Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Alaska

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should all the territs in the same continent be the same color?

Total votes : 0

Re: Alaska v5

Postby Danyael on Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 am

LED ZEPPELINER wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:for some reason, i am very bothered by the fact that the various territories in any given "continent" bonus group are not uniform in color...

i have been telling him he should make them all the same, but he doesn't. i agree with you whitestazn

i voted for solid as well i wouldn't play this as is due to my colourblindness its to hard to look at
Corporal 1st Class Danyael

Postby tlane on Sat May 16, 2009 2:56 pm

After a long await I finally have the new version

Click image to enlarge.

Changed:
-colors
-mountains(took out river)
-added a shperize effect
other changes

Working On:
-spherize effect - in response to oak's comment I tired putting some effect of the map to make it look more like it was bigger(more on top of the world). After experimenting with this, I found that the sherize effect seemed to work the best(even though it causes problems with changes in the future), but now after talking WM about the great lakes map he told me another way. To do this it would mean an almost complete overhaul of the map and I am not sure how necessary it is. Any Comments
-I am also working on the mountains, still dont know if they fit in perfectly well

I am going to keep the color poll up and wait for a few more votes before it is decided

sorry it took so long, i have had a lot of school work
Private tlane

Re: [poll] Alaska v6 - finally

Postby el-presidente on Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 pm

The Inside Passage on the minimap and bonus key is a different color than the one on the main map.
Private el-presidente

Postby tlane on Sat May 16, 2009 5:02 pm

el-presidente wrote:The Inside Passage on the minimap and bonus key is a different color than the one on the main map.

forgot to change that, i will do it
Private tlane

Postby oaktown on Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 am

my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise. :?

And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...
Captain oaktown

Postby demonfork on Sun May 17, 2009 3:27 am

oaktown wrote:my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise. :?

And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...

Space is the "final" frontier not the "last".
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby tlane on Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 am

oaktown wrote:my vote is for same color - as a color blind player I can't tell which colors go together. Takotna and Talkeetma look the same to me, but the mini map would suggest otherwise. :?

i think it is decided to make it that same color wins, so that will be in the next update

demonfork wrote:
oaktown wrote:And isn't space the last frontier? Think I may of heard that in a movie recently...

Space is the "final" frontier not the "last".

this is the link i found that at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska#State_symbols

maybe I will change it to "Seward's Icebox"

thanks for the comments
keep 'em coming

tlane
Private tlane

Re: [poll] Alaska v6

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:06 am

Removing the rivers is not a good choice in my opinion. They will give you some good impassables, and also i don't think you can do a map of alaska without the famous yukon river ;)

You have to fix colors on legend. (doing like the main map)
The green arrow from Takotna to Talkeetna isn't so visible.
The small layout of this map is yet a problem... you have to focus on it....you talked about a spherize effect tested but probably you abandoned the idea not to do a complete overhaul.
I know that is a hard work, but i'm sure that it will give to your map a new light!

Come on tlane...we want an update! :)
Keep it on!

thenobodies80
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Re:

Postby RjBeals on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 am

Click image to enlarge.

Check out this Alaska (dead projects) - see how it just feels like alaska? I'm not a fan of the colors you have going on. I also dislike where you have the legend. It would look better in the water, and keep Canada as land.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=54731&hilit=alaska] Bering Strait
[/url]
Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Private RjBeals

Postby tlane on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Really sorry about the delay, i have had a lot of school work and have had little time to work on the map and go on CC at all.
but now SCHOOL IS OVER, well almost, i have 3 days left, so an update should be up in the next few days

Now to the comments,
thenobodies80 wrote:Removing the rivers is not a good choice in my opinion. They will give you some good impassables, and also i don't think you can do a map of alaska without the famous yukon river ;) I am putting them back

You have to fix colors on legend. (doing like the main map)will be done
The green arrow from Takotna to Talkeetna isn't so visible. Changing
The small layout of this map is yet a problem... you have to focus on it....you talked about a spherize effect tested but probably you abandoned the idea not to do a complete overhaul.
I know that is a hard work, but i'm sure that it will give to your map a new light! I am basically doing the overhual, it should turn out better...I hope

Come on tlane...we want an update! :)
Keep it on!
IT IS COMING
thenobodies80

As for Rj's comment, it should all be fixed in my next version

sorry for the wait,
tlane
Private tlane

Postby tlane on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:10 pm

I am really sorry it has taken so long but I have had a lot on my plate even with out school and now i have a camp i need to go to.
So I am temporally turning this map over to .44 just for the next 4 weeks while i am away. I am 110% positive that he will make at least one great update and hopefully help improve the map a ton.

here is just a hint of the next update
show

sorry again,
tlane
Private tlane

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

The .psd I have doesn't have the correct layers so I apologize that there won't be update :(

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby iancanton on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 am

the last version of the map was produced over a month ago, so this one's headed to the recycling bin. if the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the CAs will be able to put the thread back into the drafting room, after an update has been made.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Previous

Return to Recycling Box