Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - The Trojan War

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should I continue with this map?

Poll ended at Tue May 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Total votes : 0

[Abandoned] - The Trojan War

Postby mibi on Tue May 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Well, I thought I'd post my next map project. But I decided to post it bit by bit as I work on it. I have a completed draft done, and am working on the final graphics, which you see below.

Yes, it is a large map. 1200x800. Its a scroller! deal with it!. It is also 192 territories, perfect for 8 player and 6 player games, no neutrals. Although it may be reduced to 168. It is also historical, but that is all I will say about it.

I will be very busy in the next few months but hopefully I can get it finished after the xml updated which will make much of it possible.

Ok, this is the top portion, the realm of worship and military dedication.

First I must say that it is not in its finished state, I still have to juggle stuff around and make it look better, but i wanted to throw it out there.

so read the rules. basically, the continent bonuses are relatively small, i might make them smaller, so to get an advantage you need to have a hero on your side, or two. once you have a hero or two you might be able to 'sacrifice' enough men to the other realm and win the favor of the gods. then your on a rolls. but the the gods and hero's are non-deployable, meaning that you wont be able to place 10 armies from a cashed set right on zeus, you will need to conquer from the bottom up, pay your dues in blood.

the biggest problem this creates is that once you are eliminated from the mortal realm, your done! the soul cannot live without the body, so you can deploy anywhere. of course if you have no armies ont he actual board then your pretty much dead anyways. but im not sure how it would actually work in the game.

the god bonuses are cool because they reflect the actual gods. zeus is king, hades is lord of the underworld, posiedon rules the seas, ares has no extra bonus because he just gets a ton of armies for being the god of war, and hermes is the messanger. I couldnt think of appropriate bonuses for the other gods, maybe some of the new xml can be a factor.

anyways, there is much to discuss...

Did I mention it is massive?
Latest:
Click image to enlarge.

Seventeenth
Click image to enlarge.

Sixteenth
Click image to enlarge.

Fifteenth
Click image to enlarge.

Fourteenth
[img]
Click image to enlarge.

Thirteenth
Click image to enlarge.

Eleventh and Twelfth
Click image to enlarge.

Ninth and Tenth
Click image to enlarge.

Eigth
Click image to enlarge.

Seventh
Click image to enlarge.

Sixth
Click image to enlarge.

Fifth
Click image to enlarge.

Fourth
Click image to enlarge.

Third:
Click image to enlarge.

second:
Click image to enlarge.

first:
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by mibi on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Captain mibi

Postby dominationnation on Tue May 08, 2007 6:23 pm

oh come on this will be driving me nuts for the whole year if you dont give me the whole pic now

give it to me NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw 8-[ 8-[
Cook dominationnation

Postby ericwdhs on Tue May 08, 2007 6:34 pm

This is driving me nuts. What is it? Can you give us a hint? Is the white building a temple, a pyramid, or what? Or is there a prize for the first person who guesses right? lol...
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby aceage on Tue May 08, 2007 7:03 pm

Didn't you say something about a WORLD 3.0
That will be a massive map
Sergeant 1st Class aceage

Postby ericwdhs on Tue May 08, 2007 7:14 pm

aceage wrote:Didn't you say something about a WORLD 3.0
That will be a massive map
Yeah, I planned on doing that. However, I don't have the liberty of putting it on its side... It would be cool if CC got rid of the 600 pixel requirement.
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby mibi on Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 pm

dominationnation wrote:oh come on this will be driving me nuts for the whole year if you dont give me the whole pic now

give it to me NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw 8-[ 8-[

I dont have the whole pic to give. patience.... ;)
Captain mibi

Postby dominationnation on Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm

you must really hate me :cry: :cry:
Cook dominationnation

Postby mibi on Tue May 08, 2007 7:31 pm

ericwdhs wrote:This is driving me nuts. What is it? Can you give us a hint? Is the white building a temple, a pyramid, or what? Or is there a prize for the first person who guesses right? lol...

It's a palace, but it will function as a temple. ;)
Captain mibi

Postby ericwdhs on Tue May 08, 2007 7:55 pm

That doesn't help much. How historically accurate is your map? Are those buildings accurate?
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby mibi on Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 pm

ericwdhs wrote:That doesn't help much. How historically accurate is your map? Are those buildings accurate?

No the individual buildings are not accurate, but the shape of the general area is accurate more or less. It's hard to be very accurate when the history is well over 1000 years old. It's accuracy is really anyones guess.
Captain mibi

Postby Evil Pope on Tue May 08, 2007 8:47 pm

Jerusalem?.. Just a guess in the dark.. Well, sorta.
Sergeant Evil Pope

Postby Evil DIMwit on Tue May 08, 2007 8:50 pm

Evil Pope wrote:Jerusalem?.. Just a guess in the dark.. Well, sorta.

That would be my first guess.
Captain Evil DIMwit

Postby Evil Pope on Tue May 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Evil DIMwit wrote:
Evil Pope wrote:Jerusalem?.. Just a guess in the dark.. Well, sorta.

That would be my first guess.

Yes. being that its significance.. and the apparent location from what you can see of the map.. I think its it.. or close..
I hope i'm right.. that'd be a first for me.
Sergeant Evil Pope

Postby ericwdhs on Tue May 08, 2007 9:48 pm

haha... I initially thought of Jerusalem but they had pretty accurate maps of it back then and that section doesn't look like it's anything from any maps I've seen. mibi sounds like he's implying that it's something a little less documented. Though I haven't had time to look into it, I had thought about Carthage, Tripoli, Constantinople, and Troy as possible locations this could be. Maybe it's Rome. Maybe it's Thermopylae. It could be anything for all we know right now. It would have to be an important battle to deserve a map this massive though. Jerusalem would be cool map though if that's what it is...
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby mmango6 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:08 pm

I definitely think it's going to be Troy. If so, I approve 100%
Sergeant mmango6

Postby john1099 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 pm

shit,
i forget what that city that got buried by the volcanic ash is called, but is it that?
Pompai?
Maybe?
No?
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby cosmin on Tue May 08, 2007 11:32 pm

just a hint...... please :!:
Romania-i tara mea, si buna si rea
O iubesc, ma mandresc ca m-am nascut in ea,

Corporal cosmin

Postby mibi on Tue May 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Here is another 'continent'. Just a little sleepy farming community. They like irrigating from the river that flows from east to north west.

Captain mibi

Postby sully800 on Wed May 09, 2007 12:27 am

I definitely think this is Troy. 8)

And I've said statements similar to this many times, but with WidowMakers/KEYOGI/mibi on hand, the map foundry is in the best state it has ever seen, by far.

That is not to slight many of the other current cartographers- all maps that have been made recently are head and shoulders above what the images used to look like, and I applaud all on their fine efforts. But the 3 I just singled out have some absolutely extraordinary image skills.
Major sully800

Postby john1099 on Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am

sully800 wrote:I definitely think this is Troy. 8)

And I've said statements similar to this many times, but with WidowMakers/KEYOGI/mibi on hand, the map foundry is in the best state it has ever seen, by far.

That is not to slight many of the other current cartographers- all maps that have been made recently are head and shoulders above what the images used to look like, and I applaud all on their fine efforts. But the 3 I just singled out have some absolutely extraordinary image skills.

Hey, they're all better than my stick figures/ fingerpainting idea's i've thought of ;)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby Coleman on Wed May 09, 2007 1:17 am

Coleman has seen this map in its draft state and is, if anything, more excited and in suspense over these small graphical reveals then the rest of you.

That said, no amount of begging or offers of free premium membership will get me to post more about the subject until mibi deems it appropriate.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby ericwdhs on Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 am

Coleman, how about a million dollars? haha... Just kidding...

East to Northwest? Ooo... that does sound like Troy. I semi-called it first earlier. hehe...

I guess the first continent he posted was actually Troy. That explains the palace, the wall, the architecture style, and the fact the city has only 2 entrances towards its rear.

Let's see if it unveils itself somewhat like this:

EDIT: I think Troy's the mark. Coleman's been on and he hasn't responded here. :D
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby Risktaker17 on Wed May 09, 2007 5:56 am

Troy does sound good but I don't think its that. Whatever it is it looks real good. Very visually pleasing. But THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!
Captain Risktaker17

Postby cosmin on Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 am

:lol: your just having so much fun seeing us being so unpatient about the map :wink:
Romania-i tara mea, si buna si rea
O iubesc, ma mandresc ca m-am nascut in ea,

Corporal cosmin

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 am

Hmmm... Interesting...

Could be Camelot?

Or I thought of that castle in LOTR (not helms deep) but I don't think it is as the main battle was in front of the gates not behind it!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Next

Return to Recycling Box