Conquer Club

[Foe] Foe List 2.0 - Customization

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Seperate foe&ignore list functions

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 am

I would support this as well but in the meantime it must suck for you. Personally I would probably just foe him and once the games are over you can be rid of him. You can always get your points back :).
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:24 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I would support this as well but in the meantime it must suck for you. Personally I would probably just foe him and once the games are over you can be rid of him. You can always get your points back :).

Yes, that's the good thing about this point system. :)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Instances where this would be needed are probably really isolated. While it's posed an inconvenience for you, I think it's fine for the VAST majority of people here.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Rodion on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm

I like the idea.
General Rodion

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:46 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Instances where this would be needed are probably really isolated. While it's posed an inconvenience for you, I think it's fine for the VAST majority of people here.

-rd

Actually, it would have as much potential use as the ignore list. Every time you want to foe somebody for the way the play, this would be a legitimate tool.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:23 am

but the ignore+foe list already does this, the only thig it does not is show the text while being foed... so much more use then it gets now, i dont see it
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Block Foes from PMing

Postby Pyrhhus on Sat May 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Block Foes from PMing:

Specifics/Details:
Automatically block PM's from players on your foe list.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
The foe list is a strong indication that a player does not wish to communicate with another player, so it only makes sense to close all avenues of communication. After some digging I found in the "Rules, folders, and settings" tab under Private Messages that a player can create a Rule to automatically delete or divert PM's from foes. So while this feature does allow players to block PM's on their own, I think it would streamline the process and add significant user-friendliness if this was done automatically.

If nothing else, I would suggest that some lines of instruction are added to the "Manage foes" page to make players aware of this blocking feature as it is pretty well hidden and can be itself difficult to navigate and set up properly.
Major Pyrhhus

Re: Block Foes from PMing

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Pyrhhus wrote:Block Foes from PMing:

Specifics/Details:
Automatically block PM's from players on your foe list.

The foe list is a strong indication that a player does not wish to communicate with another player, so it only makes sense to close all avenues of communication. After some digging I found in the "Rules, folders, and settings" tab under Private Messages that a player can create a Rule to automatically delete or divert PM's from foes. So while this feature does allow players to block PM's on their own, I think it would streamline the process and add significant user-friendliness if this was done automatically.

If nothing else, I would suggest that some lines of instruction are added to the "Manage foes" page to make players aware of this blocking feature as it is pretty well hidden and can be itself difficult to navigate and set up properly.

If you really don't want any of your foes contacting you, you can set the messages to auto-delete in your inbox settings. Below your outbox folder, click "Rules, Folders, and Settings"

Choose "If Sender" --> "Is foe" --> "Delete message".
As a site setting, this would be bad because some people have moderators foed, and sometimes during the foe stage, people foe people because they're medal hunting (even though they may be good friends on the site).

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Evil Semp on Sat May 21, 2011 4:35 pm

What if you were on someone's foe list and didn't know it. You wouldn't even be able to PM them to find out why. I don't like this idea. You already have the ability to block people on your foe list like RDS explained.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat May 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Especially not good, if someone was to foe certain moderators/Admin. If they tried contacting you with a warning, you wouldn't get it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Pyrhhus on Sat May 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I thought mods and admins were immune from PM blockage in the first place?

Both rdfasetaqni4568465 and Evil Semp make good points, so would it be possible to implement the second part of my suggestion and put in a few lines on the Manage foes page about the blocking feature? Such as "You can prevent foes from sending you private messages by creating a rule to automatically delete them. This is found under the Rules, folders, and settings tab in Private Messaging." Perhaps I am in the minority, but this seems like something people may naturally wish to do but not know how. Not everyone reads forums, and if a need can be anticipated and met by two simple sentences, why not?
Major Pyrhhus

Postby soldierboy on Sat May 21, 2011 7:35 pm

lol TFO so that would be a good thing wouldn't it :) I just think Pyrhhus is saying is at least make it easier for people to find it to keep the foed from pming them because you get the not so smart computer guys Like myself can figure out where to find to shut the foed from pming you
Private 1st Class soldierboy

Postby mattattam on Sat May 21, 2011 10:20 pm

I definitely agree that it should be easier to make pm's from foes go into the trash. I wouldn't have found out how to do it unless someone told me.
Major mattattam

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 am

Pyrhhus wrote:I thought mods and admins were immune from PM blockage in the first place?

Both rdfasetaqni4568465 and Evil Semp make good points, so would it be possible to implement the second part of my suggestion and put in a few lines on the Manage foes page about the blocking feature? Such as "You can prevent foes from sending you private messages by creating a rule to automatically delete them. This is found under the Rules, folders, and settings tab in Private Messaging." Perhaps I am in the minority, but this seems like something people may naturally wish to do but not know how. Not everyone reads forums, and if a need can be anticipated and met by two simple sentences, why not?

Sure: done in 2008 no less.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=48225
buit this is only in the forums, because you know, not everything can be pointed out in helpfiles win less the 500 words. RTFM, the manual is out there, but you need to look for the information
It is something not everybody knows, but its the same thing how email works, so the theory should be obvious to most. Posting it on e.g. the homepage is... unwanted.
Although a tip of the day might be a good idea..
Major SirSebstar

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I dislike the concept of foeing in general. I'm glad it's there if someone is really bothersome... but I've been foed before and I dislike that I can't communicate with that person who did that. And it's sad that people would behave in such a way that would necesitate such a feature as foeing. It's too bad we can't just get along.
I am personally against this feature.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 25, 2011 12:49 pm

how can the foed request the reason for them being foed if all pm's are deleted or blocked.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 am

greenoaks wrote:how can the foed request the reason for them being foed if all pm's are deleted or blocked.

it can't
also, no reason is required for the foeing player. All he needs to do it use it..it required neither explanation nor reason. wierd but true
Major SirSebstar

[Foe] Foe List 2.0 - Customization

Postby DiM on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 am

Official Suggestion wrote:Concise description:
  • Improve the customization ability of the foe list.

Specifics/Details:
  • Allow toggles to block PMs, block game chat, block game joining (still remains on your end and theirs), or visibility of forum posts.
  • This function may additionally allow you to block a player as a teammate, or from playing you on a certain map or setting for medal hunters

• Less non-sensible user frustration with other non-sensible users

Mod Note: Due to the variability in Foe List Customization Suggestions, this thread has been created to encompass a large majority of them.

show
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Foe Options

Postby zimmah on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:55 am

DiM wrote:Concise description:

the foe option is too extreme and doesn't let you customize anything. so how about changing that?

Specifics/Details:

when you put a person on your for list he's automatically stopped from joining your games, you no longer see his chat and his forum posts are hidden. i'm not sure if he can still post on your wall or not and i know he can send you pms.
so we should have a foe list where we can switch on/off all those options if we want. for example there's a guy that keeps cursing in game chat but he's otherwise a very nice opponent so just foe him and block his chat. or a guy that keeps spamming your inbox or your wall you could foe him and check only those options. or let's say you stumble upon a crappy player that ruins all your games but you don't mind reading his forum posts. so you just foe him and prevent him from joining your games and leave the rest of the options intact.

it will make the foe list much more manageable.

i agree this would be a nice addition.

not that i foe many people, but it's still good.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 am

you left off the - he is a crappy teammate so foe him so he can't join your team but it is ok if you play against him option
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby DiM on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:51 pm

greenoaks wrote:you left off the - he is a crappy teammate so foe him so he can't join your team but it is ok if you play against him option

yeah this is good too.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

greenoaks wrote:you left off the - he is a crappy teammate so foe him so he can't join your team but it is ok if you play against him option

I'd probably go on a ton of those options.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby jefjef on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Don't foe me green! I'm trying!

I do think if you have someone foed it should block you from joining their games too.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby smegal69 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:48 pm

jefjef wrote:

Don't foe me green! I'm trying!

I do think if you have someone foed it should block you from joining their games too

you may be running out of people to play against soon

i would love to have the option of playing someone that's on my foe list,
i have some people on it that are wankers to play against ...... but i like to see what they say and other that you can't stand hearing from but love kicking there ass

love to see the foe list option increased
Colonel smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:28 am

I like this suggestion. It's a good one.

BUT BEFORE IT'S IMPLEMENTED, HOW ABOUT WE FIX THE FIVE-YEAR-OLD ACCEPTED SUGGESTION TO ACTUALLY FIX THE FLIPPING FOE CAPABILITY SO THAT YOU DON'T JOIN YOUR FOES GAMES!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions