Least likely to know how to swim.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which CC regular is least likely to know how to swim?

Ralph
4
24%
Duk
0
No votes
DY
1
6%
2dimes
0
No votes
DDS
1
6%
KoolBak
1
6%
JP4F
0
No votes
jimboston
1
6%
mcgee
1
6%
Gary Denton
1
6%
HitRed
0
No votes
Confederate
6
35%
riskllama
0
No votes
Jones
1
6%
 
Total votes: 17

User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by saxitoxin »

Which CC regular is least likely to know how to swim?
Last edited by saxitoxin on Tue May 09, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
User avatar
bigtoughralf
Posts: 2072
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:49 am

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by bigtoughralf »

One of the old ones. In their day they probably only taught people to swim if they were marines.
Palestinians murdered by Israel during its ongoing illegal invasion of Gaza: 52,535*

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases ... t-genocide

*https://www.bmj.com/content/388/bmj.r73
User avatar
mookiemcgee
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Northern CA

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by mookiemcgee »

bigtoughralf wrote:One of the old ones. In their day they probably only taught people to swim if they were marines.
Right now it's you and Confed in a race to the bottom of the pool
WILLIAMS5232 wrote: as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
User avatar
DoomYoshi
Posts: 10728
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Niu York, Ukraine

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by DoomYoshi »

it's pretty weird that I'm still considered a regular.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by saxitoxin »

DoomYoshi wrote:it's pretty weird that I'm still considered a regular.
Do you have IBS?
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4090
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by ConfederateSS »

mookiemcgee wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:One of the old ones. In their day they probably only taught people to swim if they were marines.
Right now it's you and Confed in a race to the bottom of the pool
----------BTR...Lives on an Island....I was thinking of where everyone is...So I don't know???
------------ I live in The Great Lake State...Over 10,000 small lakes, The Great Lakes...20% of the world's fresh water...
------------ Most of the rest of Americans...Live on the Pacific or Atlantic coasts....
------------ Gary lives in Houston....It floods all the time, so he should know how...
------------ Duk lives near the Falls...On the Canadian side...
------------ I'm going to say, Canadians the rest , most likely know ...
------------ I going back to the list...of names before I vote...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ....
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4090
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by ConfederateSS »

----------- Didn't vote.....I thinking even DDS, Jonesy, and HitRed knows how to swim...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by saxitoxin »

- Ralph: deepest end of the pool he's been in is sitting in a jacuzzi
- 2dimes: can't swim because the water is always frozen over north of the 49th
- riskllama: trapped on an island so obviously doesn't know how to swim or he could have got off
- DDS: probably learned to swim from all the sailors he's put out for
- jimboston: his country club in Brookline undoubtedly has a private pool so he surely knows how to swim
- mcgee: I think he lives in California which means he has his own pool and a family of Mexicans to take care of it, but he never actually does more than sit next to it
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
User avatar
mookiemcgee
Posts: 5788
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Northern CA

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by mookiemcgee »

saxitoxin wrote:- Ralph: deepest end of the pool he's been in is sitting in a jacuzzi
- 2dimes: can't swim because the water is always frozen over north of the 49th
- riskllama: trapped on an island so obviously doesn't know how to swim or he could have got off
- DDS: probably learned to swim from all the sailors he's put out for
- jimboston: his country club in Brookline undoubtedly has a private pool so he surely knows how to swim
- mcgee: I think he lives in California which means he has his own pool and a family of Mexicans to take care of it, but he never actually does more than sit next to it
My pool ain't that big, I only need one Mexican to take care of it. I'm taking it as a compliment fwiw.

Do you guys think Jesus walked on water because he couldn't swim?
WILLIAMS5232 wrote: as far as dukasaur goes, i had no idea you were so goofy. i mean, you hate your parents so much you'd wish they'd been shot? just move out bro.
User avatar
saxitoxin
Posts: 13427
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by saxitoxin »

mookiemcgee wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:- Ralph: deepest end of the pool he's been in is sitting in a jacuzzi
- 2dimes: can't swim because the water is always frozen over north of the 49th
- riskllama: trapped on an island so obviously doesn't know how to swim or he could have got off
- DDS: probably learned to swim from all the sailors he's put out for
- jimboston: his country club in Brookline undoubtedly has a private pool so he surely knows how to swim
- mcgee: I think he lives in California which means he has his own pool and a family of Mexicans to take care of it, but he never actually does more than sit next to it
My pool ain't that big, I only need one Mexican to take care of it. I'm taking it as a compliment fwiw.
And how many times have you used it in the last 12 months?
Pack Rat wrote:if it quacks like a duck and walk like a duck, it's still fascism

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p5349880
User avatar
2dimes
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Pepperoni Hug Spot.

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by 2dimes »

I definately can't swim as far as I used to, but I'm pretty sure I still know how to swim a little over the length of a standard pool.

Some of the lakes are pretty chilli here even once the ice is off.
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9365
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

Why is Saxi not on this list? Dudes a fat bag of bricks, he just sinks.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jusplay4fun »

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Why is Saxi not on this list? Dudes a fat bag of bricks, he just sinks.
why? because he made up the list and started this thread.
JP4Fun

Image
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9365
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

It's an unwritten rule that if you're going to make a poll about other CC users, you usually include yourself. But nooooooooooo, Saxi wants to break the mold because of special "can't swim snowflake" reasons.

Pussy!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jusplay4fun »

DirtyDishSoap wrote:It's an unwritten rule that if you're going to make a poll about other CC users, you usually include yourself. But nooooooooooo, Saxi wants to break the mold because of special "can't swim snowflake" reasons.

Pussy!
Now the Rule is written. Will it be Read and later Followed? by saxi..??
JP4Fun

Image
User avatar
DirtyDishSoap
Posts: 9365
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by DirtyDishSoap »

Did I just not write "unwritten" or is there a language barrier?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.
Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.
ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jusplay4fun »

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Did I just not write "unwritten" or is there a language barrier?
none here. BUT, you wrote the UNWRITTEN Rule, so.......

I will let DDS figure that part OUT. :lol:
JP4Fun

Image
User avatar
Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
Posts: 28239
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by Dukasaur »

Image
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
User avatar
jimboston
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jimboston »

saxitoxin wrote:- Ralph: deepest end of the pool he's been in is sitting in a jacuzzi
- 2dimes: can't swim because the water is always frozen over north of the 49th
- riskllama: trapped on an island so obviously doesn't know how to swim or he could have got off
- DDS: probably learned to swim from all the sailors he's put out for
- jimboston: his country club in Brookline undoubtedly has a private pool so he surely knows how to swim
- mcgee: I think he lives in California which means he has his own pool and a family of Mexicans to take care of it, but he never actually does more than sit next to it
I WISH we were rich enough to afford The Country Club.
(Yes that’s the name of the place “The Country Club”… it’s so exclusive they don’t need to bother telling you where it is…you either know of you don’t know. https://www.tcc1882.org/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp)

No… I learned to swim in the Ocean and in the many lakes and large ponds located in Massachusetts.

People not from here might not think of Massachusetts as “outdoorsy”. We certainly are very densely populated in the Greater Boston area… but you drive 30 minutes in any direction and there are plenty of nice lakes and ponds that are great for swimming and kayaking.
User avatar
2dimes
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Pepperoni Hug Spot.

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by 2dimes »

What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
User avatar
jimboston
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jimboston »

2dimes wrote:What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
Many people fish in New England, and many eat those fish… but in Eastern New England I don’t believe it is advised to eat the fish in the ponds and rivers here. I see people do it but it’s not advised I believe. Western Mass and other parts of New England upstream are likely fine probably fine.

Eastern Mass (and Eastern parts of NH, Rhode Island, CT) was very industrialized, probably the earliest and most industrialized place in the USA through the 1800’s when they didn’t worry about dumping shit into the ground or into local water. Though the water is tested and often safe for swimming, the sediment at the bottom on many ponds and streams is filled with toxins and heavy metals. I believe the fear is the fish eating bugs in that water or plants growing in that ground will likely contain said toxins and chemicals as well.

Eating a fish won’t kill you, but my understanding is that if consumed regularly these toxins are likely to build up in your system as well and can cause problems over time. I haven’t researched this recently, but that was what was advice years back… and since the sediment doesn;t really change quickly I would think the advice now would be the same.

Fish caught in the Ocean is a different matter as the Ocean has dispersed the chemicals more… and also the fish is often caught further offshore.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jusplay4fun »

jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
Many people fish in New England, and many eat those fish… but in Eastern New England I don’t believe it is advised to eat the fish in the ponds and rivers here. I see people do it but it’s not advised I believe. Western Mass and other parts of New England upstream are likely fine probably fine.

Eastern Mass (and Eastern parts of NH, Rhode Island, CT) was very industrialized, probably the earliest and most industrialized place in the USA through the 1800’s when they didn’t worry about dumping shit into the ground or into local water. Though the water is tested and often safe for swimming, the sediment at the bottom on many ponds and streams is filled with toxins and heavy metals. I believe the fear is the fish eating bugs in that water or plants growing in that ground will likely contain said toxins and chemicals as well.

Eating a fish won’t kill you, but my understanding is that if consumed regularly these toxins are likely to build up in your system as well and can cause problems over time. I haven’t researched this recently, but that was what was advice years back… and since the sediment doesn;t really change quickly I would think the advice now would be the same.

Fish caught in the Ocean is a different matter as the Ocean has dispersed the chemicals more… and also the fish is often caught further offshore.
Some toxins will bio-accumulate in fatty tissue of animals is one of the main concerns about eating the fish the jimb mentioned. This was the problem with DDT on bald eagles and the same for pregnant women being advised to avoid the mercury in tuna and mackerel. Since jimb hates when I link or post something authoritative on such matters, I will avoid. He will have to research the matter himself or take my word for it.
JP4Fun

Image
User avatar
jimboston
Posts: 5379
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jimboston »

jusplay4fun wrote:
jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
Many people fish in New England, and many eat those fish… but in Eastern New England I don’t believe it is advised to eat the fish in the ponds and rivers here. I see people do it but it’s not advised I believe. Western Mass and other parts of New England upstream are likely fine probably fine.

Eastern Mass (and Eastern parts of NH, Rhode Island, CT) was very industrialized, probably the earliest and most industrialized place in the USA through the 1800’s when they didn’t worry about dumping shit into the ground or into local water. Though the water is tested and often safe for swimming, the sediment at the bottom on many ponds and streams is filled with toxins and heavy metals. I believe the fear is the fish eating bugs in that water or plants growing in that ground will likely contain said toxins and chemicals as well.

Eating a fish won’t kill you, but my understanding is that if consumed regularly these toxins are likely to build up in your system as well and can cause problems over time. I haven’t researched this recently, but that was what was advice years back… and since the sediment doesn;t really change quickly I would think the advice now would be the same.

Fish caught in the Ocean is a different matter as the Ocean has dispersed the chemicals more… and also the fish is often caught further offshore.
Some toxins will bio-accumulate in fatty tissue of animals is one of the main concerns about eating the fish the jimb mentioned. This was the problem with DDT on bald eagles and the same for pregnant women being advised to avoid the mercury in tuna and mackerel. Since jimb hates when I link or post something authoritative on such matters, I will avoid. He will have to research the matter himself or take my word for it.
I’ve already taken the word of authorities that reported this years ago.

I believe I read it in the Boston Globe some 20+ years ago… but it doesn;t matter as I have no intention of eating local river fish anyway…. so there’s no need to retain the source.
User avatar
jusplay4fun
Posts: 8476
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Virginia

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by jusplay4fun »

jimboston wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
Many people fish in New England, and many eat those fish… but in Eastern New England I don’t believe it is advised to eat the fish in the ponds and rivers here. I see people do it but it’s not advised I believe. Western Mass and other parts of New England upstream are likely fine probably fine.

Eastern Mass (and Eastern parts of NH, Rhode Island, CT) was very industrialized, probably the earliest and most industrialized place in the USA through the 1800’s when they didn’t worry about dumping shit into the ground or into local water. Though the water is tested and often safe for swimming, the sediment at the bottom on many ponds and streams is filled with toxins and heavy metals. I believe the fear is the fish eating bugs in that water or plants growing in that ground will likely contain said toxins and chemicals as well.

Eating a fish won’t kill you, but my understanding is that if consumed regularly these toxins are likely to build up in your system as well and can cause problems over time. I haven’t researched this recently, but that was what was advice years back… and since the sediment doesn;t really change quickly I would think the advice now would be the same.

Fish caught in the Ocean is a different matter as the Ocean has dispersed the chemicals more… and also the fish is often caught further offshore.
Some toxins will bio-accumulate in fatty tissue of animals is one of the main concerns about eating the fish the jimb mentioned. This was the problem with DDT on bald eagles and the same for pregnant women being advised to avoid the mercury in tuna and mackerel. Since jimb hates when I link or post something authoritative on such matters, I will avoid. He will have to research the matter himself or take my word for it.
I’ve already taken the word of authorities that reported this years ago.

I believe I read it in the Boston Globe some 20+ years ago… but it doesn;t matter as I have no intention of eating local river fish anyway…. so there’s no need to retain the source.
Tuna and mackerel are ocean fish, and mercury can harm the brains of all humans, not just that of a fetus. So eating only fish from the ocean does not avoid the problem of bio-accumulation of toxins, such as mercury.

The rest of this is NOT for jimb; close your eyes, jimb.
Health Risks
Mercury and other pollutants can build up in the bodies of living things, especially larger fish people often eat. Mercury can harm brain development at relatively low levels and can be toxic to adults at high levels. Mercury is found in nearly all fish and is the biggest concern for eating fish.
https://health.ri.gov/healthrisks/poiso ... ng%20fish.
JP4Fun

Image
User avatar
ConfederateSS
Posts: 4090
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Least likely to know how to swim.

Post by ConfederateSS »

jusplay4fun wrote:
jimboston wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:
jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:What about fishing? You ever catch delicious fish in those ponds?
Many people fish in New England, and many eat those fish… but in Eastern New England I don’t believe it is advised to eat the fish in the ponds and rivers here. I see people do it but it’s not advised I believe. Western Mass and other parts of New England upstream are likely fine probably fine.

Eastern Mass (and Eastern parts of NH, Rhode Island, CT) was very industrialized, probably the earliest and most industrialized place in the USA through the 1800’s when they didn’t worry about dumping shit into the ground or into local water. Though the water is tested and often safe for swimming, the sediment at the bottom on many ponds and streams is filled with toxins and heavy metals. I believe the fear is the fish eating bugs in that water or plants growing in that ground will likely contain said toxins and chemicals as well.

Eating a fish won’t kill you, but my understanding is that if consumed regularly these toxins are likely to build up in your system as well and can cause problems over time. I haven’t researched this recently, but that was what was advice years back… and since the sediment doesn;t really change quickly I would think the advice now would be the same.

Fish caught in the Ocean is a different matter as the Ocean has dispersed the chemicals more… and also the fish is often caught further offshore.
Some toxins will bio-accumulate in fatty tissue of animals is one of the main concerns about eating the fish the jimb mentioned. This was the problem with DDT on bald eagles and the same for pregnant women being advised to avoid the mercury in tuna and mackerel. Since jimb hates when I link or post something authoritative on such matters, I will avoid. He will have to research the matter himself or take my word for it.
I’ve already taken the word of authorities that reported this years ago.

I believe I read it in the Boston Globe some 20+ years ago… but it doesn;t matter as I have no intention of eating local river fish anyway…. so there’s no need to retain the source.
Tuna and mackerel are ocean fish, and mercury can harm the brains of all humans, not just that of a fetus. So eating only fish from the ocean does not avoid the problem of bio-accumulation of toxins, such as mercury.

The rest of this is NOT for jimb; close your eyes, jimb.
Health Risks
Mercury and other pollutants can build up in the bodies of living things, especially larger fish people often eat. Mercury can harm brain development at relatively low levels and can be toxic to adults at high levels. Mercury is found in nearly all fish and is the biggest concern for eating fish.
https://health.ri.gov/healthrisks/poiso ... ng%20fish.
-----------But on a lighter side , of course fish is brain food....They travel in schools... ;) :D :lol: ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Post Reply

Return to “Acceptable Content”