Conquer Club

The Puget Sound [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:41 pm

there are a few coords that aren't centered.

large: port townsend; granite falls; hood canal;
small: everett; sky valey; edmonds; port townsend

the rest are fine.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Coleman on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Well, Port Townsend on the small is the same as Olympic National Forest on the small. So they both need nudged down 1?
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby DiM on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:47 pm

Coleman wrote:Well, Port Townsend on the small is the same as Olympic National Forest on the small. So they both need nudged down 1?

yep same for the other olympic.

it's 2 am here i can't guarantee that my eyes see perfectly. there may be other coords wrong :oops:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:58 am

It's looking better, Tisha.

I'd nudge 'Lacey' coordinate a little.

Also, in the legend in the top left...the numbers look rather oddly spaced. Would it be possible to make them a little more uniform in their centering/spacing?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:10 am

Tisha...hate to say...but can you check some of the centering one your amry numbers co-ords....many look slightly off centre to me, on both large and small. :wink:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Tisha on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:31 am

cairnswk wrote:Tisha...hate to say...but can you check some of the centering one your amry numbers co-ords....many look slightly off centre to me, on both large and small. :wink:

i can't center them..sorry. i actually zoomed in a ridiculous amount and placed the size 22 army circle directly over the 88 and made the circles..like i said..three pixels on each side five on the top and bottom. and the winking doesn't make your comment any better.
Major Tisha

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Tisha wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Tisha...hate to say...but can you check some of the centering one your amry numbers co-ords....many look slightly off centre to me, on both large and small. :wink:

i can't center them..sorry. i actually zoomed in a ridiculous amount and placed the size 22 army circle directly over the 88 and made the circles..like i said..three pixels on each side five on the top and bottom. and the winking doesn't make your comment any better.

tisha, they simply look as though they are mostly 1 px left and 1 px high of center...perhaps it is the army circles themselves. Sorry. Wink Wink.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Risky_Stud on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:21 pm

off by 1 pxl, that's pathetic! how many people are actually looking at that when playing a game. i know i'm not.the map is fine, quench please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Private 1st Class Risky_Stud

Postby edbeard on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Risky_Stud wrote:off by 1 pxl, that's pathetic! how many people are actually looking at that when playing a game. i know i'm not.the map is fine, quench please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is done with every map. there's nothing going on here that doesn't happen with every map.

until it gets done, it won't (and shouldn't) be quenched.

I remember Wisse having a similar problem with his circles. Tisha you might want to talk to him.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby wicked on Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:50 pm

RS they're anal for a reason. Let them do their thing. :wink:
Major wicked

Postby Tisha on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:28 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Also, in the legend in the top left...the numbers look rather oddly spaced. Would it be possible to make them a little more uniform in their centering/spacing?

--Andy

Major Tisha

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:06 pm

Id hate to slow down te quenching of this map anymore but im not satisfied with the boarders. There jittery and inconsistant at parts. I would advise redoing them again with a soft round brush, zoom in close (x1200) and slowly drawing in the boarders. It takes longer but gives really good results.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Tisha on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:09 pm

after it has been sitting here this long..it's nice of you to just now mention that u don't like the borders
Major Tisha

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Tisha wrote:after it has been sitting here this long..it's nice of you to just now mention that u don't like the borders

im sorry tisha, but ive not been around, and i hate doing this to people but they really need it. If you want i can do it for you right now to get it over with.

p.s. im pritty sure i told you at one point in live chat that it was needed as well

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby wicked on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:40 pm

I think the borders look fine.
Major wicked

Postby MPL on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 pm

are you trying to do the borders on every map in final forge Gimil??
Sergeant 1st Class MPL

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:59 pm

no wicked the boarders arnt fine.

The red circles are representing bad boarders, the one round the river is an example of the jittereness i mentioned. The one above it is another example.

The other 2 red circles show inconsistancy with hte boarder, best seen in camano island, one coasts lines is much thicker than anothers.

The ones in yellow circles are BEAUTIFUL boarder lines, there consistant flowing and smooth.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:02 pm

MPL wrote:are you trying to do the borders on every map in final forge Gimil??

no but it seems that the foundry has been getting lazy and laid back as of late, i dont like making big graphical suggestions at this stage of development so im offering my own spare time to help anyone who ive requested such large issues to.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Risky_Stud on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:37 am

sry to tell you gimil, but that's nit picky! you know your not looking at the consistancy of the borders when your trying to conquer the map. come on now let's be real!

Postby gimil on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:43 am

Risky_Stud wrote:sry to tell you gimil, but that's nit picky! you know your not looking at the consistancy of the borders when your trying to conquer the map. come on now let's be real!

no its not nitty picky, its trying to keep the same standard that has been applied to me and many others in te past.

I currently have a map in development (Feudal War) which is off much better quality than a number of maps currently in final forge. I jsut want everyone to be expected to reach the same standard when quenched.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Risky_Stud on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 am

i'll say again! nobody looks at consistency of lines when playing the maps! so your motion to change it is mute and not neccessary! if your angry that your map is not in final forge don't dump on other peoples over something that small! Palease!

Postby gimil on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am

Risky_Stud wrote:i'll say again! nobody looks at consistency of lines when playing the maps! so your motion to change it is mute and not neccessary! if your angry that your map is not in final forge don't dump on other peoples over something that small! Palease!

I am not angry, i am simple helping to maintain the standards that the foundry has always maintained ever since i joined CC. conquerclub takes great pride in the quality of there maps both visually and gameplay wise. I am very much aware that boarder consistancy is not a big dea lwhenyour fighting, but i know many players that wouldnt play a map simple because something that wasnt athestically pleasing caught there eye.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby edbeard on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am

Risky_Stud wrote:i'll say again! nobody looks at consistency of lines when playing the maps! so your motion to change it is mute and not neccessary! if your angry that your map is not in final forge don't dump on other peoples over something that small! Palease!

RS your argument is totally off. there are lots of small details that no one looks at when the map is being played. This DOES NOT mean they can be substandard.

All gimil is doing is trying to make sure the map fits the standard of the foundry.

Personally, I do not see what gimil sees. I think the borders are fine (I can't see the differences you put to be honest).

I think what's important at this point is fixing the army circles and/or the centering. Whatever the problem is there that needs to be fixed.

The borders. Well other people can come in and give their opinion, but to be honest I just don't see a problem there. I have no problem with gimil giving his opinion about it. I do have a problem with the "nobody looks at this" argument. It doesn't matter how 'small' a problem is. If it's a problem , then it must be fixed. In this case, I don't think the borders are a problem.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Scott-Land on Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:07 am

gimil- your flag is jittery = ) I say if you're willing to do the borders-- that would be great and generous of you. If I were Tisha- I'd take you up on the offer. I personally see nothing wrong but I'm not a map guru guy......... my attack armies are jittery maybe you can help me too?

btw- Nice map Tisha ! Well done......
Major Scott-Land

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas