Conquer Club

playing a game for the first time

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

playing a game for the first time

Postby morphy on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:24 pm

This looks like a great site but the variations of boards and game options is a bit overwhelming. What's the proper etiquette for playing a game for the first time when you're not sure of the rules? Do you just jump in and ask questions later? Or is there a forum for specific game play questions? ty
Sergeant 1st Class morphy

Re: playing a game for the first time

Postby PepeAtila on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:17 pm

morphy wrote:This looks like a great site but the variations of boards and game options is a bit overwhelming. What's the proper etiquette for playing a game for the first time when you're not sure of the rules? Do you just jump in and ask questions later? Or is there a forum for specific game play questions? ty

I will send a PM to you
Welcome, you can see in the top part "Instructions" and I am afraid I didn't see any part for 'basic' questions.... perhaps except where you made this post ... When I was beginner I went to "Live Chat" when I didnt know something and I was asking there to some person. You can PM me if you have some question.
Captain PepeAtila

Re: playing a game for the first time

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

we teach games in the following format:

6-7 players
Terminator Scoring
Automatic Placement
No Fog
Unlimited Reinforcements
Escalating Spoils
Casual Turn Length
Public