Conquer Club

I need help

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I need help

Postby J_Beezerz on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 pm

I am apparently terrible at this I am in need of help learning how to properly defend myself while expanding my control.... Can anyone assist me in this endeaver?
Private J_Beezerz

Re: I need help

Postby squishyg on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Two thoughts:

1. Maybe avoid freestyle until you know the game and the maps better. It's hard to make quality quick decisions at your level of experience. Playing adjacent reinforcement is also tricky for new players. I'd advise switching to standard or chained.
2. My advise for your main question would be to proceed slowly (on small maps this is less of an option). No point in getting a getting a quick bonus if it draws everyone's attention to you. Don't go for a bonus unless you have the troops to back up your borders.

You seem to be playing well in Game 5296894. You might want to back off in British Columbia, it looks like you're planning an attack into the Arctic Circle. If you are, it won't help you much. You may want to see if Eldritch is interested in a truce for a few rounds so you don't go back and forth endlessly on each other's borders.

Good luck and welcome to the site!
Captain squishyg

Re: I need help

Postby wacicha on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 am

The Sorting Class says---- Room 13
Major wacicha

Return to SoC Training Grounds