Conquer Club

Game of Thrones Mafia 9/24 Night 6: End Game Vote 4 MVP

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones Mafia 24/24 Start Wed Day 1 Start

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm pretty new to Mafia... played 4-5 games so far... all on CC. I think I've had some dealings with most of the folks playing this game. You can call me MudPuppy, Muddy, Mud, MP... or Ser Puppy, if you prefer.... just about anything recognizable will work.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby crasp on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 pm

This is my sixth game i think, may be seven. Usually play with the Gladiators but have ventured out once before. I have also moderated one game with supervision and would recommend it to anyone. Learned more in one game than I did in all the rest combined. Normally get called crasp. This can be abbreviated to crap however if you do this it wont be original and you will be filed away in the Scunthorpe category. Have fun all.
Sergeant crasp

Postby Epitaph1 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Jello everyone,

Epitaph1 of The New Crusade. I've been playing mafia for the past couple of years, primarily within the clan. I'm a big fan of the books but haven't watched the show.

Mud, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Although one warning; spoilers are everywhere. I've had several things blown for my by accident, but there are enough twists and turns that there were still plenty of surprises.

That said, it sounds like Storr isn't going by the storyline too much, so hopefully knowing the book/show won't matter too much.

---

We only have 72 hours to figure out what to do today. That means it will be dangerous to do much joke voting, lest people forget to move their jokevotes by the end of the day. I doubt we'll get a scum slip so quickly, but you never know, we could get lucky.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby legionnare on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey folks, I'm Legionnare, Legion/Leg for short, played a handful of games mostly within the clan. This is my first big game, going to be fairly hectic I'm guessing.

Have fun all.

Hopefully GRRM finishes off the book series before he snuffs it, can't wait to find out what happens.
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby jwiedlin on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi all,

jwiedlin here (or jawied, jwied). I'm a huge fan of the Song of Ice and Fire book and TV series. This sounds like a very interesting format for Mafia. We should expect a few surprises if this game is true to the spirit of GoT.

This is my third Mafia game. I met my demise last night in my second game.

My last two Mafia games were on the the Gladiators of Noxious clan forum.

FP leg
Captain jwiedlin

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 pm

I am Army of GOD and I'm an alcoholi...wait.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I am Army of GOD and I'm an alcoholi...wait.

You sure you are in the right forum?

AA is about 3 pages back. :)
New Recruit 27ninjabunnies

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:54 pm

I also love how it says at the bottom who are viewing the forum.

Zivel, Pancake, ya'll are here.

Speak and give me the insights of your minds.

Who do you think is more likely to be mafia in a game this size? Lurker mafia, or active mafia?

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:03 pm

And the above question is for anyone who wants to answer.

Postby Zivel on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:17 pm

I am studying at the moment and so leave my computer on, so you will probably see me online most of the time, but that dont mean I am actually here if that makes sense.

I think it will be easy for scum to lurk in a large game like this, but in reading the rules we all must vote. It does not say what happens if we dont vote but I think this should get people active.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 pm

I've played over a dozen games on this site in the last 3 years or so, I know almost everybody.
I am a big fan of the show but never read the books.

I know AOG pretty well from the off topics and it s the first time I ever see him play mafia.
So AOG, do you know what you are doing or did you just sign up because it was game of thrones? Are you happy with the character you got or is it a crappy one?
Major betiko

Postby firth4eva on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:26 pm

I've played quite a few games, but not for a few years. Recently started playing epicmafia again.

vote legionnaire for his costa rica flag
Captain firth4eva

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Zivel wrote:IIt does not say what happens if we dont vote but I think this should get people active.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:What is the penalty for not posting or voting? Death? If it is, this will be a game of attrition, not scum hunting...and I agree, it will be very quick.

StorrZerg wrote:Will depend on the case.
Could be warning.
Could be replacement
Last resort would be mod killed.

I know this wasn't asked, but i want to nip this in the bud, since it was mentioned earlier in the game.
Last edited by StorrZerg on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major StorrZerg

Re: Game of Thrones Mafia 24/24 Start Wed 16:00 Role Pms Sen

Postby jak111 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:42 pm

pancakemix wrote:FP'd a bit. Jak, you're making a lot of broad assumptions. Probably better to feel things out before we start postulating on this stuff.

I am just trying to figure out this city mechanic fully. It seems like fun. But it may be dangerous to post about which city we're in. So I'm just testing the waters to see if anyone confirms/denies my suspicion of that being dangerous.

Are you allowed to clarify anything specific about these cities Storr? I reread the OP and find myself wondering if this is a good/bad mechanic for us to use.

I wonder if there are any White Walkers in the game. That'd make an interesting faction.

Brace yourselves! Spoilers is coming!

show

Might as well do this introduction thing. I'm Jak, been around for a long while now. I probably belong in an asylum for insane people. :lol:

I will be pretty quick bouncing a few theories here and there, see if any stick to work on. Right now a lot of us are in the dark here. A few theories and maybe I can solve a bit of it. :twisted:

FP'd twice.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:11 pm

27ninjabunnies wrote:I also love how it says at the bottom who are viewing the forum.

Who do you think is more likely to be mafia in a game this size? Lurker mafia, or active mafia?

Like Zivel, I'm not always actually here when I'm "here". Also, many people hide their online status, so some of them may be here despite not appearing as such.

Generally, I'd lean toward a lurker mafia in this size of game, but given the restrictions Storr has put in place I think people will be more likely to stay active at least somewhat. Then again, one post per day is about what some people average on here.

I am just trying to figure out this city mechanic fully. It seems like fun. But it may be dangerous to post about which city we're in. So I'm just testing the waters to see if anyone confirms/denies my suspicion of that being dangerous.

Well, I shouldn't say it in such a way as to shut down discussion of it completely and I second your question to Storr about it, but I'd hold that it wouldn't be prudent to reveal too much about the city mechanic until we know more about it.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby boonetown on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi!

I'm boonetown (boone, booner BT i guess?), but my name is Ja'cey and you can call me whatever you want. I'd even answer to shebitch. I have been playing mafia for years, mostly in person until 2 years ago when i found epicmafia. Was a mod there for a while, then started video mafia about 10 months ago. This is my 3rd forum game however.

I think that at this point in time i really like my girl bunnies. she's been asking questions i've found helpful, leading conversation, and if she plays forum mafia anything like she plays video mafia, she's town sided here.

that's about it for now.
Private 1st Class boonetown

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Just one post a day?

If we could actually lynch mafia with one post a day each, we'd be the best mafia players ever.

However, that is highly unlikely. Especially with tamburini playing in this game.

@Pancake/JAK-So coming out with the city thing is weird.
And here's why. We don't know mafia win condition, nor other win conditions of roles.
For all we know, mafia might not have known there were cities. You coming out with that might have given them a ton of information.

However, easy newbie mistake, and I'll place you as town for it.

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:28 pm

boonetown wrote:Hi!

I'm boonetown (boone, booner BT i guess?), but my name is Ja'cey and you can call me whatever you want. I'd even answer to shebitch. I have been playing mafia for years, mostly in person until 2 years ago when i found epicmafia. Was a mod there for a while, then started video mafia about 10 months ago. This is my 3rd forum game however.

I think that at this point in time i really like my girl bunnies. she's been asking questions i've found helpful, leading conversation, and if she plays forum mafia anything like she plays video mafia, she's town sided here.

that's about it for now.

Hi bbgirl<3
Super excited to be playing forum with you!!!!
;)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:32 pm

I would be skeptical of trusting the people in your own groups too much. Say Kings Landing. Could have some good characters like Selmy or Sansa Stark, some third parties like Varys and Littlefinger and some evil characters like Cersei and Tywin. Just to name a few. Same goes with the Riverlands, the Riverlands could have Robb and Catelyn Stark but also potentially Roose Bolton and Walder Frey. In fact, it is possible that being part of one group doesn't prevent you from being part of another that some others in that group aren't (Cough mafia cough). So I guess what I am saying is that I am not sure what to do with the quicktopic groups or what significance they could have is yet. Obviously the people in my group know where I reside but until I have a better grasp on the nature of the groups, I am not going to say anything about where I am located and as someone just said while I was writing this...even this much may be too much information.

Beyond that, I am going to be a bit busier than I expected for the next few days and I am likely to go out of town entirely for a few days during the week of July 4th. For now, I should be able to post at least once every 24 hours.

27ninjabunnies wrote:I also love how it says at the bottom who are viewing the forum.

Generally speaking, lurkers are more likely but I agree with what others have said about Storr's policies. Beyond that a lot of it depends on the actual player. Some are generally more quiet in general and some (like me) at least try to stay active and helpful regardless of alignment and game size.

Anyways, most of you know me. I am Strike Wolf. You can call me Strike or Wolf if you want...just nothing ending with a y or an ie. Long time mafia player from Atlanta, Georgia. I am caught up in both the show and the books. -Valar Morghulis. You know somehow that sounds even more ominous in the thread.

So there is something I used in the last CYOC game. It still needs some ironing out but I think it is potentially a good tool to use going forward:

strike wolf wrote:So don't want to disrupt from the joke votes normally but with a game this size some thoughts occur to me. Really this is the first time we have had this many players in a game for a while and it could be trouble keeping up with all of them. What I am suggesting is have each player watch each other. No two players will watch themselves as this should prevent mutual scummarining if they are mafia allies.
Anyways. This list isn't so that people focus in on investigating that one person. It is merely that you would be responsible for making sure that one person doesn't go inactive and note in thread if he does. To further prevent lying, the person above them could make sure that the person that they check is doing their due diligence in regards to making sure their target is staying active. As far as scumhunting, that is still up to everyone to do and not something to slack on by saying "well this person is checking on this person."

In this case, I am just going to go straight down the playing order:

1. MudPuppy>Jmac
2. Jmac1026>Pancake
3. pancakemix>Neb
4. Nebuchadnezer>Jak (Didn't you watch him last time too?)
5. Jak111>Hotshot
6. HotShot53>Crasp
7. Crasp>Strike
8. Strike Wolf>Charm
9. charm>Zivel
10. Zivel>Iron Butterfly
11. Iron Butterfly>Jonty
12. Jonty125>Army of God
13. Army of God >KGB
14. kgb007>Epitaph
15. Epitaph1>Jwiedlin
16. jwiedlin >Legion
17. legionnare>Pretender
18. pretender77 >Pershy
19. pershy>Tamburini
20. Mtamburini>Firth
21. firth4eva>Boone
22. boonetown>Betiko
23. betiko>27ninjas
24. 27ninjabunnies >Mudpuppy

Any comments?

Finally, AoG used to play mafia fairly often but this is the first time he's joined one in at least a couple of years.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Ebwop: In part so that I can go ahead and vote today in case I forget to later: viewtopic.php?f=213&t=205977
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Just one post a day?

If we could actually lynch mafia with one post a day each, we'd be the best mafia players ever.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a touch, but I know some here to be frequent posters and others not to be. Nothing I'd call grossly inactive in a typical situation, but that is the natural order of things.

27ninjabunnies wrote:@Pancake/JAK-So coming out with the city thing is weird.
And here's why. We don't know mafia win condition, nor other win conditions of roles.
For all we know, mafia might not have known there were cities. You coming out with that might have given them a ton of information.

I never stated I was in a city. I only stated that I am curious about how it works and that it would be best if those who were didn't say to much until we got clarification.

FP'd by SW: I'm down to do the list thing

Neb has yet to post.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 pm

JAK said he was in a city. That was more geared towards him, not you.

Also, love your signature. We should never trust you, eh?

So I asked that question for the reason that I tend to disagree with that lurkers are more likely to be mafia. I find that mafia tend to be in the more active players, but then again, the night kills tend to tell whether or not its lurker mafia play or active mafia play, so I suppose we shall see.

As for the list, it could work, but it could also not work. Having to be accountable for one person in a huge game like this I believe takes away from reading outside of that next person. Therefore, I will not be using your list. Sorry, but not really.

Postby firth4eva on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:49 pm

27ninjabunnies wrote:Just one post a day?

However, that is highly unlikely. Especially with tamburini playing in this game.

@Pancake/JAK-So coming out with the city thing is weird.

However, easy newbie mistake, and I'll place you as town for it.

Heh, is this information a bad thing? it's just as beneficial to town I'd say. Most people are in cities I would argue, based on the amount of people in my city and the amount of cities and players. I'd fos you, but putting someone as town despite a mistake is fairly unscummy, so I trust you. But I think general information isn't necessarily solely beneficial to the mafia

As for the list, I think we're just watching for posts
Captain firth4eva

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Hey all, to introduce myself, I found this section of the forums a few months ago (just after the last GoT mafia started, was sad I missed it and sad it was abandoned), and since then I've joined almost every game. I've never played on any other sites, just played in real life a few times in the past before here.

jak111 wrote:
I wonder if there are any White Walkers in the game. That'd make an interesting faction.

I could imagine white walkers as a cult here... wouldn't surprise me at all.

As for the cities, I don't know what purpose they serve right now, since my guess is they all (or at least most of them) have a mix of town/mafia/3rd party/cult/whatever else is thrown in the game. Maybe later after they get depopulated some, if you trust the other members of your town then they can be used as a sort of mason thing, but until then I don't see much reason for them.

strike's list idea seemed to be a good idea in CYOC, although too many people didn't really use it to be fully effective. As firth4eva said, the list is just to make sure the person you are "watching" is active and posts enough, to prevent some scummarizing. You still have to look at everyone for scum reads etc. though.
Major HotShot53

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:04 pm

27ninjabunnies wrote:JAK said he was in a city. That was more geared towards him, not you.

It sounded pointed toward the both of us, but fair enough.

Also, love your signature. We should never trust you, eh?

:lol: That has more to do with my modding than anything else. My games (especially CYOC games) can get... eccentric. :P

So I asked that question for the reason that I tend to disagree with that lurkers are more likely to be mafia. I find that mafia tend to be in the more active players, but then again, the night kills tend to tell whether or not its lurker mafia play or active mafia play, so I suppose we shall see.

I do tend to agree with that sentiment, though I feel in the early stages of large games mafia will coast more than in the late game/smaller games.
Epic Win

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives