Conquer Club

Premium gets 4 no point games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Premium gets 4 no point games

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:56 am

Premium gets four no point games.
Concise description:
When someone purchases premium they get 4 no point games. This would be a premium perk.

Specifics/Details:
Purchase premium you get a account (premium) that is used for the scoreboard. You get a 4 no point games. You must have a free no points account to play in no point games.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It will let premium members try maps that they might not play if they can lose points. Higher ranked players might start playing lower ranked players without being scared of losing a ton of points. Less rank segregation in games.

It might help reduce multi accounts held by premium members.
Last edited by Evil Semp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Premium gets additional free account

Postby Lord Arioch on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:11 am

I like it!
Ive thought about it, but my thoughts were a box u can mark so the game goes for no points just fun.... but this feels better!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby waauw on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 am

I don't think you per sé need to receive an additional account, but yes I do agree this might be a nice feature.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 pm

waauw wrote:I don't think you per sé need to receive an additional account, but yes I do agree this might be a nice feature.

Reworded the subject and suggestion to reflect 4 no point games instead of another account.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Premium gets 4 no point games

Postby zsp on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 pm

I actually kinda like this edited version, Semp.

There are maps I'd never touch: the feudal maps, arms race, labyrinth, etc because I'd rather not lose hundreds of points until I grasped the concept of the map and thereafter grasped strategies on how to beat people on said maps. This allows me a chance to play anyone and not only learn other maps, but see how different people play those maps.
2008-10-15 03:03:59 - pasberg: Zsp is really good in manipulating you guys doing his work.

22:18:13 ‹dakky21› but i MUST moderate this dead chat
22:18:41 ‹zsp› ^you just gave me a new sig.
Major zsp

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:23 pm

how often would they get these 4 no point games
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby zsp on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 pm

TimWoodbury wrote:how often would they get these 4 no point games
4l
4 at any given time like how freemiums currently get?
2008-10-15 03:03:59 - pasberg: Zsp is really good in manipulating you guys doing his work.

22:18:13 ‹dakky21› but i MUST moderate this dead chat
22:18:41 ‹zsp› ^you just gave me a new sig.
Major zsp

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:00 pm

there should be a big warning or a popup that tells someone that is entering the game that this isnt' for any points. I bet they'd be pissed if they joined thinking it was for points.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:00 pm

zsp wrote:
4l

That is what my thinking was.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:00 pm

I wasn't thrilled about the original version, but I agree with the new version. Yes, I think that would be a good idea.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Kevi on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:21 am

zsp wrote:I actually kinda like this edited version, Semp.

There are maps I'd never touch: the feudal maps, arms race, labyrinth, etc because I'd rather not lose hundreds of points until I grasped the concept of the map and thereafter grasped strategies on how to beat people on said maps. This allows me a chance to play anyone and not only learn other maps, but see how different people play those maps.

There are always bot games to help learn new maps.
Captain Kevi

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Kevi wrote:
zsp wrote:I actually kinda like this edited version, Semp.

There are always bot games to help learn new maps.

Bots can only play the simpler kinds of maps, though. The maps that most people need help with are precisely the opposite kind: the complex maps, which the bots can't handle.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby usidyr on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:02 pm

I do not support this suggestion. It is true that there are many maps I have never played. But it is rarely the case because I am afraid of losing points. In any case, premium players can join as many games as they want. So, if you are afraid of losing points on a map then join another game on a map that you are a master at and win it. Your win will more than compensate for a possible loss on the other map.

There is already big gap between the free and the premium players - premium players get unlimited simultaneous games, speed games, battle royales and other things. One of the biggest strengths of CC is the huge player base, with a lot of free players. If you start erecting pay to win walls, you'll lose the free player base and then quite possibly even the premium players.
Corporal usidyr

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:12 pm

I disagree with most of what you said.

usidyr wrote:It is true that there are many maps I have never played. But it is rarely the case because I am afraid of losing points. In any case, premium players can join as many games as they want.So, if you are afraid of losing points on a map then join another game on a map that you are a master at and win it.

This suggestion wasn't made with just one player in mind. I am like you, I am not concerned about points. I play mostly tourney and clan games. I have been around a long time and have read many suggestions and complaints about members who didn't want to lose their points. I think this suggestion is better than rank restricted games such as this suggestion. http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 4&t=214704

usidyr wrote:There is already big gap between the free and the premium players - premium players get unlimited simultaneous games, speed games, battle royales and other things. One of the biggest strengths of CC is the huge player base, with a lot of free players. If you start erecting pay to win walls, you'll lose the free player base and then quite possibly even the premium players.

I think this would be one more incentive for a free member to purchase premium. I don't think you will lose the free players because they aren't losing anything. I personally think the two main reasons new members don't hang around. 1] the game just isn't interesting enough for them. 2] in many instances new players are treated poorly.

This suggestion is intended to make it easier for established players who are concerned about points to reach out to new members and offer them a game.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mrswdk on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:18 pm

If you weren't a mod this would probably be enacted around 2023, but as you are a mod this feature will probably be active by Friday.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:05 pm

Interesting suggestion, I don't support a new account but getting it to work under existing accounts somehow would get my support.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
zsp wrote:
4l

Freemiums dont.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:05 pm

IcePack wrote:Interesting suggestion, I don't support a new account but getting it to work under existing accounts somehow would get my support.

I edited to remove additional account and changed it to no point games.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:07 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
zsp wrote:
4l

Freemiums dont.

I think he was referring to game count.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jcmagno on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't think is a good idea...
General jcmagno

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 am

jcmagno wrote:I don't think is a good idea...

Great reasoning, as always.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby clangfield on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:52 am

usidyr wrote:I do not support this suggestion. It is true that there are many maps I have never played. But it is rarely the case because I am afraid of losing points. In any case, premium players can join as many games as they want. So, if you are afraid of losing points on a map then join another game on a map that you are a master at and win it. Your win will more than compensate for a possible loss on the other map.

There is already big gap between the free and the premium players - premium players get unlimited simultaneous games, speed games, battle royales and other things. One of the biggest strengths of CC is the huge player base, with a lot of free players. If you start erecting pay to win walls, you'll lose the free player base and then quite possibly even the premium players.

As a freemium - I have no problem with premium being able to do this, any more than I do with poly or speed games, and it wouldn't cause me to leave. I think it's a good idea.
Lieutenant clangfield

Return to Suggestions