Conquer Club

New chat icon / flag warning

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New chat icon / flag warning

Postby Cookster on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Concise description:
  • provide a flag or icon somewhere prominent when new chat has been posted

Specifics/Details:
  • as above really, just an additional reminder / chance that new chat will be read prior to launching an attack that is regretted / considering a truce offer or something similar. Icon / flag should be immediately visible on screen without scrolling down to chat lines (obviously :roll: )

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • avoid embarrassing / unintentional ignoring of chat requests or offers of truces etc :cry:
    won't stop deliberate actions of similar nature if that is what is wanted (some people are just not chatty, which is fair enough!)

That's it. Happened to me / and by me a good few times, so thought I would post this. Searched "new chat flag icon" without any hits...
Cheers
Sergeant 1st Class Cookster

Re: New chat icon / flag warning

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 am

hmmm... i know when you use the new interface there is an asterisks next to "chat" when new chat appears... maybe you should just use the new interface which has this feature and not ask for additional work for something that already exists... just my 2 schillings... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: New chat icon / flag warning

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:32 pm

This feature is unfair since it renders the compensating differential of "reading the game chat before madly slashing at one's enemies" obsolete.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Return to Suggestions