Conquer Club

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby unriggable on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Question, are you going to 'mibi' it up at all?
Cook unriggable

Postby MR. Nate on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:03 pm

mibi wrote:well that just means that it will be harder to hold since everyone will want to grab up the new fish. plus the fish are more vulnerable with 4 in the yard and 3 in gen pop. i doubt anyone would get away with grabbing all the new fish.

So your OK with the new fish being the most important people in prison? That's fine for gameplay, I was thinking more of relation to reality. It's not likely that any random number of new fish are more valuable than the same number of gang members.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby mibi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:44 am

MR. Nate wrote:
mibi wrote:well that just means that it will be harder to hold since everyone will want to grab up the new fish. plus the fish are more vulnerable with 4 in the yard and 3 in gen pop. i doubt anyone would get away with grabbing all the new fish.

So your OK with the new fish being the most important people in prison? That's fine for gameplay, I was thinking more of relation to reality. It's not likely that any random number of new fish are more valuable than the same number of gang members.

they may be important in the beginning, but after a few turns when some players start laying down +8, +10 for their gang bonus, you might not want to be left with your +6 for 9 vulnerable new fish.

If you don't ally with a gang and try to secure all the new fish, you surely would get raped, in the game, and in reality.
Captain mibi

Postby MR. Nate on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:53 am

mibi wrote:If you don't ally with a gang and try to secure all the new fish, you surely would get raped, in the game, and in reality.
:lol: :lol:
I was thinking that for the first turn or two it would profitable, and could perhaps make it easier to control a gang quickly, but your right, it won't change the play significantly once a few gangs are in place.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby mibi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:43 pm

next page. :arrow:
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 pm

Ok here it is.

It's going to take more than good rolls to survive with your anus intact in this joint.

Captain mibi

Postby edbeard on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:21 pm

very good. I can forsee some epic battles on this map.

I noticed you put yourself and Coleman into the hole hehe

Maybe this is nitpicky and silly, but possibly add a short explanation that prisoners in open areas are all connected?

Are you sure you don't want to put a door in between the general population and Guard 501?

Similar question regarding Guard 002 by the Gas Chamber (not to mention there does not appear to be a door on the actual Gas Chamber?)? this makes it look like I can attack all the way from 005 or 003 or the warden to the Gas Chamber itself. Maybe this is intended and I missed the explanation or discussion?
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby mibi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 pm

edbeard wrote:very good. I can forsee some epic battles on this map.

I noticed you put yourself and Coleman into the hole hehe

Maybe this is nitpicky and silly, but possibly add a short explanation that prisoners in open areas are all connected?

Are you sure you don't want to put a door in between the general population and Guard 501?

Similar question regarding Guard 002 by the Gas Chamber (not to mention there does not appear to be a door on the actual Gas Chamber?)? this makes it look like I can attack all the way from 005 or 003 or the warden to the Gas Chamber itself. Maybe this is intended and I missed the explanation or discussion?

ahh right.. all good points... i think a layer overlapped the doors by accident, ill fix it. and i think a short explanation about movement will work too.
Captain mibi

Postby Keredrex on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:48 am

Like it.... BUT i still think you should use a shield shape for the Guards... maybe a star for the warden..... All those circles seem to much..... And maybe (although I understand why not to) use a separate Shape for the gangs.....It could be Simple Shapes or something But at least do the guards
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby KEYOGI on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:26 pm

There's a couple of little problems I can see.

Size - width is going to have to come down to 840px. I'm also wondering how this is going to work for the small version.

Legend - there'll probably need to be something explaining how attacks work, specifically in the yard. I can see this being an area of confusion.

Colours - perhaps some colour tweaking may be needed for the Triad's and Aryan's. Red and pink numbers clash in these circles for me at least.

Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby mibi on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:33 pm

KEYOGI wrote:There's a couple of little problems I can see.

Size - width is going to have to come down to 840px. I'm also wondering how this is going to work for the small version.

I might be able to take out the cell block names and such to reduce the size but it would loose some flavor for sure. as for a small version, well given the size of the circles and text, i don;t think a small version will be possible, sorry.

Legend - there'll probably need to be something explaining how attacks work, specifically in the yard. I can see this being an area of confusion.

yeah i can do that

Colours - perhaps some colour tweaking may be needed for the Triad's and Aryan's. Red and pink numbers clash in these circles for me at least.

i'll tweak it.

Captain mibi

Postby t.e.c on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:41 pm

t.e.c wrote:Yakuza
Big Kiko
Asako

i still think you should change these names
Corporal t.e.c

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:11 am

Small versions are indeed a must, at least currently. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Also

Postby Keredrex on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:55 am

Outside the prison Walls should be lighter... Maybe a Dessert feel put a sand and rock color or texture in the background.....it would help with the names
What do you think about changing the Guards to shields? maybe Diamond shape for the weapons

Maybe a solid color in the beginning of the Prison Like white or Light Blue.... THe stone texture in the Cell blocks is perfect .. and maybe a light BATH Tile look to the hole and showers.. just to break up the Texture a bit .. right now it all looks the same

Just a thought... Wouldn't the guard gun towers be just as easy to get to from a central point??? so I would think you can get to the bottom one from that other room not the weapon room... Doesn't really matter
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:14 am

Is there any reason you have only two of the Black Guerilla family in the yard. Every other gang has three and the new fish has four.

To try and make the small version, your army circles could be 18 pixels in diameter. It get really tight with "88" but smaller digits still fit well.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:10 am

WidowMakers wrote:Is there any reason you have only two of the Black Guerilla family in the yard. Every other gang has three and the new fish has four.

WM

because there are 4 in gen pop where their leader is. Its where they 'roll'
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 am

t.e.c wrote:
t.e.c wrote:Yakuza
Big Kiko
Asako

i still think you should change these names
Asako and Yakuza have been changed.. Big Kiko stays.
Captain mibi

Postby tim02 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:21 am

I don't get how the armies will work

like say I attack jin from bizzy will the gang member move?
Colonel tim02

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am

tim02 wrote:I don't get how the armies will work

like say I attack jin from bizzy will the gang member move?

yes everyone in the same room is vulnerable. i will make this clear in the legend.

jin or bizzy may also attack guard 005 or any of the cell block doors as they are 'adjacent'
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:53 am

WidowMakers wrote:To try and make the small version, your army circles could be 18 pixels in diameter. It get really tight with "88" but smaller digits still fit well.

WM

the diameter is currerntly 20px, 18 would be a 10% reduction which is fine by mean, but it would leave the map being 756x720 if it were done to scale. Im no sure if that would qualify as a 'small map'.

personally, I think that sacrificing quality of all for the convenience of few is quite short sighted to begin with.
Captain mibi

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:55 am

What are the white circles? Nothing?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 am

Kaplowitz wrote:What are the white circles? Nothing?

yeah, just space. doors and such.
Captain mibi

Postby MR. Nate on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:40 pm

mibi wrote:personally, I think that sacrificing quality of all for the convenience of few is quite short sighted to begin with.

Why do so many people think that it's acceptable to simply say "no" when mods ask them to do something, because their personal opinion differs? It seems to me that the rules are there, and no negotiable. You can obey them, and thus have your map accepted, or refuse, and NOT get your map accepted.

I think what I'm trying to say is: SUCK IT UP, CUPCAKE

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:50 pm

MR. Nate wrote:
mibi wrote:personally, I think that sacrificing quality of all for the convenience of few is quite short sighted to begin with.

Why do so many people think that it's acceptable to simply say "no" when mods ask them to do something, because their personal opinion differs? It seems to me that the rules are there, and no negotiable. You can obey them, and thus have your map accepted, or refuse, and NOT get your map accepted.

I think what I'm trying to say is: SUCK IT UP, CUPCAKE

I think the "rules" should always be up for discussion and improvement for the betterment of the community. If all use map makers just decided to 'suck it up" then we wouldnt have the new xml rules we have now.

so go f*ck yourself, cupcake.
Captain mibi

Postby DiM on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:47 pm

mibi wrote:I think the "rules" should always be up for discussion and improvement for the betterment of the community. If all use map makers just decided to 'suck it up" then we wouldnt have the new xml rules we have now.

so go f*ck yourself, cupcake.

i totally agree with mibi here but unless you want a 4 page long arguement where in the end you still have to resize it or abandon it i suggest to do the small 630*600
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas