways to express your disappointment.
ceremonially burning a mod?
oh that would be very welcome
....as would the removal of your statue from my front yard.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
tim02
Posts: 249 Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 pm
Location: Vancouver
Post
by tim02 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:59 am
Gnome wrote: tim02 wrote: I really think that the difference in continents should be way more clear
where is the difference not clear enough? I thought Indian tribes and America could be distracting, therefore I put those tipi's in the circles
just is british america new foundland/new brunswick and how far down south?
Highest/Current
Score: 2900
Strider24
Posts: 1090 Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:13 pm
Gender: Male
Post
by Strider24 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:44 pm
What Bonus are georgia and virginia a part of?
bryguy
Posts: 4381 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Post
by bryguy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:14 pm
hmm, idk actually
bryguy
Posts: 4381 Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Post
by bryguy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 pm
after this map is finished, i should make a "Doodle American Revolution" map, it would be fun