Conquer Club

Closed ESQuire/tabletalk [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

ESQuire/tabletalk [ka]

Postby evilweasel75 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 pm

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=19778761

First i should say i really dont like to go to this extreme but i feel i have to because my when i review the sites fair play guidelines i am convinced this player is crossing the line every round.

My complaint is i am in a 3 way dubs match(link above),one of team 2's players,ESQuire started scolding team 1 that they were not doing enough to curb my teams advancement,team 3. From that point myself and ESQuire trade assaults every turn,which i was expecting and slowly losing. Im cool with that as it comes with the game.
The game turns heavily in team 2's favor as a result, i accept i lost the battle...however team 2's ESQuire continues coaching team 1 which i really dont consider fair play because Esquire is going as far as telling team 1 where to deploy,which route to take and esquire reveals his own success and also reveals he has moved out of the way. This is a fog game i should add so this information unfairly puts my team at a huge disadvantage trying to fight 2 teams. We (team 3) have the fewest territory count,one of us on the verge of elimination due to this form of table talk in a fog game.

Im not a nancy and have thick skin but im sure if i could please get a mod to go in the game link i provided and read the log that i might be right and this ESQuire player could be in the wrong.

If i was right i would like this player removed from the game or even myself at no cost of points to me.

]
Corporal 1st Class evilweasel75

Re: ESQuire/tabletalk

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:27 am

What rule has he broken?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby ESQuire on Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:50 am

Evilweasel75, I see that you are new to the site, so I can see how this bothers you, but collaboration between teams in a 3+ team game is not only acceptable, but exceedingly common, just as if we were sitting around a board game at home. However, I do take issue with your misrepresentations of fact. You are certainly not as weak as you portray. Your team has been pulling more troops than either of the other 2 teams consistently (for more than 1 round). Just this current round: team 1 (14 troops), my team 2 (13 troops), your team 3 (19 troops). If team 1 and 2 did/do not work together, team 3 will win the game.
As for the fog-aspect, this would require more analysis and subtle inspection of who said what when under what knowledge. Team 1 was the first to suggest that team 2 go for the warden, even though team 1 could not see the warden. Team 1 had sufficient knowledge of the map and awareness of the logs to understand a main reason for team 3's big deploys was their possession of the warden. My further direction built on that knowledge that Team 1 already had. I did not reveal troop counts. If omniscient arbiters look through the logs, they will see. As it stands, team 3 is still too strong for warden to be breached.
Again, EvilWeasel, I understand that you may not like it when 2 weaker teams join forces to bring a 3rd team back to the pack, but that is a common and accepted part of the game on CC, and (I'd argue) a human characteristic in game-play worldwide.
Major ESQuire

Postby evilweasel75 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:31 am

My main argument is fog. I wont budge on that, theirs no point of fog if it can be brushed aside for ''coordination''. I didn't misrepresent nothing in my opinion,and the chat doesnt seem like coordination,it seems revengeful for some unknown offence.
Im not worried about being wrong in this case because i cant fault my own perception and if im told im wrong at least we newcomers will learn how far a team can go disregarding fog,in the situation you explain.
Thanks for your rebuttal, no hard feelings--i dont have really anything else to say about it. Be safe
Corporal 1st Class evilweasel75

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:38 am

“Breaking fog” isn’t against the rules. Teams can reveal troop numbers (or lie about them) as they see fit as long as all jockeying / info is made public in chat and not on walls and PM’s. Teams can believe or not believe what they wish
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby king achilles on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:55 pm

IcePack wrote:“Breaking fog” isn’t against the rules. Teams can reveal troop numbers (or lie about them) as they see fit as long as all jockeying / info is made public in chat and not on walls and PM’s. Teams can believe or not believe what they wish

^ This. Feel free to put him on your Foe list and rate him accordingly as you see fit.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Return to Closed C&A Reports