Conquer Club

Territorial Battle [Winner: WladTheImpaler]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Territorial Battle [Winner: WladTheImpaler]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Territorial Battle
Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=187031

This is going to be a tourny that is a bit larger then I usually do, these small repetitive tournies are getting old

Note: Freemiums are welcome to join, but please keep at least one slot open (preferably two as there will be two games if you make it to part b of any round), but at least one. If you don't keep at least one slot open when I'm sending out the games, I will most likely find a replacement for you

Each group will get signups of 44 players. When you sign up, please state which group you want to be in. If you do not state which group you will be in, I will place you in a group myself

show: groups

Here is how the rounds will work:

show: rounds

show: singups group 1

show: singups group 2

show: player list

reserves:
Last edited by anamainiacks on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Tournament Updates

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Bracket Stage
Finals - Circus Maximus, Cyprus, Egypt: Upper, Egypt: Lower, Haiti
[6-9]. (16) Evil Semp vs. (14) WladTheImpaler

Round 3 - Luxemburg
[3-2]. (16) Evil Semp vs. (5) igotaished
[3-2]. (14) WladTheImpaler vs. (7) dustin800

Round 2 - Classic Cities: Madrid
[3-2]. (16) Evil Semp vs. (8) Marshallbobby
[3-2]. (5) igotaished vs. (4) Googilibear
[5-0]. (14) WladTheImpaler vs. (11) TheSaxlad
[5-0]. (7) dustin800 vs. (2) Fakyras

Round 1 - Madagascar
[2-3]. (1) Leverpuller vs. (16) Evil Semp
[1-4]. (9) Jurasu vs. (8) Marshallbobby
[3-2]. (5) igotaished vs. (12) DaveS_WI
[2-3]. (13) GreenBaize vs. (4) Googilibear
[1-4]. (3) Megane vs. (14) WladTheImpaler
[3-2]. (11) TheSaxlad vs. (6) azak848
[5-0]. (7) dustin800 vs. (10) Kingandcountry
[2-3]. (15) Lyndir vs. (2) Fakyras

Qualifier Tiebreaker - Egypt: Nubia
[2]. cryinlion
[4]. Evil Semp
[3]. Gawddog
[0]. joeaggie98
[2]. krysys
[4]. Lyndir

Overall Group Score
[126] Small Maps vs. [123] Large Maps
show: Small Map Leaderboard
show: Large Map Leaderboard

Group Stage - Doodle Earth, Duck and Cover, Eurasia Mini, USA West
show
Last edited by anamainiacks on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 69 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Round 2B / 3A]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:17 am

Update

As you guys could probably tell from the PM you received yesterday, I'm currently still in the process of getting this tournament back on track. We're currently still short of 4 players (1 Small, 3 Large), and if we manage to get them, the number of players on each team will drop slightly to 42 each, instead of 44.

Round 2B scores are still trickling in, and the overall score so far has been updated. The respective team leaderboards are still only correct as of Round 1B.

I won't be sending out games for Round 3B until ALL games for Round 3A are at least filled. Please, help me get this tournament back on track! If you can find people who are interested in joining, please PM them to let me know!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby philephant on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd like to get in.
Sergeant 1st Class philephant

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am

We just need ONE more reserve for the Small Map team! If anybody can help to refer a friend to join the tournament, that'd be amazing!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Round 3B]

Postby JJ41375 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:36 am

You can add me to whichever team you need a player for.
Colonel JJ41375
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd like to play on the small maps side.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 pm

JJ41375 wrote:You can add me to whichever team you need a player for.

Dukasaur wrote:I'd like to play on the small maps side.

Thanks a lot guys, but I'm no longer in need of players! We managed to fill up at the end of last week. I can still add you in as reserves though, if you're interested!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am

Update

At the end of Round 2B, the Large Map team held a small lead over the Small Map team, barely edging them out with a final score of 32-29 in Round 2B for a total score of 64-61.

However, both teams are still in heated competition, and it's anybody's guess as to which team will be the one to progress to the next stage of the tournament. With Round 3B well underway, the Small Map team has surged to a sizeable 5-point lead at 26-21 presently, making up for their loss in Round 2B and taking the lead for now.

The Small Map team needs a whopping 39 points in Round 3B to get to the 100 point target, while the Large Map team needs 36. Each team can still score a maximum of 17 points for their side out of the remaining games - Small Maps need 13 more, while Large Maps need 15 more. Games for Round 4A will be withheld until it's impossible for both teams to achieve the target within Round 3B.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Round 4A]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:20 pm

8 players have not accepted their invitations for Round 4A. They risk elimination if they do not accept their second set of invites!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Round 4A]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:58 am

Update

With Round 3B finally coming to a complete closure, the Large Map team extends their lead over the Small Map team from 3 points to double that - 6 points. However, neither team has reached the necessary 100 point mark, and thus we'll enter our 4th and final round of the first phase.

As 4 players declined or did not respond to their invites after 48 hours (2 from each team), there will only be 20 matchups in this round. These players have not been eliminated, and can still progress to the next phase if they qualify, but they forfeit their chance to compete in this round.

The Small Map team definitely has a lot of ground to cover, but it's still not over yet!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Bracket Round 1 / Tiebreaker]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Update

In an extremely surprising turn of events, the Small Map team makes a strong comeback in Round 4B, trampling over the Large Map team with a 9 point lead at 35-26, giving them more than enough points to surge ahead of their opponents in the final round. The final score stands at 126-123, to the Small Map team.

We'll now be moving on to the Bracket Stage now.

The top 12 players from the Small Map team have been determined based on their raw scores earned across the Group Stage. Seeding has been done in order of points, followed by Random.org.

The remaining 4 spots was then a toss-up between the 12 players tied at 3 points apiece in the Group Stage. As a first round of tiebreakers, the players were ordered in terms of the number of Home games (i.e. Small Map games) they've won across the entirety of the Group Stage. That gives 2 more players their spot in the Bracket Stage with 5 wins, to make the top 14; while 4 players are out of the running with only 2 wins.

We are thus left with 6 players vying for the last 2 spots in the top 16. The tiebreaker will be as such: each player will play 5 games on Egypt: Nubia - 1 against each of the other 5 players. The 2 players with the most number of wins will earn those spots.

Tiebreaker games have been sent. Round 1 of the Bracket Stage will run concurrently, and will be sent out tomorrow, hopefully.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby azak848 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

TheSaxlad still has not joined any of his games, been awhile....

forfit?
Major azak848

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

azak848 wrote:TheSaxlad still has not joined any of his games, been awhile....

forfit?

He did say he was on holiday with bad internet a while back, but hasn't got back to me about when he'll be back from his holiday. If the tiebreakers are done and he's still not back, I'll replace him with the 3rd placed player from the tiebreaker.

But just for now I'm still willing to wait, because the other matchups have to wait for the results of the tiebreaker too anyway.

Sorry for the delay!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby azak848 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:10 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
azak848 wrote:TheSaxlad still has not joined any of his games, been awhile....

forfit?

He did say he was on holiday with bad internet a while back, but hasn't got back to me about when he'll be back from his holiday. If the tiebreakers are done and he's still not back, I'll replace him with the 3rd placed player from the tiebreaker.

But just for now I'm still willing to wait, because the other matchups have to wait for the results of the tiebreaker too anyway.

Sorry for the delay!

no problem!
Major azak848

Re: Territorial Battle [Bracket Round 2]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 am

Update

The tiebreaker is completed, and saw Lyndir and Evil Semp moving on as the 15th and 16th seeds respectively.

Much of Round 1 of the bracket is also completed, with 6 of the 8 matchups finished. Just 2 matchups remain, for our quarter-finalists to be decided.

With that, our matchups for Round 2 are forming up quickly, and 2 of them have begun.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Bracket Round 3]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Update

We're now in the middle of Round 3 - one of the matchups has finished, while the other has yet to begin.

16th seed Evil Semp caused yet another upset by taking out the 5th seed igotaished to make it into the finals of the tournament, after previously causing the upsets of 1st seed Leverpuller and 8th seed Marshallbobby. Each of these 3 battles were won in a narrow 3-2 victory, but it's still a victory nonetheless.

The highest seed left standing is 7th seed dustin800, who will now face 14th seed WladTheImpaler, who comes off an easy victory after his opponent unfortunately missed some turns in their games. Will dustin800 keep the flame alive, or will those that scored big to bring the Small Map team to the Bracket Stage end up being unrepresented in the finals?
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Finals]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

Update

In a tournament full of upsets, 14th seed WladTheImpaler books the last berth in the finals, fighting for the tournament win against 16th seed Evil Semp.

I personally find it amusing that the finalists of the tournament earned only 6 of the 126 points accumulated by the Small Map team in the group stages, but that just goes to show that anything can happen!

The finals will be played on 5 different maps, and is a best of 15 series. Games will be sent in sets of 5, and the first player to reach 8 wins will win the tournament!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Winner: WladTheImpaler]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Update

After a long fought series of battles, 14th seed WladTheImpaler emerges victorious in the Small Map Team! Congratulations!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Territorial Battle [Winner: WladTheImpaler]

Postby WladTheImpaler on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:40 am

Thanks. gg all
Corporal 1st Class WladTheImpaler

Return to Completed 2013