Conquer Club

Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EUROPE 1914-Update!6oktobar page 1-13[IDEA STAMP]

Postby Qwert on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

by max is gr8 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Cyprus alone has no power combined with Britain the bonus is unlocked

what :?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Androidz on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 pm

qwert wrote:
by max is gr8 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm

what :?

qwert wrote:no,we must explane people that when you hold only cyprus you dont get nothinh,only with britain you will get addition +1,and that british bonus is normal,and that you get bonus when you hold britain. I think that nobody in maps,when explane bonuses dont put words"you get Army number......".

He explanied this in a easyer way;)
Private Androidz

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:00 pm

So these will be good explanation for cyprus bonus? :|
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Lol, I think my description writing days are over, before they began
ā€¹max is gr8ā€ŗ so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
ā€¹New_rulesā€ŗ Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Androidz on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 pm

qwert wrote:

So these will be good explanation for cyprus bonus? :|

I think that still be a be a bit hard for the players i would say.

Hold London And claim their british establishment in Cyprus for a +1. or something:D
Private Androidz

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Why not just something simple like "Hold Britain and Cyprus for an additional +1"?
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 pm

by ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Why not just something simple like "Hold Britain and Cyprus for an additional +1"?

Because its not like you write. When you hold only Britain you will get bonus,when you hold Cyprus you will not get bonus,when you hold britain and cyprus you will get bonus for britain and additional +1 for holding Cyprus. Description must explane to people that with or without cyprus,Britain is normal bonuses,and that cyprus only worth when you hold Britain,so people must know that detail,that cyprus without britain is territory who dont worth +1. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 pm

qwert wrote:
by ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Because its not like you write. When you hold only Britain you will get bonus,when you hold Cyprus you will not get bonus,when you hold britain and cyprus you will get bonus for britain and additional +1 for holding Cyprus. Description must explane to people that with or without cyprus,Britain is normal bonuses,and that cyprus only worth when you hold Britain,so people must know that detail,that cyprus without britain is territory who dont worth +1. ;)

Err...Isn't that what I said? Hold Britain and Cyprus for an additional +1. Additional meaning in addition to the bonus you get for holding Britain by itself.

Maybe also say that you get no bonus for holding Cyprus by itself?
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Actually, since there is no Cyprus-alone mentioned bonus and Zeak's description states Britain and Cyprus additional, then people have no choice but to know that Cyprus by itself has no bonus, but can improve Britain's bonus by 1.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:34 pm

by TaCktiX on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Actually, since there is no Cyprus-alone mentioned bonus and Zeak's description states Britain and Cyprus additional, then people have no choice but to know that Cyprus by itself has no bonus, but can improve Britain's bonus by 1.

Ok, so i will put in Cyprus bonus description box

Hold Britain and Cyprus for an additional +1

like ZeakCytho sugested
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:00 pm

new update
Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: EUROPE 1914-Update!18 oktobar page 1-15[IDEA STAMP]

Postby ZeakCytho on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Thinking about it more, how about make the Cyprus box say: "Cyprus is not part of any continent. Hold Cyprus and Britain for an additional +1"

That implies that Cyprus gets no bonus on its own more directly, so any stupid players really won't have any questions.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 am

by ZeakCytho on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 am

Thinking about it more, how about make the Cyprus box say: "Cyprus is not part of any continent. Hold Cyprus and Britain for an additional +1"

That implies that Cyprus gets no bonus on its own more directly, so any stupid players really won't have any questions.

i dont know what to say,still some players can say"im holding Cyprus,why i dont get these 1 reinforcment?"
We must announce that only with britain Cyprus worth +1,and that without Britain you dont get +1.

"Cyprus Description Box
Cyprus is british base,and bonus for these territory become active only when you hold Britain"

What you think of these,its these enough clear for people?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:42 am

I do not see why Cyprus even has a +1 bonus. You don't need to add some other complication to the map. I think that you should at least explain in that little box of yours why Cyprus is so important that it gets an additional bonus if you hold it with Britain. What is the point? Why is it important?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby oaktown on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:44 pm

sorry I haven't checked in lately qwert... as you may have noticed we've been a bit busy around here this week. ;)

Neon Peon makes the point that Cyprus may not be worth the bonus, and I can go either way on that. You're the mapmaker, qwert, so I'd say this is your decision.

As for the description... what if after "Cyrpus: British Base" on the map you put an asterisk (*) which refers to the legend. Then the legend can just say: "* Hold United Kingdom and Cyprus for an additional +1." The * let's you get rid of that first line.

Note that I changed your use of Britain to United Kingdom, because that is what you call is in the map.

And yeah, get rid of the "1" next to Cyprus on the small map - in fact since that is a map of the bonuses, I'd say there shouldn't really be a mention of cyprus at all.
Captain oaktown

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:28 pm

by The Neon Peon on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:42 pm

I do not see why Cyprus even has a +1 bonus. You don't need to add some other complication to the map. I think that you should at least explain in that little box of yours why Cyprus is so important that it gets an additional bonus if you hold it with Britain. What is the point? Why is it important

Why is importan,well its british territory,and i can not add to tyrkey or balkan states. ;)
Also i can not create territory who not belonge to nobody,because its will be wrong.
Historical and logical is that Cyprus belong to Britain and these will be on map.
by oaktown on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:44 pm

sorry I haven't checked in lately qwert... as you may have noticed we've been a bit busy around here this week.

Neon Peon makes the point that Cyprus may not be worth the bonus, and I can go either way on that. You're the mapmaker, qwert, so I'd say this is your decision.

As for the description... what if after "Cyrpus: British Base" on the map you put an asterisk (*) which refers to the legend. Then the legend can just say: "* Hold United Kingdom and Cyprus for an additional +1." The * let's you get rid of that first line.

Note that I changed your use of Britain to United Kingdom, because that is what you call is in the map.

And yeah, get rid of the "1" next to Cyprus on the small map - in fact since that is a map of the bonuses, I'd say there shouldn't really be a mention of cyprus at all.

Make sence,then i will write in Cyprus box like you say. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:26 pm

new update i add oaktown sugestion for cyprus bonus description box,
Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: EUROPE 1914-Update!21 oktobar page 1-15[IDEA STAMP]

Postby ZeakCytho on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

It's not clear which territory the island of Crete is part of. If it's part of Smyrna, then maybe redraw the lines so Greece and Smyrna mainland directly connect, and then connect Cyprus to Smyrna. If Crete is its own territory, it's missing a name and army circle. If it's part of Greece, why is there a line connecting the two? If it's part of some other territory, then I have no idea what territory it's part of.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Qwert on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 pm

by ZeakCytho on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 pm

It's not clear which territory the island of Crete is part of. If it's part of Smyrna, then maybe redraw the lines so Greece and Smyrna mainland directly connect, and then connect Cyprus to Smyrna. If Crete is its own territory, it's missing a name and army circle. If it's part of Greece, why is there a line connecting the two? If it's part of some other territory, then I have no idea what territory it's part of.

You have several things who show that Crete belong to Grecce
1.Hes colour not red
2.Name Grecce is close to issle
3.Its not have name and circle and these mean that these is not separate territory.

I know that you think that people is smart,but unfortunatly if i not add connection bettven crete and mainland grecce,sooner or later some people will demand these.
Its very clear that crete is a part of grecce,and i realy dont know how you connect crete with smyrna :?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ZeakCytho on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:44 pm

qwert wrote:
by ZeakCytho on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 pm

You have several things who show that Crete belong to Grecce
1.Hes colour not red
2.Name Grecce is close to issle
3.Its not have name and circle and these mean that these is not separate territory.

I know that you think that people is smart,but unfortunatly if i not add connection bettven crete and mainland grecce,sooner or later some people will demand these.
Its very clear that crete is a part of grecce,and i realy dont know how you connect crete with smyrna :?

The colors are very similar to me, and the connection between Greece and Crete makes it seem like they are separate territories.

Why not draw the line between Cyprus and Greece directly - don't connect it to Crete, connect it to mainland Greece. This will clear up any problems.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Qwert on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:47 pm

The colors are very similar to me, and the connection between Greece and Crete makes it seem like they are separate territories.

Why not draw the line between Cyprus and Greece directly - don't connect it to Crete, connect it to mainland Greece. This will clear up any problems.

Ok,if you realy think that problem exist,i will connect directly to mainland grecce.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:48 pm

ZeakCytho wrote:

Yes i was just looking at this aspect and thought how strange that connection between Cyprus and Greece was...it made me wonder if there was an army circle missing on Crete
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Qwert on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Yes i was just looking at this aspect and thought how strange that connection between Cyprus and Greece was...it made me wonder if there was an army circle missing on Crete
:lol: You are map maker Cairnswk,and you very good know that territory who dont have name and army circle its clear tell you that you can not attack something what is not have these importan aspect
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Its Cyprus Description ok now?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 pm

qwert wrote:Its Cyprus Description ok now?

It looks good to me, qwert!
Captain ZeakCytho

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas