Conquer Club

Cleared ReverandGreen; game throwing [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

ReverandGreen; game throwing [ka]

Postby Trade Monopoly on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 am

Accused:

ReverandGreen

The accused are suspected of:

Other: <Game throwing>

Game number(s):

Game 19773594

Comments:

In this game, ReverandGreen (yellow) controlled the agate hills. Lime reigned in the north, whilst silver had taken hold of the south. Me (orange) and blue had gotten stuck in the middle without a bonus; blue in the rainforest in between silver and lime, me in the fruit pickers in the junction between silver, lime and yellow. Red was also still kicking around somewhere in the west, but was eliminated fairly soon.

For a few rounds (in the late teens), me, yellow and lime were trading paddys green for spoils (me from mareeba, lime from biboorah and yellow from mba wetlands). As such, yellow and lime had adjoining stacks protecting their respective borders.

Yellow seemed to find this threatening, as he tried and failed to take out lime's stack at least twice. Neither of these times, lime retorted (as far as I can remember, he never initiated an attack on yellow either). The latter time yellow tried to goad me into helping him, claiming in the process that lime was "running away with this 50 round game"; I pointed out to him that he'd actually weakened lime to the point where silver had a clear lead, and attacking lime would only make the situation worse (I felt tactful enough not to point out the idiocy of someone with the 2nd largest bonus and troop count "running away" with a 50 round game on round 20).

Yellow agreed with me in the chat that silver seemed threatening. Thereafter, lime offered me to take control of fruit pickers (presumably to act as a buffer against silver and yellow's antics) and pulled his stack back into his own territory. Yellow, despite his previous message, took another shot at lime and actually managed to break through into his bonus this time, pulling his own troops back into his agate hills bonus afterwards. I took over fruit pickers and matched yellow's troops on our new border. On his turn, silver attacked yellow and occupied innot hot springs. Yellow, in turn, rather than diverting his troops from my border to defend himself, saw fit to run everything he had into me in a mind-boggling kamikaze move, effectively ruining his game and most likely also mine.

I must emphasize here that at no point in the game had I made any aggressive moves towards yellow (or, up to this point, criticized him in any non-constructive way). The only reason he had to act this way was me not playing along with his mindless agenda to ensure silver's victory. He even stated in the chat (indirectly, but unmistakably) that he suicided into me specifically for this reason. Players around his rank and rating being clueless and ruining otherwise decent games with their inane logic is one thing, but being petty and vindictive over someone else not playing into it feels unacceptable.

I don't know if they're necessary, but I've attached my snapshots from rounds 22 and 23 from that game (before and after yellow's kamikaze move). Sorry about the poor colour scheme, I'm using the dark theme on chrome which messes them up.
Attachments
round 23.jpg
round 23 snapshot (after the attack)
round 22.jpg
round 22 snapshot (before the attack)
Private 1st Class Trade Monopoly

Re: ReverandGreen; game throwing

Postby YukFoo on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 am

Fruit pickers? I love the widely accepted Trump terminology!
Cook YukFoo

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am

This is ridiculous. Stupid play? Yeah, clearly. But reporting for game throwing because he's an idiot? Come on. This game throwing thing is so out of hand, foe him and don't play with him again. He clearly is just a shit player, you can't report someone simply because you don't like how they play.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 am

And he has a whole 18 games under his belt. Obviously trying to figure out how the whole thing works. We all did dumb shit when we first started. Hell, we all still do dumb shit from time to time. Wouldn't this have been better used as a teaching moment to a new player as opposed to a spurious report?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Trade Monopoly on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:39 pm

I haven't been around for very long myself, so I don't know how "out of hand" the reporting on this is. All I know is I saw it in the rules, so I felt it was worth doing. I can foe him and avoid playing with him again, sure, but there's no telling how many times he's going to do the same to others before he learns.

Trust me, I'd rather settle these kinds of situations as "teaching moments", as you put it, and as I mentioned I explained to him earlier in the game chat why I couldn't help him and why he shouldn't be doing what he was doing either in a perfectly neutral tone, and he completely ignored it. If he refuses to listen and breaks the rules in the process, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth reporting.
Private 1st Class Trade Monopoly

Postby king achilles on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:09 pm

I can not, for the life of me, clearly see different colored troops in those two images you posted, with the exception for the Agate Hills. This looks to be just a matter of difference in gameplay where we tell someone how he should make his move and when the player does the opposite or doesn't agree, it usually ends up being seen as a suspicious play.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby YukFoo on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:This is ridiculous. Stupid play? Yeah, clearly. But reporting for game throwing because he's an idiot? Come on. This game throwing thing is so out of hand, foe him and don't play with him again. He clearly is just a shit player, you can't report someone simply because you don't like how they play.

Indeed. It looks like he is just a noob, and he doesn't even realize he is playing like a dipshit! That basically sums up how I play!
Cook YukFoo

Return to Closed C&A Reports