Conquer Club

Game Matchmaker

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game Matchmaker

Postby degaston on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Concise description:
  • Add the ability for players to save sets of Game Finder information for the various maps and settings that they are interested in playing. (Call it a Matchmaker set?)
  • When someone starts a new game, an email with a link to join that game is sent to all players who have saved a Matchmaker set that matches it.
Specifics/Details:
  • On the Game Finder page, add controls to Save (with a name), Load and Delete Matchmaker sets.
  • Whenever a game is started, an email alert is sent to all players who have saved a Matchmaker set that matches that game.
  • The email should contain the name of the set(s) that matched, and a link to join the game.
Possible additional features:
  • Players should have the ability to enable and disable particular Matchmaker sets, to avoid getting too many unwanted emails.
  • When using the Start a Game page, as each option is selected, the player could be told how many other players have saved a Matchmaker set that matches his game settings. This could help reduce the number of unpopular game types that are created.
  • The system could also be programmed to periodically find combinations of settings that are popular, and automatically create a game of that type and send out invitations.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • With the decline in membership and increase in game options, it has become increasingly difficult to get a game started.
  • If this suggestion were implemented, it would become easier get a game filled quickly.
  • This would increase user satisfaction and help with member retention.
Last edited by degaston on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier degaston

Re: Game Matchmaker

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm

You could borrow a bit from the Guide system and have it automatically join you up to game configuration that you really like. But, I can manage all kinds of ways that could be abused, especially if you were playing for points.
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby degaston on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:You could borrow a bit from the Guide system and have it automatically join you up to game configuration that you really like. But, I can manage all kinds of ways that could be abused, especially if you were playing for points.

I don't think that it should automatically join anyone to a game. People might be entered into games they don't want, which could lead to deadbeating, or at least dissatisfaction. I'm not sure how it could be abused, but it just doesn't seem necessary in any case.

Expanding on the original idea, though, if you get a notice for a game that you don't want, it would be nice if you were allowed to specify exclusion settings so that you don't get any more notices for that type of game.
(e.g. exclude notices for games with USA 2.1 map and Trench.)
Brigadier degaston

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Fewnix on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 am

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ I love the idea of a matchmaker service on CC and there are several versions possible that should attract new people and keep the regulars happy .Not always a happy ending but happy for a while and coming back for more :D

For example how about you can switch your Available status by checking a box to show you are online now and may be up for action now or talk about action now? So when someone logs into CC- a newbie, a freemium, premium, someone just checking out this site, they can get invites to games, speed or 24 hours, within minutes, through basic invites they can accept or decline OR through PMs or Live Chat. they can ignore or file for future reference. " Hi Fred, you seem to be a fine young fella, up for some Feudal Epic, Feudal War, , Pelep, I like escalating spoils, foggy, but am open minded , willing to rry new things, call me O:) ?"
. .
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 am

I like this.

What would be cool, too, is if you could specify players you'd like to have on your team for team games on a particular map and settings. Then, if you join a team game, the rest of the spots on that team could be reserved for those players - of course, you would be able to cancel the invites if you wanted to.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby degaston on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Looks like this is being implemented under a new Game Request tab on the Start A Game page (only on the Beta test site right now).
=D>
Brigadier degaston

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:36 pm

degaston wrote:Looks like this is being implemented under a new Game Request tab on the Start A Game page (only on the Beta test site right now).
=D>

That's hush hush :-$ 8-[ :lol:
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby degaston on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:52 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
degaston wrote:Looks like this is being implemented under a new Game Request tab on the Start A Game page (only on the Beta test site right now).
=D>

That's hush hush :-$ 8-[ :lol:

Sorry, I didn't know that. As far as I knew, this suggestion had been rejected. My activity on the site has been down recently because I found it difficult to find a game I was interested in. I just happened to check the recent posts, and saw a message about this new feature that appears to do the same thing. (though I can't tell yet if it will link to newly created games) Maybe if they would advertise what changes are in the works, people might be more excited about being here.
Brigadier degaston

Return to Suggestions