Conquer Club

TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm

fstuppy wrote:I would like to learn and play

More info needed.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Igor89 wrote:I would like to join doubles.

More info needed.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Fewnix wrote:I apologize if my "sign me up: was seen as inappropriate, I was in a previous version of team training with PtLowe and others and thought this was a continuation, not a new process. I believe I was a reasonably good student and team player in that previous classroom, which was quite challenging and quite rewarding. and hope this new training will be even more so.

I have had other experience in team training and team play with somewhat disappointing results. Here is a post I did in the team play thread about what I believe is needed in good team play and what I hope to offer this classroom and prospective team mates. .I believe this is what is being asked of all of us who "sign-up"and I believe I can meet the challenge.

------------------------

I would like to play team games with a team that communicates. As soon as the game is initialized and ongoing, the team members check in to team chat with a line or two on the strategy:" we should be able to take X and Y while Team 2 goes for Z" and suggestions about what the team member up and those following might do: "Red, why not deploy on A, soft attack B and then fort to Green on C? Then green can deploy to C and take the bonus ".

This communication approach applies to each team member up suggesting what s/he would like to do and asks for input before taking the turn: " I'm thinking of deploying to X, no attacks, and then forting to Blue on Y. then if yellow takes Z and forts to P, we will be in good shape to take X"

This would require teamwork, a little time and discipline on the team members part, checking out your team games, even if it is not your turn, to offer suggestions and, even if it is your turn, letting your team mates offer input on your proposed moves before making them and once in a while doing something they suggested rather than what you first thought was the best move.

Am I asking too much?.

Team games

Claps...thats what we will have. THANKS....
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:59 pm

notyou2 wrote:Sign me up for team training please

More info please
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Stanneke on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:45 am

Can you add me please?

I really like team games, but i am not that good at it so I would like to have some extra help with this. I already got help for my single games, but team is just more fun.
What do I do, do I deploy to myself or to my teammates, who do i reinforce. so many options, but what to do. Please help :)
Sergeant Stanneke

Postby Seamus Corrigan on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:10 am

If it's not too late, I'd love to join. I've had some good doubles wins, have the bronze medal for it, but this looks like a good way to learn more.

:)

Seamus
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus Corrigan

Postby Igor89 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello my name is Igor, and I would like to learn doubles. I've been trying to do singles with SoC and try to post all my games, and I've definitely learned quite a bit about initial positioning in escalating 6man terminator. I did some doubles/triples/quads with friends and past ex clannies. I definitely don't understand the mechanics, and I'm very willing to learn. I think I will benefit more from doubles games due to a much closer interaction with teachers than in the single SoC games that already receive too many games and are not always able to reply back.
Private 1st Class Igor89

Postby MrPipes on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 am

MrPipes wrote:I would certainly like to join the team training. Cheers!

ok...more info

I have been playing Stalingrad with Chariots of Fire as a partner and am finding it very interesting and would like to learn more maps and styles. He has been great both explaining the game and strategy. Hopefully I will get a chance to play with some good leaders and have an opportunity to lead a team as well.

Regards,
Sergeant 1st Class MrPipes

Postby jghost7 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 am

Hi. I would like to get in on the doubles training. The team games are my favorite part of CC. I have some experience in the team games but still have weak points that I need to get better at. I feel this is a perfect opportunity to polish that part of my game. Thank you for the consideration,

J
Major jghost7

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

ptlowe wrote:Id prefer you to wait to uensure you are able to get the proper time in posting. I dont want you to get cheated on the training session. Can you wait that long?

Dukasaur wrote:Thank you for creating this program.

Well, I would like to sign up for team training.

(etc...)

Anyway, I just wanted this out in the open and hear what you have to say. If you think it would be best for me to skip this program for now and wait until work slows down a bit, I will accept that decision. If you're willing to let me in then I would love to do it, but it must be understood that at least some of the time I will not post.

Okay, I will wait a while. But then I will go completely to pieces....:-)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby m33 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 pm

i would like to join the doubles training programme,I have had very little exp in any team play and would like to learn more,i voluntarily left a clan as theres not much use for a singles player, i learnt a lot from soc and feel this could help me. thanks
Lieutenant m33

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:33 pm

i'd like to play if still possible. used to play doubles quite a bit but haven't played for a long time so some guidance and new ideas from a better players would be awesome. would also volunteer to be a teacher to someone a lot lower ranked than me if you're short on teachers. feel as if i still have a lot to learn but can certainly give somesome advice to improve their doubles game if needed.
Major Trevor33

Postby stofer71 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 pm

I would like to join, please.
Corporal stofer71

Postby Ron Burgandy on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Id like in, if it is not to late?
Corporal Ron Burgandy

Postby wrisky 50 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 pm

When do yopu think this training will start? Thanks for setting this school up =D>
Sergeant wrisky 50

Postby spacewrekker on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 pm

i'd like to sign up.
Captain spacewrekker

Postby Fudoh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 am

have the classes started yet? if not i'd like to enrol
i like playing team games and would like to get better at playing them. I like discussing strategies, I work well with others and I believe that communication is always key
Colonel Fudoh

Postby ODWO on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Just posting here to get auto-updates.
I've already sent a PM to Ptlowe.

Happy to wait if there's a big backlog, etc.
High above Pigeon Key & 7 mile bridge, Marathon, Florida (Keys).
Click image to enlarge.

I'd rather be flying
Major ODWO

Postby ptlowe on Tue May 03, 2011 3:19 am

Sorry for the wait everyone. team games start Saturday. I will be assigning teachers to students tomorrow. I will also be putting you into classrooms and sending out a pm. Happy hunting and send me a pm if you have any questions.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ODWO on Sat May 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Great!
Major ODWO

Postby jghost7 on Sat May 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Just asking for an update, I havent seen any movement on this team training, and have not heard anything from Ptlowe. Thanks,
J
Major jghost7

Postby m33 on Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 am

had no response from my request to join!, :( has enrollment ended??
Lieutenant m33

Postby MudPuppy on Sun May 22, 2011 5:47 am

I'm not sure what's going on. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I first asked about becoming a team teacher and haven't heard a word back.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Eragon394 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I would like to join team training. I am fairly decent in teamed games (as long as I have a cooporitive team), but I would appreciate the chance to hone my skills and get feedback from skilled players.
Cadet Eragon394

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

I would like to sign up to teach...if this is still active.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds