Conquer Club

TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

Postby Invdr_zim on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 pm

In please :)
Private Invdr_zim

Postby ptlowe on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 am

still need everyone to make sure they write a little expo on why they want to be in the team training and a little bio. I am not going to accept, "please sign me up" as a application. I know you can do better than that.

-pt
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby wmdvanzyl on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 am

ptlowe wrote:still need everyone to make sure they write a little expo on why they want to be in the team training and a little bio. I am not going to accept, "please sign me up" as a application. I know you can do better than that.

-pt

Rule 4 - You must write a short paragraph or application on who you are and why upi are interested in being a part of the team training academy.

Didn't anyone read that? A statement such as "Yes please, I will obey orders" is self-defeating and quite humorous in the light of Rule 4. Oh well - enough of that.

Hi, my name is wmdvanzyl and i am not an alcoholic, but rather a conquercluboholic. I haven't been playing long, but i enjoy the game immensely. In RL we have RIsk nights at my place as often as possible and finding an online community that is as passionate about it is has been great! I am currently enrolled in SoC Training and I would like to be considered for the team training as well. I have never played a team game, so i look forward to this new chapter of CC. I missed a few turns when i just joined but since joining SoC Training i haven't missed any. I have posted threads in my classroom and stay in communication with my teachers as much as possible. I think doubles training could be fun!
Sergeant 1st Class wmdvanzyl

Postby Charle on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 am

Please add me as well, thanks
Lieutenant Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby fstuppy on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:45 am

I would like to learn and play
Cook fstuppy

Postby Fattyschippy on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:21 am

I'd love to join doubles school, because I've always wanted to play team games, but don't feel confident in my own ability, and am also pretty clueless what to do.

Thanks,

Fattyschippy
Captain Fattyschippy

Postby Igor89 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 pm

I would like to join doubles.
Private 1st Class Igor89

Postby wrisky 50 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes I would like to join the team classes.

I like team games with a partner that we can work together on plan. Going to SoC has taught me patients and this is only a game of skill and a little luck. the team games that I have been in with a partner that talks and listens we do pretty well. I am a big supporter of the Communicating. I hope that I make the cut for the classes.

Thanks Wrisky 50
Sergeant wrisky 50

Postby psychobkrazy on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I would also like to be a part of this. I have been helping people in team games for a while, just not in the SoC. I never actually checked it out until recently and I would like to step up my team games even more by teaching and learning. I never miss a turn and I take direction well, but given the chance to lead I can talk your head off with my opinion and strategy.
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Cadet psychobkrazy

Postby Fewnix on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:26 pm

I apologize if my "sign me up: was seen as inappropriate, I was in a previous version of team training with PtLowe and others and thought this was a continuation, not a new process. I believe I was a reasonably good student and team player in that previous classroom, which was quite challenging and quite rewarding. and hope this new training will be even more so.

I have had other experience in team training and team play with somewhat disappointing results. Here is a post I did in the team play thread about what I believe is needed in good team play and what I hope to offer this classroom and prospective team mates. .I believe this is what is being asked of all of us who "sign-up"and I believe I can meet the challenge.

------------------------

I would like to play team games with a team that communicates. As soon as the game is initialized and ongoing, the team members check in to team chat with a line or two on the strategy:" we should be able to take X and Y while Team 2 goes for Z" and suggestions about what the team member up and those following might do: "Red, why not deploy on A, soft attack B and then fort to Green on C? Then green can deploy to C and take the bonus ".

This communication approach applies to each team member up suggesting what s/he would like to do and asks for input before taking the turn: " I'm thinking of deploying to X, no attacks, and then forting to Blue on Y. then if yellow takes Z and forts to P, we will be in good shape to take X"

This would require teamwork, a little time and discipline on the team members part, checking out your team games, even if it is not your turn, to offer suggestions and, even if it is your turn, letting your team mates offer input on your proposed moves before making them and once in a while doing something they suggested rather than what you first thought was the best move.

Am I asking too much?.

Team games
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby notyou2 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Sign me up for team training please
Captain notyou2

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 pm

ptlowe wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:I would like to be student. I have been a teacher in terminator escalating. I have some experience in doubles but nothing formal. As a teacher/student my style has always been as an anylist. I am chatty and love talking strategy. If being an instructer may cause confusion amoung some I will gladly remove my mod status it until a future date.

Let me know if this works.

No need. Im actually going to ask for a trade. Ill take you on as a student in teams if you do the same for me in terminator, deal?

I will take you under my wing for terminator if you like. I do not need the team training though, but I am always up to help people. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I would like to join. I had signed up for team training recently, but I think SoC was just starting to go through a transition period, so I'm guessing this is the reboot of the old team training. In any case, I graduated from the SoC terminator training a while back and have been trying my hand at a variety of maps. I believe I have only ever missed a single turn in the nearly two years I've been here (and that one was unavoidable circumstances - I actually managed to log in about 15 minutes after turn change). I'm one of the 1391 people on this site that have a 5.0 rating, though only 40 of those have played more games than I.

The games that I posted in terminator training, I generally provided some commentary and my thought process when I proposed moves while awaiting instructor comments, so I'm certainly happy with posting games and discussing moves. I'm pretty comfortable with no spoils doubles games, though I could use some pointers on escalating doubles. I'm tolerable at triples, and I've only played a couple quad games so far, and I'd love some help forming a general strategic approach to those games.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby cdbridges on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 am

I would like in, please.
Major cdbridges

Postby cy22 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Please sign me up.

I have been playing some team games lately and I would like to learn how to better approach these games.
Major cy22
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrPipes on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 pm

I would certainly like to join the team training. Cheers!
Sergeant 1st Class MrPipes

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
ptlowe wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:I would like to be student. I have been a teacher in terminator escalating. I have some experience in doubles but nothing formal. As a teacher/student my style has always been as an anylist. I am chatty and love talking strategy. If being an instructer may cause confusion amoung some I will gladly remove my mod status it until a future date.

Let me know if this works.

No need. Im actually going to ask for a trade. Ill take you on as a student in teams if you do the same for me in terminator, deal?

I will take you under my wing for terminator if you like. I do not need the team training though, but I am always up to help people. :)

I know you dont need the training. You are a worthy adversary. Sure, lets get it setup after I get this off the groung, and and iron can give me pointers to profect my game.
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 pm

eXeCut0r wrote:I would like to sign up :) even i am pretty new to game i think it will provide me even further udnerstanding of game and team games are always nice :))

More info required. Read original post.

-pt
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm

panchodue wrote:I would like to join the double school. Thanks

More info required, see above post.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Id prefer you to wait to uensure you are able to get the proper time in posting. I dont want you to get cheated on the training session. Can you wait that long?

Dukasaur wrote:Thank you for creating this program.

Well, I would like to sign up for team training. Why? Because I'm a pretty decent solo player on CC, but I absolutely suck at team games. I don't mean a little bit. I mean it's an embarrassment. So I really need some help.

There is one possible problem. During the spring and summer I am a truck driver. I am often away from home for 30 or 40 or even more hours at a time. I've borrowed an IPad that I take on the road with me so I rarely miss turns, but it's impossible to type effectively on an IPad except for the occasional one-liner, and it's impossible to scroll up through logs or many other necessary functions.

When I did my SoC terminator training it was winter so posting was not a problem. But now I wonder if it will be possible. Would it be acceptable if I posted only about 60% of the time? There are many people who could vouch for me that I am not a lazy writer. On the contrary there are some who call me long-winded...:) But I can only write effectively at home, not on the road.

Anyway, I just wanted this out in the open and hear what you have to say. If you think it would be best for me to skip this program for now and wait until work slows down a bit, I will accept that decision. If you're willing to let me in then I would love to do it, but it must be understood that at least some of the time I will not post.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Ateas wrote:Yes please :) :D :)

More info required. See above post.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 pm

mcrn55 wrote:Yes please, I will obey orders

More info required, see above post.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:47 pm

joshn7 wrote:Looks Like I am a little late to get in this time. However I would love to be put on a waiting list if there is one. I enjoy playing team games, doubles, triples, and quads and am looking forward to learn a little more about how to play these games well.

Thanks,
Joshn7

You should be fine to get in this time.

-pt
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Invdr_zim wrote:In please :)

More info needed. See beginning post.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby ptlowe on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Charle wrote:Please add me as well, thanks

More information needed...see above.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds