Conquer Club

NO OLYMPICS MAP

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

NO OLYMPICS MAP

Postby nietzsche on Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 am

Please don't make an Olympic Map, it's getting very lame, like with google and its doodles, but at least they know how to draw. Special Events Maps here are like .. "hey!! tomorrow is shit day, lets make a quick map, to make like we are always updating the site, ok, i'll draw a quick turd and you make the xml"

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Site will not be lame
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: NO OLYMPICS MAP

Postby agentcom on Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Can they make a "no olympics map" instead? That's what I thought this was going to be about. I don't particularly care for the Olympics, and I want to see a special event map in which terrorists break up the London Olympics. Athletes v. Terrorists. I would like this map to be made the day before the Olympics. It should be made quickly and look like a "quick turd" (whatever that is). Someone else should make the xml.
Colonel agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 27, 2012 9:30 am

agentcom wrote:Can they make a "no olympics map" instead? That's what I thought this was going to be about. I don't particularly care for the Olympics, and I want to see a special event map in which terrorists break up the London Olympics. Athletes v. Terrorists. I would like this map to be made the day before the Olympics. It should be made quickly and look like a "quick turd" (whatever that is). Someone else should make the xml.

+1

We need to bring back the "map skins" idea so that the no Olympics map can just be exactly the same as the London map - which doesn't sucks i must add.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DiM on Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 am

nietzsche wrote:Please don't make an Olympic Map, it's getting very lame, like with google and its doodles, but at least they know how to draw. Special Events Maps here are like .. "hey!! tomorrow is shit day, lets make a quick map, to make like we are always updating the site, ok, i'll draw a quick turd and you make the xml"

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Site will not be lame

+1.
can you also include in your suggestion that we don't want a EURO 2012 map either?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Sun May 27, 2012 9:41 am

Haha, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Super-Privileged Secret Foundry (tm) needs to justify their existence, so they will just keep on churning out absolute shit maps, no matter that no one in that groups knows jack shit about mapmaking...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, since this is going no where constructive. Locked.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Foundry Discussions