Conquer Club

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gimil on Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:39 pm

fireedud wrote:I think the gang leaders should be the ones who are in the hole. Or maybe if you have all the guards and the warden the hole -1 bonus will stop.

if all teh gang leader are together it makes it to easy for 1 person to claim a hugh bonus.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Coleman wrote:My only concern is that a player could start with 3 or more in the hole. I can program to make sure it isn't negative numbers, but having none to deploy for a while could potentially suck. A lot.

Actually now that I've done the math in my head with 90 you couldn't go negative first turn unless you lost territories.

yeah a -3 -4 or -5 would certainly suck. i think someone had the idea that if you had a person in the whole you would get -1 if you had 2 people in the hole you would still get -1.

but i am wondering the chances of starting with a 3 in the hole. maybe some one who is better at math can figure it out.
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:59 pm

mibi wrote:
Coleman wrote:My only concern is that a player could start with 3 or more in the hole. I can program to make sure it isn't negative numbers, but having none to deploy for a while could potentially suck. A lot.

Actually now that I've done the math in my head with 90 you couldn't go negative first turn unless you lost territories.

yeah a -3 -4 or -5 would certainly suck. i think someone had the idea that if you had a person in the whole you would get -1 if you had 2 people in the hole you would still get -1.

but i am wondering the chances of starting with a 3 in the hole. maybe some one who is better at math can figure it out.

Even if chances of having the entire hole at the start is insanely low it is always technically possible. I would think -1 should be as far as we take it even if you have all 5 of them.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:00 pm

Coleman wrote:
mibi wrote:

Even if chances of having the entire hole at the start is insanely low it is always technically possible. I would think -1 should be as far as we take it even if you have all 5 of them.

yeah i am thinking -2 would be better. with all the bonus weapons and new fish ans such a -1 just might not be very consequential.
Captain mibi

Postby edbeard on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 pm

could you put a square around the Warden?

Tyrone in General Pop. the text is not the correct size.

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with the graphics on this.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:14 pm

You could program the XML to include at least a couple of neutrals to start in the hole. That would help alleviate the problem at least a little bit.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:22 pm

This is going to be one hell of a map! :) I like the theme though, and the general idea behind it.

Is there a reason Tyrone's name is the way it is? Or was that a mistake?

I like the bonus ideas and values you have going...I think this will make for a rather chaotic play...but I think it will portray the feeling you are going for. I'm looking forward to the next gameplay and graphics updates!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Coleman on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:You could program the XML to include at least a couple of neutrals to start in the hole. That would help alleviate the problem at least a little bit.

That's possible, we'll see what mibi wants after the next update.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:10 am

Coleman wrote:
mibi wrote:also maybe if you hold the gas chamber (?) you can attack any gang leader. i dunno, im still looking for some good ideas for that space. if i cant come up with something i wil just fill it in.

too bad it can't be a lock down switch and make all the cells one ways or something.

I was saying that the ? should be another weapon with a guard theme (tazer or taser, still not sure on spelling) but if you already decided something else for it nevermind.

Could be an "Armoury"... if you have that then all weapons are double in strength?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby mibi on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 am

yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:
mibi wrote:also maybe if you hold the gas chamber (?) you can attack any gang leader. i dunno, im still looking for some good ideas for that space. if i cant come up with something i wil just fill it in.

too bad it can't be a lock down switch and make all the cells one ways or something.

I was saying that the ? should be another weapon with a guard theme (tazer or taser, still not sure on spelling) but if you already decided something else for it nevermind.

Could be an "Armoury"... if you have that then all weapons are double in strength?

C.

is that possible? and is it possible to make all the weapons you hold double and not the weaposn other people have?
Captain mibi

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 am

the overrule tag would do it i think.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:23 am

mibi wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:

C.

is that possible? and is it possible to make all the weapons you hold double and not the weaposn other people have?

Ah yes I know what you mean - you planned the weapons bonuses to be actually on the weapons? (Territory bonuses?)

If this is the case - then no...

If you planned the weapons bonuses as a normal army to be deployed elsewhere - then it's simple...

Define one territory continents - one for each weapon...

Then define another set of continents with the armoury + each weapon... call them the same - and you get doubled bonuses for the ones you hold!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby mibi on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 am

changes:

added the gas chamber. if you have the gas chamber and the warden its like you control who goes in there so you get a +5, if you lose control of the warden then you yourself are in the gas chamber so its -5 ... a very double edged sword.

also the gang bonuses have been changed. im not really sure what to set them as. it may be next to impossible to unite all 15 members of a gang considering how many 'borders' there are. any suggestions on the gang bonuses is good.

added arrows to the towers

the hole now has a -3 max (is this possible in the xml)?

ben, a new fish is gone to make 15 new fish instead of 16.

Captain mibi

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:42 am

mibi wrote:the hole now has a -3 max (is this possible in the xml)?

Yeah.

Instead of making each "hole" -1 bonus...

You just have 3 continents (1 in the hole, 2 in the hole, 3(+) in the hole.

First one has <required>1</required>
Second has <required>2</required>
Third has <required>3</required>

Second has
<overrules>
<overrule>1 in the hole</overrule>
</overrules>

Third has
<overrules>
<overrule>1 in the hole</overrule>
<overrule>2 in the hole</overrule>
</overrules>

Job done...

- EDIT -

Of course - you could get this to work in the old school way of working each contribution out!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

hole warden and gas chamber

Postby JEWSEEPHISH on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:33 pm

What if you made the hole the warden and the gas chamber all neutral. This way no one gets the shaft, but at the same time nobody gets a huge advantage (gas+warden). If you think about it these places would be locked down and the last to fall anyway.
TheLonious
Cadet JEWSEEPHISH

hole

Postby JEWSEEPHISH on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:34 pm

sorry just the hole. didn't see the neutral #'s
Cadet JEWSEEPHISH

Postby wrightfan123 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:09 pm

what the hell is this?
Private wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby Molacole on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:38 pm

wrightfan123 wrote:what the hell is this?
confusing, but I like it!!
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby t.e.c on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:29 am

i've got a problem with a couple of the names

Triad Dynasty

4. Yakuza

That's like calling someone in Cosa Nostra "mafia"

10. Big Kiko
11. Asako

these 2 are girls names.

try

kenji
goro
jun
Corporal t.e.c

Postby JEWSEEPHISH on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Wait, I thought the triad was chinese. Japanese is Yakuza
Cadet JEWSEEPHISH

Postby t.e.c on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 pm

it is, but there are japanese and chinese names mixed together
Corporal t.e.c

Postby unriggable on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:14 pm

What exactly is 'the hole'?
Cook unriggable

Postby MR. Nate on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:23 am

Right now, it easier to get extra armies by going for new fish.

3 New Fish = +2
3 Gang members = 0

6 New fish = +4
6 Gang members = +1

9 New fish = +6
9 Gang Members = +4

I don't think that you want to make the new fish the most important members of the prison riot.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby mibi on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:00 pm

MR. Nate wrote:Right now, it easier to get extra armies by going for new fish.

3 New Fish = +2
3 Gang members = 0

6 New fish = +4
6 Gang members = +1

9 New fish = +6
9 Gang Members = +4

I don't think that you want to make the new fish the most important members of the prison riot.

well that just means that it will be harder to hold since everyone will want to grab up the new fish. plus the fish are more vulnerable with 4 in the yard and 3 in gen pop. i doubt anyone would get away with grabbing all the new fish.
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 pm

unriggable wrote:What exactly is 'the hole'?

slang for solitary confinement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitary_confinement
Captain mibi

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas