Conquer Club

RSS feed re-design

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

RSS feed re-design

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Concise description:
  • Redesign the RSS feed so it shows games which expire soon on the top

Specifics/Details:
  • As browsers aren't that smart, they sort the feed by Alphabet, and not by remaining time. If the RSS feed could be altered to start with word Remaining and time after it, browsers would sort it by Remaining time

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • When you have 100+ games it is impossible to find ones that need to be played urgently (without logging in)

Here is my RSS feed currently:

I'd really like to see if I have enough time for a beer without logging into CC, and though I can see now, if I had 100+ games it would be impossible.
Captain dakky21

Re: RSS feed re-design

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:40 am

I didn't know CC had an RSS feed. Going to try it out.

EDIT: I couldn't find the URL anywhere.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:15 am

There used to be a link somewhere convenient like on your active games screen, IIRC.

Try: http://www.conquerclub.com/rss.php?user_id=XXXXXX

Where XXXXX is your user_id, which can be found by looking at the URL of your profile page next to the u= variable.
Colonel agentcom

Postby blakebowling on Tue May 27, 2014 12:34 pm

I didn't think anyone actually used the RSS feed (which is why the link was removed some time ago). If this is something people are interested in using, I can look into making some improvements to it.
Private blakebowling

Postby dakky21 on Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm

blakebowling wrote:I didn't think anyone actually used the RSS feed (which is why the link was removed some time ago). If this is something people are interested in using, I can look into making some improvements to it.

I'm using it for last 3-4 years (since it became available) and it is my first toolbar bookmark... I do have feeds of some friends also, so it helps message them on mobile they're running out of time and if necessary get their pw to play for them...

I say you should sort it by time - descending so the games with less left time are on top.

Example... I got benga in bookmark toolbar... but with his 100+ games it is impossible to see straight from RSS if he is to miss something...

Click image to enlarge.
Captain dakky21

Postby macbone on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 am

Someone asked about the RSS feed in global chat today. I guess it's still used, though not by many users.
Colonel macbone

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

macbone wrote:Someone asked about the RSS feed in global chat today. I guess it's still used, though not by many users.

I use it to download and archive the forum.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Return to Suggestions