Conquer Club

new XML question

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

new XML question

Postby Oneyed on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:35 am

I can not find all possibilities of XML anywhere, so I have two questions:

1, is possible that at the start player will not receive 3 troops? so only if he will hold any bonus he will gain troops?
2, or better for me, at the start player will gain 3 troops, but then no one extra for more regions (12? 15)? so he will have 3 and extra troops when he will hold any bonus.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: new XML question

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:40 am

Oneyed wrote:I can not find all possibilities of XML anywhere, so I have two questions:

1, is possible that at the start player will not receive 3 troops? so only if he will hold any bonus he will gain troops?
2, or better for me, at the start player will gain 3 troops, but then no one extra for more regions (12? 15)? so he will have 3 and extra troops when he will hold any bonus.

Oneyed

For both questions the answer is yes. You can set reinforcements to any level from 0 to ?
You can have it in a sliding scale as it is now +1 for every 3 territs or +1 for every 4, so on and so on. Or you can set it so that all players will receive a set amount no matter how many territs they hold.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby natty dread on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 am

koontz1973 wrote:For both questions the answer is yes. You can set reinforcements to any level from 0 to ?

Nope, the minimum is 1. If you have 0 to deploy, the game engine won't let you assault or reinforce. Games would be kinda boring on a map where everyone starts with a 0 deploy...

Oneyed wrote:2, or better for me, at the start player will gain 3 troops, but then no one extra for more regions (12? 15)? so he will have 3 and extra troops when he will hold any bonus.

This is possible.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby zimmah on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:57 am

natty_dread wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:For both questions the answer is yes. You can set reinforcements to any level from 0 to ?

Nope, the minimum is 1. If you have 0 to deploy, the game engine won't let you assault or reinforce. Games would be kinda boring on a map where everyone starts with a 0 deploy...

Oneyed wrote:2, or better for me, at the start player will gain 3 troops, but then no one extra for more regions (12? 15)? so he will have 3 and extra troops when he will hold any bonus.

This is possible.

technically though you can make a -1 bonus along with a 1 initial troop deployment and then it will result in a net deployment of 0, leaving you no troops to deploy. however i don't know why anyone would want that.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby natty dread on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:40 am

zimmah wrote:technically though you can make a -1 bonus along with a 1 initial troop deployment and then it will result in a net deployment of 0, leaving you no troops to deploy. however i don't know why anyone would want that.

Technically you can, but it'd be pointless, at least until the game engine is fixed so it doesn't freeze up when you have 0 deploy.

Postby ender516 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:47 am

I thought I had recently played on a map where players were getting zero troops to deploy, but I can't remember which, and I honestly don't remember if said players were able to do anything other than start and end their turns. I don't recall a lot of whining, so I would think that they were able to attack with what they had left.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 am

There is a map that have negative bonuses which means players have a minus number to deploy. It does mean that the game engine only allows the player to start and end there turn. Again I cannot remember the map.

EDIT: Supermax Prison Riot will allow players to have negative bonuses and 0 to deploy.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:49 pm

ender516 wrote:I thought I had recently played on a map where players were getting zero troops to deploy, but I can't remember which, and I honestly don't remember if said players were able to do anything other than start and end their turns. I don't recall a lot of whining, so I would think that they were able to attack with what they had left.

I've had a zero deploy on Kab's recent Conquer Rome map, and I was able to take my turn fine.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:05 pm

It may have been fixed if that's true.

We're going to need some confirmation from the CA:s here...

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:38 pm

i can confirm seeing sully with a 0 bonus in conquer rome map.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 pm

But did he get to assault/reinforce on that turn?

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:14 pm

natty_dread wrote:But did he get to assault/reinforce on that turn?

yeah he could do anything.
he was pretty clueless about how the map played but he did assault and reinforce :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, then it's probably been fixed. It appears I was wrong again.

Postby ender516 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
ender516 wrote:I thought I had recently played on a map where players were getting zero troops to deploy, but I can't remember which, and I honestly don't remember if said players were able to do anything other than start and end their turns. I don't recall a lot of whining, so I would think that they were able to attack with what they had left.

I've had a zero deploy on Kab's recent Conquer Rome map, and I was able to take my turn fine.

-Sully

That is likely the one I was thinking of, as I recently finished a game on that map. So you could still attack and reinforce, despite having no troops to deploy, Sully?

EDIT: Geez, I have to start scrolling down before quoting and posting. Any way, my question stands.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Foundry Discussions