Conquer Club

Conquer Club Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Club Olympics

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:44 pm

shaneback wrote:I'm confused by the scoring, Morleyjoe and i got a silver and a bronze, which is 4 pts total when you look at the individual scoring, but under usergroups, Atlantis only has 2 pts (we are both in Atlantis)

Thanks

Seems they corrected that Shane.

stealth99 wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:I'm in Canada, my internet provider is Canadian, and my IP location is in Canada, yet CC still thinks I'm in the USA. So I'm hoping it can be put on record that I'm playing for my home country!

Stay on top of that morley, we can't have the yanks stealing our talent =D>

And it seems they have caught that too! (Thanks for the compliment ;) )
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby jonofperu on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm home and can finally play the daily speed tourney... but I haven't seen any pop up yet. There will be at least one more tonight, right?
EDIT: Hey, one appeared! Come on guys, join up. I wanna get my speed tourney in. :D
Colonel jonofperu

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 am

What does that big number mean? there's a 600 beside my name/flag? how does it work?
Major Pirlo

Postby stealth99 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:06 pm

You can only join 1 opening Ceremonies. That same tournament will keep opening up and filling, so everyone has a chance to join.

I discovered this thing yesterday, less than 24 hours into it and I did not get a chance to join the Opening Ceremonies Tourney. Furthermore, there was some confusion as to the way this operated, due to some confusion in the original wording. My concern is that we had to be pretty on the ball to read about this and get in that first tourney so quickly. Will there be more, or is it done?

If it is done, does that mean that the majority of us who didn't make it are done for the blue star portion of this thing (because I noticed ribbons were associated with that tourney)? IF that is the case, may i suggest that you make an exception to these rules to provide for a bit of "wake-up" time and to compensate for any confusion. You could add that particular ribbon to another major tourney occurring later, so we're not out of this before it even begins (again, i am just referring to the portion of the contest involving the collection of all ten ribbons.). If you accommodated this request, the players who already got the ribbon wouldn't lose anything. It would just give the rest of us a chance to acquire it.

Also, for the record, I have been trying to join the Wheelchair Slalom all day and i suspect there is a glitch. It's been full and not moving all day.

Thanks doom, your good work is always appreciated sir.....by most of us at least :-)
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby Flirtz on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 pm

yeahh! got one medal for Brazil and beat the webmaster in first game.
Good luck for all
Sergeant Flirtz

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Pirlo wrote:What does that big number mean? there's a 600 beside my name/flag? how does it work?

the number changed, it's now 75 and I'm 2nd placed, no longer first... I'm still trying to figure our how the scoreboard works and what's that number..

Also, I like this Olympics feature... how often will it be played/arranged?
Major Pirlo

Postby jonofperu on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:29 am

Apparently the country score is weighted according to the number of CC users registered in your country. Since there are very few in Jordan, you get extra points for your country every time you score.
Colonel jonofperu

Postby TheFlashPoint on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 pm

My first and continuing impression of this tourney is that it's a fantastic improvement over previous challanges.

It's fun, it doesnt require an ungodly amount of time, and it showcases CC.

Congrats!
Major TheFlashPoint

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

I think its great except for the speed tourneys. Other night waited for an hour and a half and only 4 people out 16 signed up, so I dropped. Today have been waiting for 30 minutes and still the only 1 signed up. The winner will almost certainly be someone who can wait for these tourneys to start. That's a shame.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Could you maybe create another Oxen Jousting that is not speed. Not really fair here. Waited more than an hour again.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Pirlo on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:46 am

I like this Olympics thing so much but I believe it should be developed.. I think there should be more tourney and more chances to win more medals.. so maybe increase them?

Also, it doesn't make sense to compete for a silver medal in the speed tourney... they should award gold, silver and bronze... not sure if you can make a 3rd place game for the semi-finalist who lose in semi-finals to determine the 3rd place if you dun wanna award 2 bronze medals for both of em.. not a big deal though... it's just ridiculous to have the silver for #1 instead of gold!
Major Pirlo

Postby morleyjoe on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 am

Pirlo wrote:I like this Olympics thing so much but I believe it should be developed.. I think there should be more tourney and more chances to win more medals.. so maybe increase them?

Also, it doesn't make sense to compete for a silver medal in the speed tourney... they should award gold, silver and bronze... not sure if you can make a 3rd place game for the semi-finalist who lose in semi-finals to determine the 3rd place if you dun wanna award 2 bronze medals for both of em.. not a big deal though... it's just ridiculous to have the silver for #1 instead of gold!

Yes, maybe it should be Gold and Silver only....8 player event means that if you win one game, you'd get a bronze automatically, even if it was a double deadbeat and you went first....having two medals means you have to win 2 games to get one. (It would also mean I'd have a silver and bronze changed to gold and silver!)
Captain morleyjoe

Postby belize on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:35 pm

This is really confusing.
Lieutenant belize

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Pirlo wrote:I like this Olympics thing so much but I believe it should be developed.. I think there should be more tourney and more chances to win more medals.. so maybe increase them?

In an "Olympics" sense it is weird. In a games and players per points sense, it works out better.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Sir Riddick on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:45 am

im not one to complain , well i am, but having a speed tourny was good and all until 3 , 1minute , freestyle games started at once! wtf is that. by the time i clicked begin two other your turn start notifications would pop up. EVERY TIME.

Was this meant to happen or no.. I cant see that being staged.
Sergeant 1st Class Sir Riddick

Postby bazmac on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:01 am

JUst played the assdoodler speed tourney! WHOOSE STUPID IDEA WAS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! 3 1 minute freestyle speedgames play at the same time,DUMB BUT NOT AS DUMB AS ME FOR JOINING!!!!!
Corporal bazmac

Postby Sir Riddick on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 am

bazmac wrote:JUst played the assdoodler speed tourney! WHOOSE STUPID IDEA WAS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! 3 1 minute freestyle speedgames play at the same time,DUMB BUT NOT AS DUMB AS ME FOR JOINING!!!!!

It was the special olympics bro.
Sergeant 1st Class Sir Riddick

Postby bazmac on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 am

Just got the results: I came 6th, lol nearly everybody was kicked for missing turns, I was one of only 3 still playing, and I got dropped for the next round for guys who deadbeated, and continued to for the following rounds,WHAT A F'N JOKE!
Corporal bazmac

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 am

Sounds like speed autotournaments need to be adjusted so that games start one at a time.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 am

This is fucking retarded. What happened to common sense? These games should be deleted, points resorted and games remade.

Even better, I get eliminated from the first round and two deadbeats advance to the second round!

Must say, job very well fucking done here guys.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby TheFlashPoint on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am

Scoreboard says this tourney runs till August 30th. OP says August 3.
Major TheFlashPoint

Postby morleyjoe on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:36 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:This is fucking retarded. What happened to common sense? These games should be deleted, points resorted and games remade.

Even better, I get eliminated from the first round and two deadbeats advance to the second round!

Must say, job very well fucking done here guys.

I got knocked out of first round by 3 deadbeats!
Captain morleyjoe

Postby Endgame422 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

morleyjoe wrote:
I got knocked out of first round by 3 deadbeats!

Overall im pleased with this Olympics event.However,This little oversight needs to be addressed.players who deadbeat should just be dropped from the tourney,plain and simple. Otherwise keep up the good work!
Lieutenant Endgame422

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives