Conquer Club

Closed ncardoso - game throwing(SN)

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

ncardoso - game throwing(SN)

Postby Kevi on Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 am

Accused:

ncardoso

The accused are suspected of:

Other: <game throwing>

Game number(s):

Game 19708253

Comments: In round 50 of a 50 rounds tournament game he has suicided into me to prevent me from winning and progressing in the tournament.

He has attacked me in Dubai and taken 45 troops and also in Vancouver where he has taken a further 24 troops. This has gifted the game to Jim1086.

Neither Jim nor ncardaso had any chance of progressing in the tournament

I have rated him accordingly and foed and moved on - but I think a warning is deserved if it may help to prevent him behaving like this in the future.

I have posted a link to this thread on his wall.
Captain Kevi

Re: ncardoso - game throwing

Postby Donelladan on Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 am

If this doesn't help neither Jim nor ncardaso, why do you think he did that ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Kevi on Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 am

Donelladan wrote:If this doesn't help neither Jim nor ncardaso, why do you think he did that ?

I have no idea - I hope he will reply to this thread and explain it.

The benefit to Jim was hae got the points.
Captain Kevi

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat May 30, 2020 11:53 am

You can't legislate how someone plays the game, whether you like it or not. If he chose to attack you, whatever the reason, that's within his right. You did what you can do - foe him and rate him poorly. This is not a complaint worthy offense man.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Mad777 on Sat May 30, 2020 12:24 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:You can't legislate how someone plays the game, whether you like it or not. If he chose to attack you, whatever the reason, that's within his right. You did what you can do - foe him and rate him poorly. This is not a complaint worthy offense man.

I guess you miss the point of the « game throwing » meaning...it is against the rule if you do it without be on a winning position, reading the log he has no way of winning and therefore can’t be the décider who move on or not in a tournament. If you know you have 0 chance to pass the cut then leave it and let the potential winners acting themselves. That’s the point.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:You can't legislate how someone plays the game, whether you like it or not. If he chose to attack you, whatever the reason, that's within his right. You did what you can do - foe him and rate him poorly. This is not a complaint worthy offense man.

I guess you miss the point of the « game throwing » meaning...it is against the rule if you do it without be on a winning position, reading the log he has no way of winning and therefore can’t be the décider who move on or not in a tournament. If you know you have 0 chance to pass the cut then leave it and let the potential winners acting themselves. That’s the point.

This!

If everyone was allowed to behave in this way, people could make deals to help each other advance in a case where one of them will lose anyway. "If I'm losing, I will help you win, you do the same for me." That's why game throwing is against the rules in tournies. If some noob does it in a non-tournament setting because they didn't like your diplomacy or something, it's not the biggest deal so long as they aren't systematically doing this in games. Then you can just foe them and you'll never have to play them again.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Re: ncardoso - game throwing(SN)

Postby sniffie on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:30 pm

Is this the only game?

From the game log I cannot tell if the rules are violated.
Do you have some more info?

Sniffie
Sergeant 1st Class sniffie
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: ncardoso - game throwing(SN)

Postby sniffie on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:05 am

Closed
Sergeant 1st Class sniffie
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Closed C&A Reports