Conquer Club

A new anti-bonus vs opponent.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

A new anti-bonus vs opponent.

Postby random21 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:38 pm

I would like to create a territory where a team can take a territory or group of territories, which gives a - (negative) number of troops to your opponent.

Imagine a game where you have a starting point castle, like King's Court 2, or feudal Epic. And part of a siege mechanism, is to starve you out of your castle. So upon approaching the castle, they take certain territories, which give -1 to opponent or something. In Kc2 for instance, there are always road leading in and out of castle. So what if I take the road to the entrance of your castle.. somewhere close but along the lines. If you can't get resources/food/water into your castle. You will slowly whittle away.

You want your 3 automatic troops, but I don't want you to have them. :D

So question.suggestion:

Take a territory, although in the circumstance I want, you need 3 specific territories. And these 3 territories once taken, give -1 troop to person Who controls X territory.

If no one controls X, and you have a b c, there is no -1 bonus.
Field Marshal random21

Re: A new anti-bonus vs opponent.

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:50 pm

sounds neat. it'd be nice to have some new maps to try these new ideas out on...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby random21 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:54 pm

I am working on some maps :) but as I am entirely new to it, be good to have more map makers I agree to test out ideas. But, to make maps, I need to know if these things are possible.
Field Marshal random21

Postby degaston on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 pm

I think transformations might come close to doing what you want, but good luck figuring out how to use them. The interface is really ugly.
Brigadier degaston

Postby random21 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:15 pm

hmm, i actually have no graphic or coding abilities. Hopefully I can inspire others who due to assist me, if what I want is possible to do.
Field Marshal random21

Postby degaston on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:24 pm

random21 wrote:hmm, i actually have no graphic or coding abilities. Hopefully I can inspire others who due to assist me, if what I want is possible to do.

Are you aware that the foundry is all but dead right now, and that no new maps have been release this year?
It seems like they're recruiting some new testers to try things out on the beta site, but I haven't seen much new activity yet.
Brigadier degaston

Postby random21 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Not aware of that. That means I'll have no competitors. I got the only new map to choose from? They'll have to take it!

haha dunno

if you just mean those are the coding and graphics people... i think not right?

you just mean the people in charge of mapmaking are not as active now? well can't help that
Field Marshal random21

Postby degaston on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 pm

random21 wrote:Not aware of that. That means I'll have no competitors. I got the only new map to choose from? They'll have to take it!

haha dunno

if you just mean those are the coding and graphics people... i think not right?

you just mean the people in charge of mapmaking are not as active now? well can't help that

Here's the discussion on it: Is the foundry officially dead?

Right now, there are four maps (including mine) that are on the main foundry page, and haven't been moved to "abandoned", but not much is happening on any of them, because no one is in the foundry to comment on them. It's pretty difficult to develop a map that people will want to play if there's no one to tell you what they like or don't like about your map.

I've made many comments in the foundry threads that the development process is backwards because they expect you to have the graphics finished before anyone ever plays your map. Maybe that will change now that they're recruiting testers, but it remains to be seen if these people will actually contribute to getting maps finished.
Brigadier degaston

Return to Suggestions